• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Case of Benedict Fox - Releasing Apr 27th (PC|Xbox|GamePass)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this the first time the release date has been announced? Game seemed interesting.

Yes, first time a release date was announced. And the video got pulled. I think it was supposed to go live in 3 days (says Feb 6th) but someone accidentally made it live today. It was a 15 minute developer commentary for the game play mechanics.

Fortunately people snapped the info up.

Last edited:

Handel

Day before Jedi Survivor kind of sucks but not like they could have known about the delay. Loved the look of this game at MS's showcase last year, so will prioritize beating it before starting up Jedi Survivor.

adamsapple

Day before Jedi Survivor kind of sucks but not like they could have known about the delay. Loved the look of this game at MS's showcase last year, so will prioritize beating it before starting up Jedi Survivor.

If its like Sommerville, should be a brisk 6~ hour experience.

ManaByte

A great Game Pass game every month?

episode 2 jedi GIF by Star Wars

adamsapple

Release date has now been announced officially.

Metroidvania meets Lovecraft in this side-scrolling spooky platformer. You’ll assume the role of Benedict Fox as he works to uncover his dead father’s secrets, accompanied by a friendly demon companion.

Scout around for clues that pertain to your father’s memories, and gain valuable insights to his life work as an inventor, scouring objects in detail. as you try to uncover his magnum opus. As you solve this mystery, Benedict will be plagued by spine-chilling foes, demons with a mission to stop you piecing this puzzle together.

Benedict has a number of skills at his disposal, including various melee attacks and a dangerous pistol to keep the monsters at bay. Once you’ve slain a few demons and collected their ink, be sure to visit the tattooist, where ink can be traded for new skills that’ll help Benedict take down even deadlier foes.

Xbox Wire: Why did you choose to join Game Pass, and what does it offer to you as a studio?

Bartek Lesiakowski, Creative Director at Plot Twist
: “Plot Twist isn’t the biggest studio in game devel opment, but we are ambitious. As any other developer out there, we wanted to share our stories and work with others. So going with Game Pass was a natural step for us. It’s incredible how supportive the Game Pass team always been, and the marketing support is just amazing.”

The Last Case of Benedict Fox
launches for Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One – available with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass – on April 27, 2023.

adamsapple

15 minute developer game play video:

edit: I don't know why they keep making it private.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Fight demons, solve puzzles, and more in the story trailer for The Last Case of Benedict Fox, a beautifully nightmarish game from 11 bit studios coming out on April 27, 2023 on PC and Xbox.

Duchess

Hoping this will make its way to PlayStation at some point. Maybe it's a timed Xbox exclusive? That would be fine with me.

samoilaaa

Did anyone try it?
yup , i played it for about 2 hours , its a metroidvenia game where you constantly go back and forth to unlock new paths/areas , the story is decent , gameplay is as good as it can be from a 2d game , i saw some people that dont like the layout of the buttons but i didnt find any problem with it

the biggest + of the game is the atmosphere , it has that cthulhu mystery/investigation feeling

Top Bottom