• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Slamtastic said:
You got to play KoFXIII AND see Cammy sing?

Nice weekend for a fighting game fan.

Don't even tempt me into posting videos and pictures!

General Shank-a-snatch said:
A real friend would be happy for your sake and just sucked it up. :mad:

He couldn't look away from SFIV:AE. He loves his SF and that's fine! We settled on some Vampire Savior.

tearsofash said:
Is SNKP even going to E3?

I like KOF, but I think it needs a break. It used to try to be sort of a 'crossover' kind of game, but for several years it has taken on a life of its own with less emphasis on using various SNKP properties. We got neogeo battle coliseum but... yeah.

... A break of 3,5 years isn't enough for you?

tearsofash

... A break of 3,5 years isn't enough for you?

Did you even read the rest of the post, or did you stop right there? I meant more of a break in terms that SNK should make new properties to make it feel more like a crossover game like it used to be.

Oh, I read the rest. It's just that KOF has been always the most popular for them and if their main series is in trouble, they can't really afford creating new IPs besides those throwaway games for handhelds and phones. I remember one DS game being about suicide. Yeah.

TreIII

GrayFoxPL said:
Maybe they have nothing to leak?

MAXIMUM IMPACT 3 ALL OVER MY BUSTA WOLF!

Don't I wish. If not MI3, then I really wish that SNK was ready with a game in a similar vein (Garou: MOTW2?). They really could use something that could be cheaper to produce and be ready for the Western/console market faster.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shadow780 said:
I thought they're done with console business except legacy titles and will just focus on arcades and pachinkos in Japan?
Nope.

According to Frionel (A french player with friends in SNK) the console version has been in development since the Arcade was released.

GrayFoxPL

TreIII said:
Don't I wish. If not MI3, then I really wish that SNK was ready with a game in a similar vein (Garou: MOTW2?). They really could use something that could be cheaper to produce and be ready for the Western/console market faster.

Fatal Fury Maximum Impact?

They could've make MI as side story brand and MI everything. MI World Heroes, MI Samurai Shodown etc.

MI was fun screw the haters with maximum impact.

Fersis said:
Nope.

According to Frionel (A french player with friends in SNK) the console version has been in development since the Arcade was released.

You trust zee French?

;)

Souther

Banned
all they have to do is announce Yamazaki as 1 of a couple characters that will be added to the console version and this will automatically outshine any possible characters capcom could add to SSFIV.

Maaaaaybe Urien.

LowParry

Souther said:
all they have to do is announce Yamazaki as 1 of a couple characters that will be added to the console version and this will automatically outshine any possible characters capcom could add to SSFIV.

Maaaaaybe Urien.

Urien for SF vs Tekken?

TreIII

GrayFoxPL said:
Fatal Fury Maximum Impact?

With the way the MI series did more to return to an abridged version of the "Southtown" storyline as it was, it was practically this already.

But yeah, again, I could really go for another MI.

Shingin

Fersis said:
Fighting game tournament ReveleLAtions will have KOFXIII as a side tourney thanks to the dreamcancel.com folks.

11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 670-3093

Dates:
June 10th -12th (KOFXIII tourney Saturday June 11)

Dreamcancel post.
ReveLAtions website

This time we will be doing a direct feed capture rather than just me holding a webcam for hour.

BitchTits

tearsofash said:
Did you even read the rest of the post, or did you stop right there? I meant more of a break in terms that SNK should make new properties to make it feel more like a crossover game like it used to be.
We need a team of moe infant witches with boobs.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Are there any special tournament rules for XIII?
Just asked to the dreamcancel folks: Nope the Ratio system is not going to be used.
Pick any character you want.

As a reminder this is the current Ratio list:
  • 4 - K’, Raiden
  • 3 - Andy, Shen, Kyo, Iori, Kula, Elisabeth, Takuma
  • 2 - Leona, Ash, Benimaru, Yuri, Kim, Duolon, Chin
  • 1 - Goro, Terry, Kensou, Mature, Maxima, Joe, Robert, King, Hwa, Ralf
  • 0 - Mai, Athena, Clark, Ryo, Vice

Fersis

2cy4hfm.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
....?

Is that sad look for something we already KNOW, or something a source has told you?

You know a majority of the people in this thread won't take lightly to signs and images of heartbreak and worry! XD

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Dammit Ferisis, I just had a mild stroke

I thought it was canned or something

it...it's not canned, right?

Fersis

DrFunk said:
Dammit Ferisis, I just had a mild stroke

I thought it was canned or something

it...it's not canned, right?
Do you think i would post just a single image if KOF gets canned?
Dont worry KOFXIII is still in development.

TreIII

Ken Masters said:
why even show it at e3? KOF is niche of niche games, it would have got lost in all the game coverage at e3

It still would've been nice. SOME presence would have been better than nothing at all. After all, as it stands right now, it lost out at being able to be demo'd at EVO (which would have been prime time to try and capture some attention from the very hardcore fighting game demographic they're trying to market towards).

Honestly, how many other venues will there be that SNK could showcase their game, and win over those last few naysayers that need convincing after XII?

I mean, when even the likes of Skullgirls (which is even more niche than KOF) is doing some things right in order to try and help sell itself, it just makes one wonder why SNK can't do similar. Yes, I know they still are obliged to their arcade benefactors, but c'mon...

How come SNK doesn't get a cheap ass booth in that middle hall? I don't get them sometimes?

It's way past "staying loyal to arcade operators", their marketing team is something messed up (if they have one).

I want to play this damn game at home!

akilshohen said:
it would automatically be at the forefront for someones "best fighting game" at E3

and most people still wouldn't know/care about the game. The people who are going to buy this game are going to buy it no matter what trade show they show or don't show it at

Had a pretty awesome day today with quite a surprise.

The surprise was.

fc5053ae.jpg

King of Fighters XIII.

Apparently it's at the Galloping Ghost Arcade in the suburbs of Chicago. I had a lot of fun playing it even though I'm terrible. But after that I went back to the best fighting game out there.

4b4d3bc6.jpg

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

Fersis

Augemitbutter said:
you're just spoiled.
Thats what spooky streams does to you. He is too godlike.

TheAnswer is testing hardware and stuff like that. Is not an official streaming.
Dreamcancel will stream godlike KOFXIII at ReveLAtions.

In other news im starting to doubt about KOFXIII releasing this year. :(

Fersis said:
Thats what spooky streams does to you. He is too godlike.

TheAnswer is testing hardware and stuff like that. Is not an official streaming.
Dreamcancel will stream godlike KOFXIII at ReveLAtions.

In other news im starting to doubt about KOFXIII releasing this year. :(

You can't give up hope. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE! And when you run out of BELIEVING, you gotta BELIEVE EVEN HARDER!

Hell Duke Nukem Forever is coming out. KOF XIII has hope!

I played KOF13 back in January in Tokyo. Sorry I didn't post till now but was taking a net break. It's awesome. Why oh why can't SNK get it into my home already?! If I were living in Japan I wouldn't be bothered 'cos arcades everywhere. Sadly here in the UK Arcades are crap and there aren't any around any more (related perhaps UK arcade owners?). Anyway, even though I wasn't great at the game I still enjoyed the heck out of it. Got stuck on the Black Smoke spitting Boss though. Couldn't time my rolls right.

Fersis

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
You can't give up hope. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE! And when you run out of BELIEVING, you gotta BELIEVE EVEN HARDER!

Hell Duke Nukem Forever is coming out. KOF XIII has hope!
I know dood.
Im familiar with the SNK love cycle. :3
SNK fanboy til i die.

Top Bottom