• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Skilletor

KOFXIVTheme2_thumb.jpg

never changing themes again

HOW DO I GET THIS THEME?

Hehehe. I was wondering when SNK would show off Xanadu's terrifying mug under this new graphical change.

I'm no expert, but regardless on if these new visuals are indeed improved graphics or just lighting/shaders, it really does make a load of difference. It's looking damn good.
They've clearly improved the textures as well as considerably improved the shading.

Just the texture work alone makes Xanadu seem even more fucked up than he seemed before.

BadWolf

Ralf comparison.

Also, SNK has changed its site's URL, 'Playmore' has been removed from it.

On a side note, started Final Fantasy XV yesterday and the mechanic girl you meet in the beginning looks like an FF/high budget version of Alice.

BadWolf

We got a fancy new logo video clip too. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzBt6Raq4P8

It's included in a new SNK History section on the JP side of the new site. No English yet!
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/snk-history/

Love the new logo, one of the YT comments is on point:

It all began in '86.
Kept on rollin' in '91
The pieces were in place in '94
And it came to an end in 2001
But now it comes and here we go
SNK is here again
Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 2016

Here's hoping they translate the history page, they have been very good at translating to English so far.

Been ignoring him and Atma for a while now.

That new logo with chime is a thing of beauty. REALLY makes me excited for the future!

Also Ralf and Sylvie looking AMAZING with the new patch! Can't wait to see more characters!

people getting to excited for this patch. This patch is not gonna alter models in anyway so anyone expecting updated hair to andy for example which ive seen a lot of complaints for is not gonna be addressed. Give realistic expectations.

people getting to excited for this patch. This patch is not gonna alter models in anyway so anyone expecting updated hair to andy for example which ive seen a lot of complaints for is not gonna be addressed. Give realistic expectations.
The textures are definitely changed for all the characters that they've shown so far. It's not just better lighting/shading at play here.

Most obvious is Xanadu's comparison.

BadWolf

We aren't expecting miracles but the difference is like night and day so far.

Sayad

The single thing that annoyed me the most about the graphic was the lighting model, this change is beyond my wildest dreams already, models are fine outside zoom ins. I just need to see how much this would affect backgrounds, if at all.

Mr. X

Picked this up from Amazon.

What makes a character strong in 14? Examples so I can idea of what they feel and how it looks please.

Is Dreamcancel the go to forum for info?

Skab

So I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll just ask in here since I was trying to get on and play some KoF.

Has anyone ever had any trouble trying to reset their PSN password? Tried to do it and it just kept sending me the email, the link would work, but whenever I would reset the password and then try to long into it, it would tell me it was the wrong password.

(And now it's not sending me the email at all, so I assume I've locked myself out for a bit.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
How do I taunt?

Activate your MAX mode!

There's no taunt button. Your consolation prize is that characters have buttloads of special voiced victory lines they say to each other after matches. And to another extent, there's special Character VS character music that plays between certain matchups, for that round only.

Top Bottom