• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kalos League has finally begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Ash deserves this W

S6dgonm.png

DZhOiCD.png

Mo10H4c.png

The real W

Team Flare will interrupt and no one will win.

I personally think Team Flare won't move until the finals conclude. They seem to be gathering mega energy from the league contestants, so I see them launching their attack right after either Ash or Alain lose.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ash's first battle in the league

He dominated so much they didn't even bothered to show the whole thing
Like watching Messi demolish Panama in the group stage before he retires from international football after losing the final.
We know for a fact he faces one of his two big rivals, Shota in the semi finals this time (and very quickly, since that match starts the third episode of the league). Alain fight is also being hyped in the same preview, which heavily implies they'll fight in the finals (especially if as it mentions Alain's other pokemon besides Mega Charizard X. If it was just for the Flare finale, I don't think they'd bother giving him other Pokemon or even entering the league at all)
I've been waiting nearly 20 years man. Don't try to put my hopes up. Besides, it's in their best interest to keep the status quo.

Like watching Messi demolish Panama in the group stage before he retires from international football after losing the final.

I've been waiting nearly 20 years man. Don't try to put my hopes up. Besides, it's in their best interest to keep the status quo.

Don't get me wrong, he might still lose to Alain in the finals, or team flare plot my interrupt the finals entirely. But I'd be very surprised if he lost to Shota in the semis

That's what I'm thinking. Ash won't win a league until the final season, whenever that will be.

Red Devil

Not sure if that's the case anymore after the tragedy the BW series was, there're things that in other series would indicate endgame or meaning the torch will be passed to another character but we'll see...

He's going to be Top Two and beat his placement of Top 4.

No way he skips a level when they've been able to drag it out this long.

He'll also at least lose the next two series. With the one right after this having him finish top 4 again.

SilentRob

What the fuck, are yous serious? Ash hasn't ever won a League? Just give it up, dude. Go back to school and work in a Pokemon Bank or something. Maybe get some dough with a side job at Pokemon McDonalds, I dunno. Just do something with your life for once.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What the fuck, are yous serious? Ash hasn't ever won a League? Just give it up, dude. This is just getting sad at this point. Go back to school and work in a Pokemon Bank or something.
He won the Orange Islands league. But that was a filler arc so...

Red Devil

FUCK YEAH

I love the League episodes, where he just calls in every motherfucker too hardcore to roll with him when he's just maiming Team Rocket every week

Then again next episode
will be focused on Sawyer and Tierno with Sawyer winning and then to battle against Ash in the semifinal, apparently Ash will fight Astrid but it doesn't appear we'll see much of it then the following two episodes will be the semifinal battle between Ash and Sawyer

Then again next episode
will be focused on Sawyer and Tierno with Sawyer winning and then to battle against Ash in the semifinal, apparently Ash will fight Astrid but it doesn't appear we'll see much of it then the following two episodes will be the semifinal battle between Ash and Sawyer

Sawyer's the short guy with the Sceptile, right?

I might just watch this for nostalgia's sake. The Silver League portion of the original series was something I made sure to catch for far too long after its original airdate when I knew it was re-airing.

Red Devil

Sawyer's the short guy with the Sceptile, right?

I might just watch this for nostalgia's sake. The Silver League portion of the original series was something I made sure to catch for far too long after its original airdate when I knew it was re-airing.

Yes, he is. He has a Mega Sceptile which will defeat and likely destroy Tierno's Raichu.

In the finals Ash is going to face the guy he gave his Primeape to back in Kanto and feel the true pain of his foolish decision.

Really though I'm gonna keep an eye on this, the battle animation the show gets now makes my Indigo League nostalgia completely whither and die.

janoDX

I still don't realize why Ash sends his pokemon back to Oak. He could easily win if he goes with his pokemons from other gens into the Leagues.

Hell, he can go Charizard/Infernape, Greninja, Pikachu, Sceptile, Noctowl/Swellow and Tauros/Snorlax and that would be a strong team.

Edit: Put Sceptile in.

Red Devil

I'm talking BS.

Just like the one their going to pull to make him lose

I see, he however promised
Diantha they would battle again after the league since their last battle got interrupted when Ash passed out and was doing well against her

I still don't realize why Ash sends his pokemon back to Oak. He could easily win if he goes with his pokemons from other gens into the Leagues.

Hell, he can go Charizard/Infernape, Greninja, Pikachu, Bulbasaur/Baylef/Torterra, Noctowl/Swellow and Tauros/Snorlax and that would be a strong team.

Why would you use perpetual jobber Torterra over the Sceptile that took out a Darkrai?

They can easily keep the status quo even if they allow Ash the W. Just have him get dominated by the Elite Four and he'll have something to strive for in the next series. Probably still won't let him win though.

Red Devil

They can easily keep the status quo even if they allow Ash the W. Just have him get dominated by the Elite Four and he'll have something to strive for in the next series.

He already put the champion against the ropes. In addition to, even if Ash wins got to see how they handle the whole Elite Four thing, since one of them is working for Team Flare.

I'm expecting him to choke, BUT we already know Ash is going up against Sawyer in the semis and Alan in the finals.

The last time Ash battled Sawyer, he lost - and he's lost to Alan twice. It would be a little weird if they put Ash up against Alan and had him lose a third time, as they usually set up a rival like that so Ash can triumph the third time as a sign of how far along he's come (see Brandon in the Battle Frontier, or Paul in the Sinnoh League). Obviously it'll end with Mega-Charizard X versus Ash-Greninja - or Pikachu.

Ash almost beat Diantha in a one on one match this series remember, so the writers are clearly setting him up as a powerful trainer this round. Let's see if they dare give him a win.

Weird too that they're setting up things like Serena's (unrequited?) crush on him, or Ash-Greninja which seem like they'd have longer term effects. Even if Ash doesn't win the league, I don't think Alola will be the typical "Ash ditches all his friends and Pokemon to start fresh in the new region" reset this series does frequently, but we'll see. Sinnoh had plenty of foreshadowing that Ash might pull it out then and they yanked it out from him at the last second.

Red Devil

Weird too that they're setting up things like Serena's (unrequited?) crush on him, or Ash-Greninja which seem like they'd have longer term effects. Even if Ash doesn't win the league, I don't think Alola will be the typical "Ash ditches all his friends and Pokemon to start fresh in the new region" reset this series does frequently, but we'll see. Sinnoh had plenty of foreshadowing that Ash might pull it out then and they yanked it out from him at the last second.

Which is why I believe if the series could go on with just another character and a Pikachu if they ever wanted to replace Ash they're setting everything now to be the right time, unless they do another BW with SM which would be disgusting, just remembering BW makes me angry.

Toparaman

Banned
Pikachu
Hawlucha
Noivern
Talonflame

Not bad, but one of his competitors has a better lineup:
Moldoron
Quartile
Tartole
Raptanite
Artoise

The show is really going to have to use some creative writing to justify Ash's lineup beating that lineup.

janoDX

Doesn't really matter since Ash has neither a key stone nor a mega stone for either of them

I remember when this series started and Megas were all over the place that Ash would get a key and mega stone for Charizard so he can evolve to Charizard Y.

But I think that was the most logical step.

But nonetheless, Charizard, Greninja, Pikachu, Sceptile, Noctowl and Infernape/Noivern/Snorlax would be an amazing dream team for a big battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom