• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Tizoc

This calls for a new thread, no this DEAMNDS a new thread.
I'd make it but I think you guys would do a better job than me ^_^;
...and please Atlus, please give us a proper translation ;.;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hahahahahaha
Suck it doubters !!!!

We made it through SAB CA !!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
Hahahahahaha
Suck it doubters !!!!

We made it through SAB CA !!!

MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Defiant_Ant.png

Is it strange that October... doesn't seem far away?
(until I mention it in words?)
It's like... I can wait! It's WORTH IT!

Your Love helped them survive! THANK YOU! :lol:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc said:
Atlus WILL deliver right? What games did they release that had online in them?
KOFXIII netcode is developed by SNKPlaymore according to Frionel (French KOF player with SNKP friends)
Better than SSFIV is what he said.

Tizoc

^Is the arcade online available/useable in Japan only though? Cuz I really don't want a netcode that they think 'if it's good for Japan, it's good for everybody else'.

Urban Scholar said:
Demon's Souls
OK I know about that but what about other games?
We should all e-mail Atlus and suggest they use GGPO...it might not be too late.

Fersis

Tizoc said:
^Is the arcade online available/useable in Japan only though? Cuz I really don't want a netcode that they think 'if it's good for Japan, it's good for everybody else'.

OK I know about that but what about other games?
We should all e-mail Atlus and suggest they use GGPO...it might not be too late.
The arcade has no online.
Too late to implement GGPO.

Tizoc

Souther said:
Just pre-ordered!

Man i hope we get some extra characters as well. I REALLY WANT Yamazaki in this game.
Put him in a team and sell that team as DLC; I wanna support SNK, and will gladly pay for DLC (though I might wait for price drop/special order).
If they provide more characters free of charge...I will *orz*.

Fersis said:
The arcade has no online.
Too late to implement GGPO.
So you're telling not to believe Fersis?

Tizoc

Fersis said:
Ha.
Just saying what we know so far.
Honestly any online is fine for me, but GGPO is a well known 'brand', and can bring in more players.
OH, gotta e-mail Atlus to show this game in EVO 2011, to get even more interested in it X3

Souther

Banned
Tizoc said:
Put him in a team and sell that team as DLC; I wanna support SNK, and will gladly pay for DLC.
If they provide more characters free of charge...I will *orz*.

Yeah I would have no problem with that. I'll buy whatever DLC comes out for this game. New characters/stages/whateva.

I know alot of people want Oswald in too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For the heck of it, here's the blurb off the Canadian Amazon Product description:

With a roster featuring over 30 hand-drawn and animated fighters, a number of detailed stages bursting with life, over a half dozen play modes, a refined fighting engine built for speed and complete with new moves and supers, a vastly improved Online mode, and a host of other additions, tweaks, and enhancements, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII represents a rebirth for one of gaming's longest tenured franchises and one of the most popular fighting brands ever.

With the triumphant return of fan favorite characters like K', Mai, and Vice, extensive refinement of the core fighting engine based on community feedback, and vastly improved network functionality, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII represents the HD entry in the series that fans have been waiting for.

Painstaking effort has been made to address every last concern following the last entry: fights play faster; the addition of over a half dozen play modes offers variety and replayability; the game's beautifully rendered and animated character sprites are better distinguished from the backgrounds-which happen to be richer and more detailed; the camera perspective is less restricted; fighters have more moves, including new supers and the all-new NEOMAX supers; and much, much more!

Well, we do get the idea that they're adding some offline elements, so sounds like we can expect something like challenge and survival. They seem to be very careful to stay ambiguous on the content at this point.

And here's the blurb from Siliconera, Via Ryo Mizufune, President of SNK Playmore:

"We view KOF XIII as an oppertunity to deliver a high definition KOF game that meets and exceeds fan expectations. We have worked very hard to listen to all of their concerns and suggestions, to incorporate all of their feedback and ideas, Ryo Mizufune, President of SNK Playmore said. "We are excited to work with Atlus to bring The King of Fighters XIII to North America."

Tizoc

Souther said:
Yeah I would have no problem with that. I'll buy whatever DLC comes out for this game. New characters/stages/whateva.

I know alot of people want Oswald in too.
Oswald would be sexaaay in this game.
...but it saddens me that my fav. Fatal Fury character may never appear in KoF-
honfusnap.gif

...but I'll never stop believing he will be >=3

Souther

Banned
Tizoc said:
honfusnap.gif

Haha we need him as well if not for the fact that he has beef with Yamazaki.

Tizoc

Souther said:
Haha we need him as well if not for the fact that he has beef with Yamazaki.
In Real Bout 2, his alt. color makes his flames coloured blue...that was awesome, plus he has the best command throw outside of a 360 I've ever seen in a fighting game...and his can also hit jumping opponents X3

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tizoc said:
honfusnap.gif

Before the image loaded... I was expecting... Tizoc. ^_^

I'm right there with you in wanting Hon Fu. Especiallly if he gets a remix of his Real Bout 2 theme. His Jackie Chan Comical-yet-effective style of fighting would be great to see in XIII-D (better than HD!). Stick him with B.Mary and Yamazaki, call them the Real Bout Team, and we're golden!

Tizoc

SAB CA said:
Before the image loaded... I was expecting... Tizoc. ^_^
There's a reason I use that as my nick, but he WAS my fav. character at one time...now Grant and HonFu have overtaken him.
I still use it though...for a reason...a dark reason.

I'm right there with you in wanting Hon Fu. Especiallly if he gets a remix of his Real Bout 2 theme. His Jackie Chan Comical-yet-effective style of fighting would be great to see in XIII-D (better than HD!). Stick him with B.Mary and Yamazaki, call them the Real Bout Team, and we're golden!
Nah son, Kevin+B. Mary+HonFu- Team Martial Law (get it? ;3)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tizoc said:
There's a reason I use that as my nick, but he WAS my fav. character at one time...now Grant and HonFu have overtaken him.
I still use it though...for a reason...a dark reason.

Nah son, Kevin+B. Mary+HonFu- Team Martial Law (get it? ;3)

:lol: Kevin and Ralf in the same game would probably cause the destruction of all the sacred treasures (thus causing Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru to permanently lose their powers...), or something to that effect. And the whole "Mary and Kevin share a last name, THEY MIGHT BE RELATED!" thing would be interesting...

Part of me would wanna see Franco Bash in there... because he'd actually have to be BIGGER than Ralf and Clark, and I barely understand how that'd even be possible. (Or Rick Stoud. Because he's awesome.)

This game could have DLC for the rest of the console generation, and I wouldn't complain in the slightest! -_-;

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
I approve:
picture

That lighting in the background is so.... wait... no one is looking at the lighting, eh? Yeah.

It's all fun in games until she triple Coup De Veine's ya into a Grand Rafale... occassionally leading to a reset, and then ANOTHER Grand Rafale...

Fersis

SAB CA said:
That lighting in the background is so.... wait... no one is looking at the lighting, eh? Yeah.

It's all fun in games until she triple Coup De Veine's ya into a Grand Rafale... occassionally leading to a reset, and then ANOTHER Grand Rafale...
Elisabeth being S Tier is the most real thing ever.
<3 Elisabeth <3

BTW do you know if Atlus posts on GAF?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Glad to see the game finally has a publisher.

Still skeptical about this, however. I still feel burned by XII and while I'm not worried about the game play, I am concerned about how the online play is going to turn out.

MrMephistoX

Finally a meaningful bump! Pre-ordered in less than 60 seconds. If someone bumps the VF5 Evo thread I'm still going to scream though unless its an announcement.

Top Bottom