• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The International 2016 (Aug 3rd - 13th)

Cels

well-deserved champions.

and to think after shanghai major people declared china dead

A0aoFno.jpg

Fuchsdh

DC has made some major misplays especially as things spiral out of control, but maaaan I'm sick of advice against AM being "just lock him down" when the best teams in the world consistently struggle to do the same thing

Really the fact that you can have carries that become completely unstoppable and there's nothing any team of any skill can really do about it after a certain point feels like a critical weakness with Dota 2.

But really DC mostly whiffed and Wings was just better at teamwork and punishing the slip-ups. That AM blink back into high ground to punish Mirana was a good example.

Dokie Okie

Neo Member
The pattern of Even = East, Odd = West for TI continues. Grats to Wings. Well played by DC. TI was pretty fantastic this year, all told.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Really the fact that you can have carries that become completely unstoppable and there's nothing any team of any skill can really do about it after a certain point feels like a critical weakness with Dota 2.

I mean, if the draft is different, there's not that lack of lockdown for DC, though.

Something like a Beastmaster, for example.

Wings drafted really well vs DC's lineup.

domlolz

Banned
I had fallen a little out of love with Dota. I don't really enjoy playing that much anymore and I wasn't watching that many tournaments. All that ended with this TI... So many good games and plays. Production was off the charts, I have friends who aren't super into Dota and they were watching all the matches. Although there was a few moments of Cringe usually in the post/pre game segments but overall it was a meteoric success.

Even if I don't play/watch Dota all year round. I'll continue to come back for TI if this is the sort of thing I can expect.

its not esports without awkwardness

ksan

ragtag team of rejects still got second in the most important esport tournament in the world

thats pretty cool

also wings are pretty good as well

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody who things EG would have done just as bad as DC in that grand final is actually a fool. DC made so many misplays. You could tell they were tilting from half way thru game 2. Was actually quite embarrassing. EG would have given us a much more competitive final

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
DC should be proud of what they accomplished, they can exit the stage with their heads high. Wings was just in another level, damn they played so damn well.

Anybody who things EG would have done just as bad as DC in that grand final is actually a fool. DC made so many misplays. You could tell they were tilting from half way thru game 2. Was actually quite embarrassing. EG would have given us a much more competitive final

They got overconfident after the first game and then just went full tilt.

marrec

Banned
I mean, if the draft is different, there's not that lack of lockdown for DC, though.

Something like a Beastmaster, for example.

Wings drafted really well vs DC's lineup.

Yep, it came down to the draft, and even then it was a close won thing as DC still had the game well in hand but they didn't do enough against AM.

Ketch

EG is just as capable of tilting.

DC lost like every draft this series, except for the first one. Wings really had their number.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Honestly? I don't know why they don't re-schedule stuff to just give us the finals on the last day, or at least do the second to last round in the morning. I do think its a disadvantage to go into a best of 5 having just played a best of 3 a few hours earlier

i did it! I didn't buy compendium!

Got my immortal gardens and LC wings.

No ragrets.

Honestly? I don't know why they don't re-schedule stuff to just give us the finals on the last day, or at least do the second to last round in the morning. I do think its a disadvantage to go into a best of 5 having just played a best of 3 a few hours earlier

That's the point. Come into it on the winner's side and you don't have to do that.

EG wouldn't have tilted like DC did in game 3 and yes it would have made for a far better GF.

EG is just as capable of tilting.

DC lost like every draft this series, except for the first one. Wings really had their number.

I think they would have done better in game 4 if they had just started with Resolution mid once they realized it was mid Axe. Trying to play Slark Mid against Axe wasted so much time, but the second they rotated the entire game started going their way. I think Wings targeting Moo also hurt them. He was doing well on Timbersaw, but it was mostly because other teams had targeted other players.

Yawn, can't you stop shitting on teams?

DC also played a very exhausting Bo3 prior to this and Wings 2-0ed EG, let's not forget that. It's extremely hard to look good against probably the best current team.

domlolz

Banned

No. DC fucked up with their draft and execution. they had to end early with their draft, they didn't. or they could get their own late game carry that could go blow for blow with am but they didn't.

am is far from unstoppable

EG wouldn't have tilted like DC did in game 3 and yes it would have made for a far better GF.

EG shouldn't have lost then.

I think they would have done better in game 4 if they had just started with Resolution mid once they realized it was mid Axe. Trying to play Slark Mid against Axe wasted so much time, but the second they rotated the entire game started going their way. I think Wings targeting Moo also hurt them. He was doing well on Timbersaw, but it was mostly because other teams had targeted other players.

Yeah, but DC had a good lead and lost it getting way too greedy. They needed to push and keep the pressure on, but KotL and ET really messed with that idea.

Chris R

Thought Wings would take it. Great event yet again, ending at the perfect time.

Next year I'll get the vacation booked sooner so I can do days before and after. Release the dates now Volvo.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
No. DC fucked up with their draft and execution. they had to end early with their draft, they didn't. or they could get their own late game carry that could go blow for blow with am but they didn't.

am is far from unstoppable

I mean, serious question, who? Who would you have drafted instead?

Chris R

guys you are forgetting the most important thing, Chris R is gonna actually gonna catch his flight in time.
Lol not most important. I was going to move to the lawn at 40 mins game time, then leave the lawn in ~8 mins.

Will be nice to have a little wiggle room to get something to eat before I board.

domlolz

Banned

thats the advantage of being in the upper bracket m8

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yawn, can't you stop shitting on teams?

DC also played a very exhausting Bo3 prior to this and Wings 2-0ed EG, let's not forget that. It's extremely hard to look good against probably the best current team.

I'm not shitting on them. It's clear as day they played horrible in those last 3 games. How is stating facts shitting on them? That shit with W33 chasing that Axe at the end was a turd cherry on top of a shit sundae. Totally embarrassing play and just the last of many. All kinds of spells missed were missed by all of DC in that series. They didn't look like a TI caliber team.

As for them playing an exhausting series before the GF even started, EG did it last year...

Top Bottom