• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kalos League has finally begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when this series started and Megas were all over the place that Ash would get a key and mega stone for Charizard so he can evolve to Charizard Y.

But I think that was the most logical step.

But nonetheless, Charizard, Greninja, Pikachu, Sceptile, Noctowl and Infernape would be an amazing dream team for a big battle.
I can think of so many replacements for Noctowl..I d dislike that Pokemon

I'm expecting him to choke, BUT we already know Ash is going up against Sawyer in the semis and Alan in the finals.

The last time Ash battled Sawyer, he lost - and he's lost to Alan twice. It would be a little weird if they put Ash up against Alan and had him lose a third time, as they usually set up a rival like that so Ash can triumph the third time as a sign of how far along he's come (see Brandon in the Battle Frontier, or Paul in the Sinnoh League). Obviously it'll end with Mega-Charizard X versus Ash-Greninja - or Pikachu.

Ash almost beat Diantha in a one on one match this series remember, so the writers are clearly setting him up as a powerful trainer this round. Let's see if they dare give him a win.

Weird too that they're setting up things like Serena's (unrequited?) crush on him, or Ash-Greninja which seem like they'd have longer term effects. Even if Ash doesn't win the league, I don't think Alola will be the typical "Ash ditches all his friends and Pokemon to start fresh in the new region" reset this series does frequently, but we'll see. Sinnoh had plenty of foreshadowing that Ash might pull it out then and they yanked it out from him at the last second.

It'd be a bit weird given the emphasis on Ash-Greninja, but what are the odds Ash gets Mega Charizard Y? Zard X vs Zard Y seems like an obvious thing to do.

Red Devil

It'd be a bit weird given the emphasis on Ash-Greninja, but what are the odds Ash gets Mega Charizard Y? Zard X vs Zard Y seems like an obvious thing to do.

It already showed up, in the latest episode the center was Alain's Mega Charizard X vs. Trevor's Mega Charizard Y, and Alain's pokémon wiped Trevor's team(who also used Aerodactyl and Florges).

janoDX

I can think of so many replacements for Noctowl..I d dislike that Pokemon

Noctowl was the unsung hero of Johto he was a beast with Hypnosis and Confusion.

Aw well...

There's a lot of variations on what pokemons would make a dream team for Ash. These are the most notable.

Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Noivern
Charizard
Sceptile
Bulbasaur
Infernape
Torterra
Muk
Tauros
Snorlax
Heracross
Noctowl
Donphan
Swellow
Glalie
Staraptor
Gliscor
Krookodile

Puruzi

Banned
Ash is a monster this series. I really hope he wins. Gotta bring back that Goodra yo, would 100% stomp with it.

As someone who started watching Pokemon again (haven't watched since late 90s early 2000s) XY is good. Can't wait to start Z once me and the kids are caught up.

Red Devil

There's a lot of variations on what pokemons would make a dream team for Ash. These are the most notable.

Mega Charizard Z though...

He should bring in Squirtle. If he took down a Machamp with a single Bubble, he could handle a Zard X.

Doesn't matter he isn't bringing back any of them, the ways things are set
the battle between Ash and Alain will be centered on their aces Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard X, considering the following Alain was the main character of the Mega Evolution Specials yet until recently he wasn't seen using another pokémon other than Charizard(a Metang which apparently evolved), so I'm dubious we'll even see all his other pokémon in action just being shown in the stadium's board

If he won the league then he would fight the elite 4? No ways is he beating them.

He already gave the champion a run for her money...

Stage On

If he won the league then he would fight the elite 4? No ways is he beating them.

If he called in his reserves he certainty could. He already nearly beat the champion in a 1 on 1 match and only lost because his syncro with Greninja was still unstable causing him to faint.

I don't get why they don't just let him win. It's not like the show has to end if he becomes pokemon champion. He could defend the title, there could still be drama and personal conflicts to make stuff interesting. Winning once doesn't make you "the best there ever was" if someone else wins next year.

Red Devil

I don't get why they don't just let him win. It's not like the show has to end if he becomes pokemon champion. He could defend the title, there could still be drama and personal conflicts to make stuff interesting. Winning once doesn't make you "the best there ever was" if someone else wins next year.

Yeah or center in another character and start the circle again, heh.

Diantha couldn't even be assed to use a damn hyper voice, Greninja is dark, even moonblast >>> Shadowball.

Diantha was battling like one of the dumbass kids you see in the pokemon trainer school.

Red Devil

Diantha couldn't even be assed to use a damn hyper voice, Greninja is dark, even moonblast >>> Shadowball.

Diantha was battling like one of the dumbass kids you see in the pokemon trainer school.

It has yet to be confirmed, but
it's often theorized that Ash's Greninja has protean

So Ash can "fuse" with a Pokemon, a girl is upfront about letting him get some and the streets claim he can finally win the big one?

On one end his history of catching L after L for "reasons" speaks for itself.

On the other hand, maybe it might be the time.

I'm currently catching up on XY via Netflix and it's really good.
I prefer the subbed version, since the dub changes a ton of the music. Though I do wish the subbers would translate pokemon names to the English version. I don't care about changing Satoshi to ash or other characters, but hearing them use the Japanese pokemon names can be weird

Zyrox

Ash will win the league. And beat the Elite 4.
Only to discover that the champion was already beaten and the new champion is none other than Tobias: Remastered. He now has Zygarde complete, Primal Groudon and Mega Darkrai. GG

Uh the original company who did the previous leagues went bankrupt. This new company is likely giving Ash the league win. Unless Zygrade 100% appears and ruins everything!

Puruzi

Banned
Ash will win the league. And beat the Elite 4.
Only to discover that the champion was already beaten and the new champion is none other than Tobias: Remastered. He now has Zygarde complete, Primal Groudon and Mega Darkrai. GG

I would cry.

And then let's see if Serena goes with him to Aloha - since her entire reason for traveling is to be with Ash.

pokemon_sun_and_moon___female_trainer_sketch_by_genzoman-da281j3.jpg

This girl might have something to say about that...

So why does zygarde transform into a dog? Is it related to its back story ?

10% form. It's going to be in sun and moon too. Basically there are zygarde cores (These essentially act as the brain of Zygarde) and cells. When a core utilizes 10% of the cells, it goes into dog form. 50% is the snake form from X and Y games, and the complete form uses 100% of the cells (and presumably all the cores, though this might not be the case in the anime)

ZeroX03

Banned
Just have him win the league and then get decimated by the Elite Four. Then we can have another 20 years of him slowly getting slightly further through each region's respective E4 each time. He'll doesnt actually to beat the champion until Gen 11.

Reminder that last time Ash lost to someone so dumb and incompetent that they brought 5 Pokemon to a 6-'Mon battle and basically threw away two of their mons in bad type matchups, solely because said motherfucker had a bullshit mid-match evolution to the franchises second-most over-shilled 'Mon.

It's not happening. It's never happening.

Also, Boomerang are playing the Johto League Ash vs Gary battle right now. Fuck, that should have been the end of the series right there, as the final championship battle, not a fucking measly Top 16 match.

That's way too sexy to be in the show. Like BW girl

I'm sure someone
who's a lot creepier than I
can point you to all the time the anime got risque...

Gengahrrr

Reminder that last time Ash lost to someone so dumb and incompetent that they brought 5 Pokemon to a 6-'Mon battle and basically threw away two of their mons in bad type matchups, solely because said motherfucker had a bullshit mid-match evolution to the franchises second-most over-shilled 'Mon.

It's not happening. It's never happening.

Unfortunately just the cherry on top of the shit sundae that was Best Wishes. Not just a step back from DP, but a stumble off a cliff.

We already know Ash
will face Alain for the finals.
Their rivalry has been quickly built up as Ash vs Paul 2.0 and we know how that ended. Except, this time it won't be a poorly placed quarter final match.

SalvaPot

Mah boy goodra is coming back, I need him to kick ass and take names.

I'll be honest, I don't like Greninja that much, I'll be happy if he gets taken by the Ninja clan as their Jesus or something, so Ash has an excuse to leave him there and start from 0 on Alola.

SalvaPot

im just wondering what the use of this thread is when you have an OT to discuss the show in

The League Arc is the highlight of every Saga, and a lot of casual watchers don't bother with the series until it reaches the League. A new thread is necessary to generate interested and get new discussions from watchers and non-watchers alike, including you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom