• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

alstein

I think they're promoting in Europe next week. Maybe they thought they were close to release so didn't plan something? These things probably can't be set up quickly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Terareflection said:
I agree, could anyone get in contact with them, and see what they are planning to do for promotion?

Im sure they had a limited budget to work and they do what they can.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fersis said:
Im sure they had a limited budget to work and they do what they can.
Now I'm interested to know what you posted before the edit. ;p

No, Atlus dropped the ball, and HARD, by not having KOFXIII at Deva - free publicity opportunity, missed! It will be at SoCal Regionals, though, so at least there's that.

Mista Koo

8S7eX.png
q6NRi.png

Are they related?

Dambrosi said:
Now I'm interested to know what you posted before the edit. ;p

No, Atlus dropped the ball, and HARD, by not having KOFXIII at Deva - free publicity opportunity, missed! It will be at SoCal Regionals, though, so at least there's that.

Why would they want to promote their game to a bunch of Capcom ****suckers who treat any SNK product with contempt?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mista Koo said:
8S7eX.png
q6NRi.png

Are they related?
Nope. Its an homage to a card game called Uno.

lupinko said:
So you're saying it's instant like the arcade version?
I doubt it will be that fast. But a man can dream.

Apparently the PAL version has some nice extra contents:
(From Amazon)
71fwhYY6emL._AA1035_.jpg

Grokbu

lupinko said:
So you're saying it's instant like the arcade version?
Sorry I might be talking out of my ass, I don't even remember where I saw it, but wasn't there an event where the loading times between rounds were even faster than arcade?

Again, I might remember incorrectly. I was thinking that maybe someone else remember this?

alstein

Grokbu said:
Sorry I might be talking out of my ass, I don't even remember where I saw it, but wasn't there an event where the loading times between rounds were even faster than arcade?

Again, I might remember incorrectly. I was thinking that maybe someone else remember this?

The only event with fast loading so far was EVO on the PS3.
Maybe that's it?

I'm not worried about load times at all right now.

Fersis

patrickthehedgehog said:
PAX was zippy. Running on PS3.
Yeah so my english sucks what does zippy means? Fast? V__V!

Grokbu

Yeah I think PAX was it. Loading between rounds were about one second, if not less, longer and pre match was a couple seconds longer than arcade IIRC.

Theonik

Fersis said:
Nope. Its an homage to a card game called Uno.

Apparently the PAL version has some nice extra contents:
(From Amazon)
If you pre-order from ShopTo you also get the 4CD OST. Haven't seen it listed on Amazon.co.uk. Pre-ordered it from there.

Grokbu

Theonik said:
If you pre-order from ShopTo you also get the 4CD OST. Haven't seen it listed on Amazon.co.uk. Pre-ordered it from there.
Huh, thanks for pointing that out. While I do believe that Amazon will get it too (since it's part of RSG's preorder package and Amazon are a listed retailer on RSG's website), its nice to have a backup store.

EDIT: Hrm nevermind. I was pretty sure there was a link to amazon.co.uk on their website, but I can't find it now.

EDIT 2: Sigh. Didn't search good enough. The links are there.

Most interesting thing revealed there is that Billy/Saiki/Ash can suddenly appear to challenge you during arcade mode like Shingo and others in the past.

Fersis

Shinriji said:
Post the achivements list here, Fersis. Blocked at work.
Oh sorry here is a quick copy & paste
Let's see what you've got… 30 Clear STORY.
Do you understand now? 40 Complete STORY.
Show me what humans are made of 20 Perform 10 Target Actions (Arcade)
What's wrong? 30 Perform 300 Target Actions (Arcade)
Strength! 10 Hit 100 times using Special Moves (Arcade, Versus)
Spinning! 10 Hit 100 times using EX Special Moves (Arcade, Versus)
Yahoooo! 10 Hit 100 times using Super Special Moves (Arcade, Versus)
Yeeeeaaah! 10 Hit 100 times using EX Super Special Moves (Arcade, Versus)
Hey! 10 Hit 100 times using NEO MAX Super Special Moves (Arcade, Versus)
Yay! Perfect! 10 Perform 10 Perfect Victories (Arcade, Versus)
Hmph... this is only natural. 10 Get 10 straight wins (Arcade, Versus)
Play time is over! 10 Perform 50 Super Special Moves Finishes (Arcade, Versus)
And the final blow…! 20 Get 50 NEO MAX Super Special Moves Finishes (Arcade, Versus)
Come back later! 20 Perform 50 Drive Cancels (Arcade, Versus)
Mission Complete! 20 Perform 50 Super Cancels (Arcade, Versus)
Piece of cake! 20 Perform 50 HD Cancels (Arcade, Versus)
Heheh. Not bad. 10 Perform 50 MAX Cancels (Arcade, Versus)
Time will soon turn to ashes... 20 Get an S at the victory screen
After all, you're just trash. 30 Get an SS at the victory screen
You're not so bad! 10 Complete the tutorial
It's about time to start! 10 Register an icon, team and message in Customize
Here I come, buddy! 20 Create 10 characters in Customize
Hey, hey, hey! 20 Be challenged by "Billy" and win in ARCADE
Great 20 Be challenged by "Saiki" and win in ARCADE
You can't win against me! 20 Be challenged by "Ash" and win in ARCADE
How was it? 30 Clear ARCADE MODE without continuing
This is... my victory! 40 Clear ARCADE MODE on VERY HARD
Looks like I was just on time. 10 Clear Time Attack mode for the first time
You can't compare to me. 40 Clear Time Attack mode with 30 characters
I will execute my mission! 10 Defeat 3 characters in Survival mode
I'm enough for this job! 30 Defeat 35 characters in Survival mode
That should do it! 30 Complete all trials for 1 character in Trial mode
Yes! I'm the best! 50 Clear 200 trials in Trial mode (1)
Let's play warrior! 10 Create 10 rooms
Go easy on me! 10 Play your first [ranked match / player match]
Good! 20 Play 50 [ranked matches / player matches]
Hehe... hot, wasn't it? 30 Play 100 [ranked matches / player matches]
I shall not waver! 40 Play 300 [ranked matches / player matches]
Yeah! 10 Win your first [ranked match / player match]
This was just a greeting! 10 Win 5 [ranked matches / player matches]
Doesn't it feel good? 20 Win 25 [ranked matches / player matches]
Isn't this fun, eh? 30 Win 50 [ranked matches / player matches]
Excellent! 50 Win 100 [ranked matches / player matches]
Okay! 20 Get 2 consecutive wins in a ranked match
Number 1! 30 Get 5 consecutive wins in a ranked match (1)
Yeah! I did it! 40 Get 10 consecutive wins in a ranked match

Terareflection said:
This might be a foolish question, but who are those two characters in the "Win 5 ranked matches" achievement.
I cant quite see (Fersis am old) but it looks like Shroom and Rimelo¿? Maybe someone with better eyes can help us out.

Shinriji

Thanks, Fersis.

Looks like 300 matches, 200 combo trials, time trial with all 30 characters and 10 consecutive wins online will be hard/time consuming.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yes, this appears to be Shroom and Rimelo. Same image seen in better resolution on the iPhone achievements.

UPtHjlM=.jpg

But I like the Magaki:
-d-Pvw==.jpg
, Mukai
UPs4krQ=.jpg
, and Adel
-UY2cA==.jpg
ones personally.

Might not mean they're playable or anything (they even have one of Rose), but it's cool to see!

Fersis

SAB CA said:
Yes, this appears to be Shroom and Rimelo. Same image seen in better resolution on the iPhone achievements.

YAY! My eyes still work! :3

Mileena

Banned
patrickthehedgehog said:
PAX was zippy. Running on PS3.
Any videos of this?

Also KoF96 tomorrow on PSN and I kind of want just because I wanna play some KoF but I hate SNK's treatment of PSN with no 98UM or 2k2UM. So conflicted.

Fersis

_dementia said:
There must be some kind of mistake, I don't see one for spectating.
I have bad news for you ....

That's kinda awesome that one of those achievements
is based off Kyo's "Ore no, kachi da" win quote.

I kinda wish they'd show NESTS Kyo already. Original Iori is alright and all, but the new Iori has a cooler outfit and I like his moveset better, whereas classic Kyo I was never a fan of.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
InfiniDragon said:

I kinda wish they'd show NESTS Kyo already. Original Iori is alright and all, but the new Iori has a cooler outfit and I like his moveset better, whereas classic Kyo I was never a fan of.

That particular one is probably a sprite of NEST Kyo. Guess we know which victory pose he'll have! Which is great, as it IS one of his most memorable.

In some ways, I don't feel like XIII Kyo plays that much like Pre-rekka Kyo in classic games. His EX's give you totally new things to worry about (Command grab, Fancier mid-screen options), he doesn't really fireball spam at all because it barely makes any meter, and his extended combo potential + air Orochinagi give him nice new branches of combos.

Beyond wanting to see them because it's interesting, the only reason I'm really wondering about the EX's... is because they teased them all the way back at the JP loketest. You'd think they'd carry that momentum some, but I guess it's not been as long as we feel it has, lol.

Really hope Kyo and Mr. Karate have a move or 2 we don't expect of them. Such as NGBC Kyo's air explosion, or Mr. Karate having, say, Kushnoods Charge Punch and Kicks. Would be pretty great!

InfiniDragon said:

All of the achievements' names are pretty much a quote of the character in their pic =P

Also, personally I prefer "Hehe...hot, wasn't it?" To me that one's his most iconic.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:

It could have MAYBE not been DOA if they release spec mode a few months later, and had come out on the original date of Oct 25th. As is though, releasing in November after UMvC3, same day as Tekken Hybrid, and then after a jiggaton of AAA games, it is indeed sent to die.

There is no way it makes any business sense whatsoever to release it on Nov 22nd without spectator mode. Delay to February, and add in spec. mode = chance for success.

zlatko said:
It could have MAYBE not been DOA if they release spec mode a few months later, and had come out on the original date of Oct 25th. As is though, releasing in November after UMvC3, same day as Tekken Hybrid, and then after a jiggaton of AAA games, it is indeed sent to die.

There is no way it makes any business sense whatsoever to release it on Nov 22nd without spectator mode. Delay to February, and add in spec. mode = chance for success.
February would be worse. Likely cutting in to SFxTK territory.

alstein

SephirothRK said:
is the online only 1on1 or is there lobbies(if so, how much players per lobby)? I can understand no spectating if it's just 1on1.

It's just 1 on 1. Reason given was that it would improve the netcode (which is a legit reason in my eyes, and spectators do lag rooms)

alstein said:
It's just 1 on 1. Reason given was that it would improve the netcode (which is a legit reason in my eyes)

No it's not , BB awesome net code has lobbies.
SF4 with okay net code has lobbies .

I find it really hard that KOF is so special they can't have it like every other game.

Yeah, it can definitely be done. However, this being, well, SNK, I really don't think they should risk it, so if they think this will guarantee good netcode, I say that we should just let them be and hope for a patch later. After all, what use are lobbies if the netcode is shit anyways.

gundamkyoukai said:
No it's not , BB awesome net code has lobbies.
SF4 with okay net code has lobbies .

I find it really hard that KOF is so special they can't have it like every other game.

Eh, I would have loved for ASW to help out SNK like they helped out Examu; but SNK is going to have to reinvent the wheel since Japanese developers don't really have a shared solution for this as of yet. :(

In a perfect world ASW would just license their frame work for online play to every 2D game developer.

Doesn't matter I'm still super hyped for this game. Can't wait!

SolarKnight said:
Yeah, it can definitely be done. However, this being, well, SNK, I really don't think they should risk it, so if they think this will guarantee good netcode, I say that we should just let them be and hope for a patch later. After all, what use are lobbies if the netcode is shit anyways.

SNK put them self in a bad place.
Even if the net good some people are still not going to buy it without spec mode and lobbies.
They should have allow you the option to put it on or not .
I mean if i playing friends in that same country lag should be no problem i should have both spec and lobbies .
Now if i playing people from GAF and lag get to bad i could have taken it off.

haunts said:
this last page depresses me.

Well, a company on life support should not only have tons of extra stuff for their console game but also have a playable build at every event ever and a confirmed flawless online. They also shouldn't have delayed it a few weeks because games I weren't going to buy I now will.

This game is 10x the effort of KOF12. I think it deserves to sell, especially to anyone who'd call them selves a fighting game fan or ever root for the underdog.

Dambrosi

Banned
robut said:
Well, a company on life support should not only have tons of extra stuff for their console game but also have a playable build at every event ever and a confirmed flawless online. They also shouldn't have delayed it a few weeks because games I weren't going to buy I now will.

This game is 10x the effort of KOF12. I think it deserves to sell, especially to anyone who'd call them selves a fighting game fan or ever root for the underdog.
Agreed.

I'm considering prepaying for the PS3 version on Shopto. Can anyone vouch for them regarding delivery speed and debit card security? Thanks.

Top Bottom