• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of us 2 Pre-Order hits #1 Across the Web

giphy.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
Theres almost zero competition for tlou 2 for the next 2 month

You already see that May game list posted by Ibiza and it looks crap

June are also the same

Theres no other big game to compete with tlou 2 in June so not surprising to see it topped the chart

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
It’s gonna be number 1 in sales and preorders and all that in the same way that Rise of Skywalker was #1 box office. The backlash will come later.

maybe

probably not who really cares lol

Yep. I stopped needing validation for things I like/dislike ages ago. I enjoyed all the new Star Wars movies to varying degrees, including Rise of Skywalker. It has flaws for sure, but I’m just looking to shut my brain off and be entertained with movies, shows and games.

I couldn’t give a Coronavirus filled shit about artistic merit or critical reception. If something entertained me I’m good. My opinion, and how I come to it, is no more or less valid than anyone else’s and I stopped arguing about subjective things online years ago.

Sw0pDiller

Why would it tank? Because like 100 people go online and rant about the story that does not fit their vision? And try to downplay everything that's naughty dog/ sony? (Like they don't have a agenda) Millions of gamer thoroughly enjoyed the first game and are very much anticipating the next big PS4 exclusive.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
is this really an accomplishment? What is it competing with?

Just consider what's going on right now.

Gameplay footage has been leaked and people on Twitter and YouTube are talking about how much this game is going to suck and it's going to sell like shit and so on. They announce a new release date the next day and we see that it's topping the charts on Amzon. It's even ahead of Assassins Creed, and that game was announced this week. In my opinion, that's really impressive.

And you have this from September 2019.

We don't know how many people canceled their pre-orders, everything seems to be going very well right now.

Doom85

This dumbass should be a banned source. He deals in speculation, not facts. He's just a YouTuber who reads Era for info and makes vids on it.

Oooookay, but GAF posts Youtube videos constantly that have nothing but speculation and conspiracy theories. Hardly anything new for this forum (and not just them to be fair, gamefaqs does it all the time too. And gets mad when we don't watch the videos, because heaven forbid some of us don't want out Recommendations messed up by watching generic clickbait stuff like that).

mortal

Gold Member
Was there ever any doubt?

A sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed and best selling games from last gen, also during a period where not many high profile titles are getting released.

A leak wasn't going to change that, regardless of how vocal some people might be lol

Matsuchezz

Awesome! I tried to grab the ELLIE EDITION but it is sold out everywhere. June 19th can’t come soon enough. I just finished FFVII and I am ready to play this. I am going to revisit left behind and the last of us remaster.

Jbomb19

Yep. I stopped needing validation for things I like/dislike ages ago. I enjoyed all the new Star Wars movies to varying degrees, including Rise of Skywalker. It has flaws for sure, but I’m just looking to shut my brain off and be entertained with movies, shows and games.

I couldn’t give a Coronavirus filled shit about artistic merit or critical reception. If something entertained me I’m good. My opinion, and how I come to it, is no more or less valid than anyone else’s and I stopped arguing about subjective things online years ago.

Using “I don’t give a Coronavirus filled shit” from now on. Thank you for that gift.

Skyr

Sure. Got my special edition locked in.

Saw the leaks and the main plot points.
Does it bother me? I mean I don't exactly love it.. but besides that I still expect a fantastic game and experience overall.

I like to have a laugh about some of the leaked plot points but overall I think the outrage is a bit overblown.

Temp0

Banned
Just consider what's going on right now.

Gameplay footage has been leaked and people on Twitter and YouTube are talking about how much this game is going to suck and it's going to sell like shit and so on. They announce a new release date the next day and we see that it's topping the charts on Amzon. It's even ahead of Assassins Creed, and that game was announced this week. In my opinion, that's really impressive.

And you have this from September 2019.

We don't know how many people canceled their pre-orders, everything seems to be going very well right now.

ALL PSN preorders have been cancelled. ALL of them. And this tweet was in September. Not much worth it now

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
ALL PSN preorders have been cancelled. ALL of them. And this tweet was in September. Not much worth it now
I just pointed out that this was from September 2019 and I'm aware of pre-order cancellations on PSN (not everyone has received theirs), but there are still physical copies and it's still topping the charts.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah it's 13 UK and 84 on us amazon
That's overall.

It peaked number 1 and number 4 earlier this week.

This is not 100% concrete info, but it may be doing well despite what's going on right now with all the leaks.

Top Bottom