• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II announced

strafer

Man, I remember that TLOU reveal trailer like it was yesterday.

6484012041_de53004dd2_o.jpg

Nameless

Surprised at the amount of people who didn't realize TLOU is Ellie's story after playing the first game. The idea of a new cast barely crossed mind.

Part III will see her older, grizzled and war torn like Tess and Joel.

The wounds are fresh and in the trailer there was a bleeding and sweat on Ellie's forehead. So, Joel couldn't be there long after the fight, because the wounds wouldn't be fresh and there wouldn't be bleeding and sweat. However, if he was there, why didn't he help? I'm going to assume Joel's a hallunication, like someone else said.

Well its clear that when Ellie sat down with her shaking hand at the beginning of the trailer literally moments after killing all those people, that's why she is still shaking from it.

Joel walking up afterwords is indeed strange, and I think lends a bit of credence to the idea that he may be dead. As he just sort of strolls up and isn't like running to see if she is ok. He seems awfully calm through the whole thing.

But then again its possible that he was somewhere else maybe killing other people?

The wounds are fresh and in the trailer there was a bleeding and sweat on Ellie's forehead. So, Joel couldn't be there long after the fight, because the wounds wouldn't be fresh and there wouldn't be bleeding and sweat. However, if he was there, why didn't he help? I'm going to assume Joel's a hallunication, like someone else said.

There are other houses in the camp. For all we know, he was taking care of the rest of the camp and arrived to meet back up with Ellie.Years on, I'm pretty sure he's confident she can handle herself very much like ala Tess.

strafer

I hope they dont have that much combat...that was my least favorite part in the first game, even though they were intense as hell.

I wanna explore.

Dominator

Everyone thinks Joel is dead or is gonna die...

That's too easy. Ellie is gonna bite the dust and Joel'a gonna go on a rampage at the end to avenge her, also dying in the process.

Albo

I always thought there was a lot of potential to expand in interesting ways with their story, and not surprising they are featured given their popularity and people's attachment to them.

Surprised at the amount of people who didn't realize TLOU is Ellie's story after playing the first game. The idea of a new cast barely crossed mind.

Yeah, every piece of content released for TLoU tells a piece of Ellie's story. American Dreams, Left Behind and TLoU are all about her.

SDCowboy

That's too easy. Ellie is gonna bite the dust and Joel'a gonna go on a rampage at the end to avenge her, also dying in the process.

I don't see any reasonable way he's already dead. Been done too many times. My guess is Ellie ran off for whatever reason, and then as Joel, we have to track her down to this house.

TripOpt55

I've debated a lot on what I'd want from a sequel since I finished the first game. Flip-flopped back and forth a bit. Sounds like the devs did too. I trust they will take things in the best possible direction. I loved the trailer. I'd be happy if we mostly play as Ellie which is how I assume it will be.

alexbull_uk

I'm hoping they basically do the reverse of the first game
so you play ~90% as Ellie and the rest as Joel

No idea if that actually needs spoilering, but there's got to be someone out there that hasn't played it yet.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Looks amazing, I am so fucking ready for it. Witcher III and TLoU are the only games I've ever given 10/10. Hopefully it'll run well on PS4.

kaskade

That would be way more impactful for sure. First thing I thought in the trailer, Joel is going to die in this one for sure.

Either way I can't wait.

SirNinja

The future uncertainty made the ending.

This inherently destroys that.

No, not necessarily - and almost certainly not in this case. This is a fairly distant sequel, and plenty of things about what happened in the interim will probably be left unanswered. You can still have a sequel that not only preserves the spirit of the original's ending, but explores it in depth. Like it or not, this is going to do just that.

This can't be ingame graphics, right? I mean it looks like CG.

Uncharted-4_drake-surprised_1434429077.jpg

It's an in-game cinematic likely. Very much ala Uncharted 4 where much higher quality character models, lighting, etc. are used. In-game won't be quite as impressive but its not like Uncharted 4 was a slouch visually when it transitioned.:)

Top Bottom