• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming |Thread5| From Zero to Gaming Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I got a new iPad after being without one for the last year. I've had an iPhone so I got all the iPhone/iPad titles, but I know I have missed a bunch of iPad-only games, or games that just play way better on the iPad. Can you guys recommend me some?

Right now the "big" games I have installed:

- Jubeat Plus
- Reflec Beat Plus (LOVE it)

Got a few other small games that aren't all that good (some of the ones I listed above aren't either...), but I know I've missed a lot of stuff from the last 12 months, so yeah... go ahead and help me out! :D

I see jubeat plus on your list but not jukebeat. The unique songs in jukebeat make it worth having both~ Also, O2Jam S is apparently still free, but this promo could end any minute now.

Besides that, the only other things that get regular play on my iPad are the CAVE games (Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi, Bug Princess, etc.)

Mik2121

I see jubeat plus on your list but not jukebeat. The unique songs in jukebeat make it worth having both~ Also, O2Jam S is apparently still free, but this promo could end any minute now.

Besides that, the only other things that get regular play on my iPad are the CAVE games (Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi, Bug Princess, etc.)

Can't seem to find that one? :( I play a lot of Jubeat and Reflect Beat, but I hate how the packs almost always have one or two songs that I really like, and two or three that I completely dislike, lol...

GeekyDad

What level are you up to, and what businesses are currently available to you?

I can't recall at which level the dungeon becomes available, but after the bakery, toy shop and hydromel (if that helps).

Hmm...sounds like I'm pretty far off, then. Thanks.

My wife is stuck on how to get moonstones in Happy Street. Any tips? She has the mountain if that is relevant.

Yeah, when the moon is full, tap it and you'll get a moonstone.

Well, for what it's worth, I finished Puzzle Craft with all buildings, all upgrades, all flowers/plants and all jobs maxed. No error here.

cmMVs.jpg

Beautiful. Looks like you put your observatory in the exact same place as me. :p

It's just the natural place for an observatory :p

Apparently they're working on an update but I'm not sure whether I'll go back to the game or not. Keeping it on my phone anyway, just in case.

kurahador

What of it?

It's incredibly overpriced (imo) at the regular price but I got CR1 for 7$ or 4$ and enjoyed it for the most part. Download the Appshopper app, make an account, put it on your list and wait for a sale.

I just realized it was made by Media Vision. Kinda curious albeit the price tag.
I'd suggest you buy one of them and then see whether you wanna get the other two or not.
CRI ≥ CRII > CRO

So...worth it? You know, as a jrpg standard.

PFD

Ski Safari
Kingdom Rush
Adventure Bar Story
New Star Soccer
Pinball Arcade
Reckless Racing 2
Waking Mars
Swordigo
Hunters 2
Lost Winds 2

That's a terrific list, if I do say so myself.

I'll add the following iPad exclusives:

Incoboto
Aquaria
Machinarium
Windosill
Osmos HD
Yesterday
Avadon
Cursed Treasure HD

Goli

I just realized it was made by Media Vision. Kinda curious albeit the price tag.

So...worth it? You know, as a jrpg standard.
I don't know, I mean, I think they're all great but they all have their faults.
Chaos Rings I has you go through the game four times, once with each playable couple, to see the complete storyline, and in the four times you go through the same dungeons and battle the same enemies just in a different order, each couple's story lasts about 5 hours or so, and then you unlock the "true" ending path which adds a bit more gameplay time. I think I would have stopped after the first time were it not because the storyline is actually really good and watching each couple's story unfold was fun. Omega feels like a cash-in, but it vastly improves graphics over the first Chaos Rings, and it ditches the whole four couples thing, in that sense it's much more linear and shorter, instead you could say the "meat" of the game lies in the post game that has you collecting items and things.
Chaos Rings II has a single storyline that you change depending on who you decide to kill as you go, but eventually all the different decisions lead to the same events. It also vastly improves graphics over CR I and Omega, plus it brings some changes to the battle system AND it also has a meaty post-game.

kurahador

What is your JRPG standard? Because CR has a hub-world which leads to different levels with no exploration. The battle system is decent but it's not something you'd see on a console.

Well...if it's not as bad as Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Neptunia and the like. I'll enjoy it.

EDIT
^Ah...thanks Goli

GeekyDad

So gaf...all of Chaos Rings, yes or no?

Bought the first one a few weeks back when SE put them on sale, and I tried my hardest to get into it. Left it on my phone for a couple of weeks, but finally I had to make room and it had to go. It's pretty, the battle system is okay, but it's kinda lifeless and boring to be perfectly honest. Some folks on TA rave over it, saying it has some amazing metaphysical, break-the-fourth-wall storyline, but you must have to trudge through a lot of mediocrity to get to it 'cause I sure didn't see it. I get games like that -- trust me I do -- but Chaos Rings just wasn't doing it for me. I paid for it, so I'll go back to it when times are lean, I'm sure. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Jopie

Any great games me and gf can play against each other online?

We got Wordfeud, SpellTower and Fruit Ninja.

Jewels with buddies is me and my girlfriends current go to game. Simple match three game, with some power ups that take several gems off the board at once.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was wondering if anyone will be making a TWEWY iOS thread without all the whining and crying like we had one for Ghost Trick, Chrono Trigger, etc. I guess not a lot of gaffers will be dipping on this version though.

Goli

I was wondering if anyone will be making a TWEWY iOS thread without all the whining and crying like we had one for Ghost Trick, Chrono Trigger, etc. I guess not a lot of gaffers will be dipping on this version though.

I'd make one if I knew whether it works on iTouch 4s or not...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

"I am playing TWEWY on my iPhone"

heringer

Apparently a lot of the gameplay changed, so it would be cool for discussions and impressions in this regard.

"I am playing TWEWY on my iPhone"

Do it!

Azriell

I'm very interested to see how they handle TWEWY's combat. I loved everything about the game when I was playing on my DS, except for the combat. I never could wrap my around it, and I didn't want to use the auto combat. I hope they find a good solution only having one screen and no buttons.

Can't seem to find that one? :( I play a lot of Jubeat and Reflect Beat, but I hate how the packs almost always have one or two songs that I really like, and two or three that I completely dislike, lol...

What region iTunes store are you purchasing from? jukebeat isn't in the Japanese store but should be in the other common regions.

Silvawuff

Chaos Rings was great until that 700-800 MB ninja update to add...voices.

I think I read somewhere that TWEWY won't work on iPod touch...is it going to be iPhone/iPad only?

Booter

after using an ipod touch for awhile i'm not surprised, a lot of 3d games chug and/or don't work properly

Sardello

Hi guys.

I just downloaded zookeeper battle and I think it's wonderfull... Just one thing concerns me. Is it possible tomhave multiple accounts in the same iPad?

I took this game for me and my girlfriend (we live together) but I don't wanna see my rank sinks in few minutes... I can't tell her not to play, it would be cruel.

Any possibility to have 2 ingame accounts?

Fusebox

Banned
I could never get into the dual screen combat controls of the DS TWEWY so I'm seriously considering getting the iOS version, it could be awesome.

xJavonta

Banned
Just deleted Zookeeper Battle. Fuck that noise.
Same here.

It's not the game's fault you suck at it, to be fair =P
Sometimes I think it is. I can't count the number of times I was winning and then in the last round I get screwed over. No idea how or why it happens.

Better start clearing room now.
TWEWY = 2.3 GB uncompressed.
Oh god. I've never played the game, so I'm gonna wait for some reviews before jumping on this one.

PittaGAF

Finally completed Horn, what an effort!!!
The last world is an order of magnitude better than the ones preceding it (set in dumb mode) but whoever placed the checkpoints should be jailed.
Fortunately he must have been distracted when they placed the last one.
Amazing cutscenes btw, really...they alone justified the price of admission.
The game is good, even if a bit boring at times...I would have cut the length in half, but I can't bear Action adventures anymore after being my fav genre for more than 10 years.
Controls are surprisingly good.

Now that I'm on the verge of acquiring the castle in Puzzle Craft too...I can safely return to my beloved Hunters while I wait for the new Kingdom Rush content (apparently this week).
Meanwhile I've bought Supermagical.

Barring any surprise game, this should be have me occupied till my most wanted games are out (Clash of Heroes iOS, Baldur' Gate EE and The Last Express iOS)....and then it will be Warhammer Quest wait....

Last months/year was a great iOS gaming year...played some of my fav games on any platform (Hunters 2, Kingdom Rush, Waking Mars, Ravenmark...).
Quality is increasing at a steady pace..

Sometimes I think it is. I can't count the number of times I was winning and then in the last round I get screwed over. No idea how or why it happens.

I've won a bunch of games from losing positions. Sometimes you just get totally in the zone and get a huge chain and end with 250 attack and 250 defence, and there's basically nothing your opponent can do unless they were that good as well. It's what I like about it, you've never, ever lost a match until you've actually lost it. There's always a way back if you have a great round.

In Happy Street news: FUCK. I just opened it, it reset itself back to an empty street, so I closed it and now it won't reopen. I suppose I'm probably done with that now, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom