• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 has no shadows (Up: OPs eyes need checking)

.Pennywise

Banned
So I went to cousin's for family hangout of new years eve and he was playing TLOU 2. I've never minded the game at the time and just got there lost in my endless backlog.

So I've started playing some of the game and...
This game has no shadows? Like, really the game has some nice graphics and cool animations but it just looks really really flat. There's literally no shadows, maybe some soft shadows when there's a really hard light in the scene. Even outdoors.

Is this game like this? Or do we have some graphical error preventing from loading the shadows properly?

Topher

Gold Member
Yes it does

TiHLmRr.png

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So I went to cousin's for family hangout of new years eve and he was playing TLOU 2. I've never minded the game at the time and just got there lost in my endless backlog.

So I've started playing some of the game and...
This game has no shadows? Like, really the game has some nice graphics and cool animations but it just looks really really flat. There's literally no shadows, maybe some soft shadows when there's a really hard light in the scene. Even outdoors.

Is this game like this? Or do we have some graphical error preventing from loading the shadows properly?
75yqqs.jpg

proandrad

Saying something borderline incorrect, expressing it hyperbolically, and then railing on anyone who disagrees with your opinion.
Sounds like every The Last of Us part 2 thread. Being hyperbolically literally ruins every post on here.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll try and defend OP's weird post. Could it be that you cousin had fucked up the brightness or contrast settings either on the TV or the game itself?

Nah....not sure what you and the OP are seeing at all, frankly.
to be fair i get what Hendrick's Hendrick's is saying, i think...

some parts of the game do look flat. mostly it's during day time scenes. there are shadows of course but it could definitely do with improved Ambient Occlusion or Global Illumination.

it is a PS4 game though so it's to be expected. Maybe if we get a PS5 or PC port then i'd expect better AO and maybe even raytraced shadows/GI etc.

Top Bottom