• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (Naughty Dog): Hold One Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
jbUeT.png

Yeah, a PS3 Dev kit capable of rending movies at higher res. :p

Himself

NAUGHTY FUCKING GODZ!

I'm so happy to see a new IP coming from them this generation! Between this and MetalGearRisingReVengeance, two of my absolute favorite developers made me extremely happy.

That being said...I hope the emphasis is on survival and it simply isn't Uncharted 4: Drake's Zombies.

Can't believe you guys jumped to those dumbass conclusions before it was announced. Hope you enjoy that crow you'll be eating you negative Nancy's.

AngryMoth

It looked to good to be in game but not good enough to be cg, plus naughty dog doesn't do cg. I'm guessing it was in-engine but not realtime like the uncharted cutscenes.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I bet this was Sony's way to keep them happy. You make UC3 in 18 months and then you get to make a new IP.

This looks like it could be like Bioshock Infinite. You will have a partner character through the entirety of the game (coop?). You will work together to navigate the world and survive.

Just my ideas.

Why are people calling this "another zombie game"? Did you even pay attention to the trailer? They showed the girl getting excited because she found a few bullets in that guys pocket. It's pretty clearly not going to be about running through waves of zombies like L4D or Dead Rising. It seems like it's a legitimate survival game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
HOW IS IT PS4 WHEN IT SAYS PS3?

lol.

Come on guys, it wasn't real-time.

I CALLED IT (almost) BIIIIIIIICTHES!

I cant get hyped for this.

The game wont necessarily disappoint or exceed expectations. Rather it will probably fall somewhere in between.

Geoff is just feeding all this specualtion propelling the fires of hype.

Im calling it now. It will be a singleplayer zombie survival MMO where you are in a post-apocalyptic city a la New York and you are one of the last survivors. Your job will be trying to locate other players to work with. Much like Journey.

The theme of the game will be isolation.

You'll be able to traverse skyscrapers and seek refuge on roofs

There will be a daylight and night cycle, By day time the zombies are more timid and weak, by night they will be much more threatening and dangerous.

You will be able to loot various stores to gather supplies while you try to make way to an escape route out of the city.

There will be a max of 5 people tops per server. Each player will be scattered randomly across the city.

You can use your mic to call out for survivors... while putting yourself in danger of getting exposed to zombies.

Main story mission of the game will be to complete and create a fully detailed survivors guide to the zombie apocalypse.

Main game influences: Disaster Report, MAG, Left for Dead, Journey, Resident Evil, GTA, Fallout 3

Main movie influences: Walking Dead, I am Legend, Dawn of the dead

CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP

:p

"so we know people liked the zombie sections in uncharted.... SO WE MADE A WHOLE GAME OF IT"

but no really. this will probably be great.

Tymerend

If this was anyone but Naughty Dog, I'd have forgotten about it already. First glance looked rather generic.

But, eh, it's Naughty Dog, they've made a good game here or there, so consider me interested.

anddo0

I having a feeling this won't be just another zombie game. The trailer had more character than all other zombie games put together. IN ND WE TRUST!

Snipes424

Sweet ass trailer.. Cannot believe ND can make a game like Uncharted 3 and the Last of us at the same time, they are not fucking human.

Tuck

Trailer was good. The girl seems like a cool character. Great graphics as always.

But... zombies... ehh... can't say I'm very interested.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Looks interesting, but it wasn't worth all the hype IMO. looking forward to details. Game looks great, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom