• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Rebel

I felt dirty for enjoying Fairway Solitaire so much but then I turned the sound on and some stupid ad for their other games came up even after I unlocked the game. I can hate BFG again, everything is good again.

SeanR1221

I'm loving Reckless Racer 2, but damn do the later tracks get hard. I cruised through the first 3 cups, 4th gave me a little trouble, and I'm sucking in the 5th.

I think I need to work on my drifting. I try to let off the gas and go easy on the turning, but I always go out of control.

Zeth

I'm loving Reckless Racer 2, but damn do the later tracks get hard. I cruised through the first 3 cups, 4th gave me a little trouble, and I'm sucking in the 5th.

I think I need to work on my drifting. I try to let off the gas and go easy on the turning, but I always go out of control.

Give the half-wheel a shot. It takes some getting used to, you basically make short swipes on it left and right to make adjustments. I found it to be super precise after a while, and ended up getting really good at the game.

Glad so many people are getting RR2 now that it's on sale, but I wonder if it underperformed at launch prompting the sale. (probably so, I remember seeing RR1 in top 10 paid for quite a bit) Anyway, one of the best iOS games this year for sure. I've probably played over 15 hours. It really gets better when you start getting faster cars. It's really a perfect sequel. You can't even compare 2 to 1, there is about 100x more content.

Just about finished Raid Leader ($.99), got really into it, and enjoyed the 6 or so hours I've spent on it. Great value for $1 despite it's bugs, if you're even moderately interested in a Battle Heart style game.

Gazzawa

finally, finally, finally have my ipod touch. kairosoft games here i come!

Game Dev Story was one of the first games I got when i got my itouch4.
I remember at 1pm I started playing and when I looked up again it was dark.
I swear they put crack in it!

So any reason I shouldnt get lego HP, Goatup, Gridrunner,and Edo Town?

As far as Lego Harry Potter goes, the reviews are very positive. Have you played any of the other Lego games? If so, I think you will know what to expect. I picked it up because it was only .99, I only played it for like 5 minutes. I hear there is a lot of content, so for .99 seems like a good deal. If you like the HP universe then I would say definitely get it.

I felt dirty for enjoying Fairway Solitaire so much but then I turned the sound on and some stupid ad for their other games came up even after I unlocked the game. I can hate BFG again, everything is good again.

Same here. I wish I hadn't spent the $1, even though I love the game. The amount of ads is absurd.

Glass Rebel

Same here. I wish I hadn't spent the $1, even though I love the game. The amount of ads is absurd.

Yup, I'm almost finished though, only 3 courses left.

Any good tower defense tips?

I've played Kingdom Rush and Tower Defense: Lost earth

Wondering if towers n' trolls is worth it

Would you consider Plants vs Zombies tower defense? Samurai Bloodshow is similar and on sale right now: LINK

There's also a Lite version.

blahness

Space Giraffe Temptest-like for ya? There hasn't been any kind of announcement but given that he owns the entire IP, it's not out of the realms of possibility it'll make an appearance on iOS. I could never really get into it, though... I should give it another shot.

Space Giraffe is one of my favorite games for this gen and I love that you can "Bull" in Gridrunner iOS. Havent been able to play much but how do you access the VIC and C64 modes?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Either I'm just delusional or I don't notice any apps in Fairway Solitaire? Are they audio-ads? Because i play with my sound off.. And I didn't notice any visual ads...

Glass Rebel

Either I'm just delusional or I don't notice any apps in Fairway Solitaire? Are they audio-ads? Because i play with my sound off.. And I didn't notice any visual ads...

There are visual ads when you launch the game, some when you pause... just play some more and you'll run into one eventually.

Anyway, finished the game including the bonus levels so I deleted it.

I'm much more into Reckless Racing types on the iPad than Real Racing types. Enjoying Reckless 2. Haven't had any more crashes so assume it was maybe an open apps issue.

Gridrunner is all kinds of awesome and works wonderfully wih the icade. Has the look and feel of a classic eighties Namco classic. 69p that is well worth spending. Well done Jeff!!

I'm much more into Reckless Racing types on the iPad than Real Racing types. Enjoying Reckless 2. Haven't had any more crashes so assume it was maybe an open apps issue.

Sme here. Getting a huge kick from reckless racing 2. The only "traditional viewe" racer I've enjoyed in iOS is sonic racing. Well, the first real racing was enjoyable too. But I'm much more a fan of top down racers on iPad.

Need some help: I'm taking a long trip home and I'm broke. Is anybody willing to give me a short list (3-5 titles) of the best free iPhone games? I'm primarily a console gamer, so I'm looking for some high quality, free gaming to hold my attention.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Need some help: I'm taking a long trip home and I'm broke. Is anybody willing to give me a short list (3-5 titles) of the best free iPhone games? I'm primarily a console gamer, so I'm looking for some high quality, free gaming to hold my attention.

Jetpack Joyride.
Um. Some other stuff that you won't play on this trip.

You are taking a long trip. Yet you are so broke that you can't afford $1-5 ios games.

What a weird situation ya live in o_O.

Reese-015

Gotta weigh in a little bit, I love Death Rally and never liked the first Reckless Racing much. The second one seems a lot better but still didn't grip me immediately, giving it a chance though and it's definitely an exceptional and polished game, it's just a tad bit bland to me I think.

Shaneus

I really wish Death Rally iOS was more like Death Rally PC. I was so excited seeing it on the store until I bought it and saw it had been all 3Ded up :(

Anyone still playing Run Roo Run? The week 7 levels have been released and I have no idea how to pass level 8. It seems broken :-|

I was REALLY into this game and the leader boards when it 1st came out, I'm still in the top 10 in two or three of the levels, but then I saw people beating times by like 20 secs. or passing entire chapters in like 2 secs. and it seems like there are ways to cheat so I'm hoping for an update that fixes it. In the mean time its sorta turned me off from trying to compete :(

Huff

Banned

might as well just go to the app store and see what the most popular apps are. high quality free games arn't something i can really think

I don't know if all of the following are still free but in addition to Jetpack Joyride, you could try:
- Robot wants Kitty. There's more stuff as IAP but the free base game is pretty cool. It's like a micro metroid.
- Grisly Manor is supposed to be really good. I haven't played yet but it was still free 2 weeks ago.
- Sentinel 1, 2 and 3 are TD games. They were free recently

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was REALLY into this game and the leader boards when it 1st came out, I'm still in the top 10 in two or three of the levels, but then I saw people beating times by like 20 secs. or passing entire chapters in like 2 secs. and it seems like there are ways to cheat so I'm hoping for an update that fixes it. In the mean time its sorta turned me off from trying to compete :(
You should try adding some gaffers on gamecenter from the list on the OP, there's cheating on so many worldwide leaderboards. I personally think it's more fun to compete against gaf members and these days I find myself pretty much only paying attention to the score from other people in my friends list.

Reese-015

Good news for League of Evil 2 owners:

"We have submitted the update to Apple now. Should be out whenever they approve it. We've implement quite a few fixes in this update.

- Double jump bug fix
- Adjusted 3 star times
- Jump sound effect
- Increased precision of game timer
- Updated to the latest Joypad SDK
- Improved stability and memory management
- Other bug fixes"

YES. JUMP SOUND EFFECT. I'm serious, I really really wanted them to have a nice jump sound effect like in LoE1, it did a lot for the feel of the first one.

Geez, Tower's N Troll's already dropped in price to $2.99, and it's only been out for 3 days. No wonder why I barely ever buy anything the day it comes out.

Gridrunner is pretty crazy game, but I don't understand why Minter didn't go with 1:1 controls. Makes the whole thing feel floaty and awkward

I play it like a trackball, just like Mino Rescue.

Just downloaded Midway Arcade. This is basically my childhood at birthday parties in a .99 app complete with skew ball and tickets and prizes. Worth it for Spy Hunter alone.

You are taking a long trip. Yet you are so broke that you can't afford $1-5 ios games.

What a weird situation ya live in o_O.

College student going home for a few days and literally every penny counts. Not gonna blow any cash right now purchasing games through a service that has an ass load of freebies.

I don't think being poor and in school is weird *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom