• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I has gone gold

JLB

Banned
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

shaddam

Funny just platinumed on ps4 a few hours ago (after the ps3 version last week). I think the remaster holds up really well. I will buy part I, but not on full price. I hope they will release detailed comparisions

MiguelItUp

I find it amusing that they announced this going gold before Ragnarok since people are still freaking out about it.

I'm guessing we'll see gameplay very soon? I figured we'd see more combat and everything before this announcement happened. Kind of odd, lol.

Woggleman

I guess there is more of a demand than people think. I will see if I can get it for cheaper. My local grocery store has this promotion where you get twenty dollars off your groceries if you one hundred dollars worth of gift cards so I might just pick up a PS card and use it for that.

Lognor

Banned
Demand > supply

Wanna bet it'll be #1 everywhere anyway?

If you think it's too expensive, just wait for a promo. That's it.
Of course it will debut #1. There isn't much real competition in September. Maybe Splatoon 3, but I doubt it. The question to me is how long will it stay in the top 3-5? Not sure if tlou2 turned people off or if that was a vocal minority. And then will people see the value at $70?

I guess there is more of a demand than people think. I will see if I can get it for cheaper. My local grocery store has this promotion where you get twenty dollars off your groceries if you one hundred dollars worth of gift cards so I might just pick up a PS card and use it for that.
Why do you guess that? Based on twitter responses to ND's post? 10k likes in an hour and 1500+ retweets. Is this that big? I don't pay much attention to these social media metrics.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Will be the best looking game of all time and everyone will forget everything.

Yeah... and don't get me wrong, since so many are so concerned with this talking point, for some reason, I'd also like it to release at 50 bucks? Like, sure. I can always find something to do with an extra 20. And while we're at it, I also would like Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild to come down in price more consistently since they've been out for years, or I would have liked Switch to have had its price reduced before I bought it, etc. But those market forces can be stubborn like that, sometimes.

So at a minimum, we know that extra money is going to support people that have a track record of kicking ass with their products.
Which is pretty much always going to be OK by me.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Cash-grabbing going gold? Paying full price for remastered/patches now? 30 euro max is what I'd give for what they've done. Paying more is idiotic and I'm sure there are plenty of idiots here as well.
You have no idea what the game looks like. Or what theyve done. What a foolish post.

Avatar bet that TLOU: Part 1 ends up with better graphics than GOW Ragnarok.

Top Bottom