• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us (Naughty Dog): Hold One Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony's best team and a Top 5 developer doesn't support move, which sony is desperately trying to push and sell. At least that ugly logo won't show up. If they could take out the "only on playstation" logo too then that would be great.

About as relevant as Gears and Halo not supporting Kinect

If i remember right ND said a while back that adding move support would take up power they don't have when ask about it for UC3.
Maybe it's the same thing here again unless i remember wrong .

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Good. Keep that ugly blue semicircle off my boxarts.

Resistance 3 style reversible boxarts should be the norm for Move games. I'd like to see more stuff support Move but if the devs don't think it'll work then I'm not going to argue with them.

arne

Personally I doubt it, Sony put pressure on ND to make realistic style games rather than the fantasy style they were known for with Crash & Jak. So TLOU definitely looks like another realistic & gritty IP demanded by Sony in my opinion rather than originating solely from the minds at ND.

there was nothing demanded by Sony here folks. Neil and Bruce (as they will say) mulled over a bunch of ideas and this is what they gravitated towards. it was our job to pitch to Sony, not them telling us what to do.

Okay, this is completely off topic, but I figured this thread would be good as any to find PS3 users. I have a quick question:

I have Skyrim. I have a Skyrim save on my system. I'm going to be leaving for my hometown for the next 3 weeks for Christmas. I'm staying with my brother. He has Skyrim and a PS3 as well.

So, is there any way to play my save on his machine? I know that it's possible to LOAD my save on another machine, but when I've done that in the past, it's never let me SAVED it (which defeats the purpose).

Is there anything I can do re: my PSN account or something to make this work? Cheers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
there was nothing demanded by Sony here folks. Neil and Bruce (as they will say) mulled over a bunch of ideas and this is what they gravitated towards. it was our job to pitch to Sony, not them telling us what to do.

Awesome to hear. This really seems like a more experimental pet project that you guys got the freedom to do because the success of Uncharted. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Okay, this is completely off topic, but I figured this thread would be good as any to find PS3 users. I have a quick question:

I have Skyrim. I have a Skyrim save on my system. I'm going to be leaving for my hometown for the next 3 weeks for Christmas. I'm staying with my brother. He has Skyrim and a PS3 as well.

So, is there any way to play my save on his machine? I know that it's possible to LOAD my save on another machine, but when I've done that in the past, it's never let me SAVED it (which defeats the purpose).

Is there anything I can do re: my PSN account or something to make this work? Cheers.

The only thing I can think of is get PS+, back up saves to the cloud, then log in to your account from his Ps3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, I think it's a little early for "Parent Company forced them to make a CGI trailer with amazing dialogue and great facial expressions".

It wasn't CG. It was in-engine. It even says at the beginning of the trailer that it was captured directly from a PS3.

It wasn't CG. It was in-engine. It even says at the beginning of the trailer that it was captured directly from a PS3.

Nah according to the theorists in this thread Sony locked the Naughty Dogs in a room and forced them to create a CG trailer of the most generic zombie uncharted clone that nobody would ever be interested in.

Its not a powerup it would be a way of eliminating their ability to track her. Realistically she'll have her period, she's a teen also with a day and night cycle (if there was one) days would pass it'd be odd for her not to have that occur. But by that same logic we'd also have to have our characters shit and piss so I will concede that it should not be in the game.

Am I the only person being disturbed by somebody making a case for tampon use in a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom