• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Easter Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyr

I just saw the thread title and all I could think of was something like this

"There's only two of us left.
I'm scared.
I can hear the children laughing.
I wish I could bury my bright pink shell four feet into the ground...but I'm helpless.
They're coming..."

Overboost

This one's for Metal Slug fans: http://twitpic.com/cy4wj6

782929842.jpg
Woah! Where the hell in the game is this? I thought I was pretty damn thorough in my first playthrough. I guess not.

Joeki11a

Banned
Has nothing to do with past/future Naughty Dog games, but I was wondering if this was an Always Sunny reference?

PqHTlS4.jpg

For reference:
PaddysPub.PNG

I mean... I know it's kind of generic Irish Bar/Pub, but it immediately jumped out at me.

Lower your sharpness looks soo ugly

Izick

Ellie said:
Could a Fungus Start the Zombie Apocalypse?

The phrase, "zombie ants" trended on Yahoo yesterday, as a new study provided details on how the fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis controls its victims. For those unfamiliar with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, it is a fungus that propagates itself by infecting ants, filling the ant's brain with fungal cells, and then manipulating the ant's muscles so that it bites down on a leaf and doesn't let go until it dies. From here, the fungus can infect the leaf and therefore infect a new ant that eats the leaf. The fungus seems to use environmental cues to guide its infection of the ants, as the ants collectively bite down a leaves at noon, and die at sundown.

After learning of this study, the staff here at Burning Questions began to wonder if a fungus would be able to work similarly in humans, and thus cause the zombie apocalypse. Fungi that manipulate host behavior are found in other organisms, such as wasps, bees and crickets, and are thought to infect spiders as well.

However, my research has found that while this is certainly possible, the fungi would have to evolve over several thousand, maybe even millions of years. As the zombie apocalypse is imminent, it is likely that a virus will cause the zombie outbreak before a fungus ever gets a chance to. This is because of the fundamental differences in the way viruses and fungi work; multiply rapidly and have a high mutation rate, allowing them to evolve quickly. Fungi do not multiply as rapidly as viruses, meaning they do not evolve as rapidly, therefore they would be less likely to turn the human brain into mush before viruses can. It is likely that rabies will evolve to turn humans into carnivorous beasts before Ophiocordyceps unilateralis ever evolves to infect humans.

Asked by Ellie on May 11, 2011

Source: http://questionsaboutzombies.blogspot.nl/2011/05/could-fungus-start-zombie-apocalypse.html

The Last of Us was announced on December 10, 2011 at the Spike VGA's.

i-Lo

Some amazing (esp. Walking dead one) easter eggs here.

Curiously, has anyone found the "Damocles Rising" posters of any significance yet?

crashen

That announcement video looks like it takes place in the same room that the game's options screen shows, with that window and the blowing curtains and all.

Spoilerish thoughts:
And based on Ellie's voiceover, it sounds like Ellie and Joel are just surviving day to day now... Is it possible that video takes place after the events of the game? Or am I reading into things too much. Still it would be cool to think that the announcement trailer takes place after the actual game ends. It would explain why Ellie looks older there too. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom