• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II announced

sphinx

the piano man
Should have gone with new characters but consumer recognition and marketing demands we keep the old guard.

if I had to bet, Ellie and Joel will surely
die like most of the cast in the 1st game

other guesses:

.- Bill
will still be around, and make an appearance that mofo can take care of himself.

.- Tommy
and co all dead attacked by hunters.

EDIT:

but I mostly expect a fresh new cast, that's just how the world of TLOU works

RootCause

I love when people who are worse storytellers than Neil Druckmann's shits call the entire paper-thin story based on a trailer with two lines of dialogue.

Please accept that you have no idea what's going to happen, and you couldn't possibly come up with something as good. Relax and enjoy the experience when it comes.

QFT
Its beyond silly.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
There's a lot of salt in this thread.

Give it to me ND, take me on another whirlwind adventure of emotions.

twuc8ijebczyye1mliiv.gif
Came to see if this got posted. Thank you.

The only game in which I feel like I have a strong connection with the characters...I'm crying 😭😭😭😭

Ellie, my ride or die is alive..all grown up...my sis is all grown up...I'm jusT...

...Sony ..ND....I hate y'all for real...I hate y'all for this

[url]http://67.media.tumblr.com/3804d46e38f7a69343f7a089e0d75c40/tumblr_inline_obgsuvOdWd1r23ns4_500.gif[/url][img][/QUOTE]

Had to be a person with a Symmetra avatar. Typical.

Toni

Woah. Wonder why they dropped the megaton now instead of E3.

The Last Of Us was first announced at the Video Game Awards, on December, in 2012. If anything, they are following tradition.

Although whats different this time around, is that this is very early in development, as Shawn Layden said.

A 2018 release at most.

BroBot

The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Shenmue III, FFVII Remake, Crash Bandicoot, and Knack. Wow PS4 may be one of the greatest consoles in history by the end of 2018.

giphy.gif

Can't wait for a 30 minute video analysis on Ellie's tattoos.

Inevitable, but great to see nonetheless.

The game didn't need a sequel imho, and they've set a damn high bar for themselves over at ND, but if they have more stories to tell with these characters I'm totally along for the ride.

Samimista

I was really hoping for a new story with new characters but, after seeing Joel and Ellie once again I can't help but be massively excited. Like being reunited with a couple of old friends I was just beaming when Ellie started singing. I really do trust Naughty Dog not to fuck this up. Truthfully I was a bit emotional at the end.

Same. <3

I'm ready to go on another adventure with Joel and Ellie.

RedAssedApe

Banned
TLOU absolutely didn't need a sequel. Time to milk the franchise I guess.

Just think of it as one game split into two. Like what they are doing with some movies. Maybe it'll make you feel better Heh

I personally thought the ending was perfect and didn't need a sequel. But I'm fucking on the hype train right now.

The negative stuff in here about Ellie and Joel baffles me, when I finished the game I constantly thought what happens now, there was no oh my god such a happy or good ending shit in such an awful world, I kept thinking how long till the next adventure, so many unanswered questions and I'm glad I can finally take part in the next adventure.

psyfi

Banned
There's too much cum coming out of me too fast.
hmm great, that's just great

The negative stuff in here about Ellie and Joel baffles me, when I finished the game I constantly thought what happens now, there was no oh my god such a happy or good ending shit in such an awful world, I kept thinking how long till the next adventure, so many unanswered questions and I'm glad I can finally take part in the next adventure.
I didn't feel that way after finishing the first game, but I definitely feel that way now. But I'm less excited about the new "adventure" per se, and more curious about how the characters will grow.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to have seen anything on this game. So excited to delve into it whenever it releases.

Lol at the people upset at the characters returning. I'm so happy I don't feel the way you do. :p

It's not that they're not brave. Its that killing someone off is literally so predictable that even before we know anything about this game people are already predicting it.

It's boring.

Yes at this point killing people off is more safe than letting them live .
For me what type of story is most important so that should decide how things go .

Yeah, a lot of people are quick to judge the choice of having the same characters back, but not a single person is actually giving a reason why it's not a good idea lol

theWB27

Actually TLoU 1, you know, the game I'm talking about, is out. You can play it right now. Its really good, you'd probably like it.

Played it and liked it.

Sick crystal ball bro, let me get a chance with it next.

You're still wrong, by the way. Some stories don't need continuing and some are hurt by it - this was one of them. If you think that "time has passed so not everything is explained" in any way addresses concerns you've completely misunderstood.

Should have gone with new characters but consumer recognition and marketing demands we keep the old guard.

This is definitely you using that crystal in order to say, without a doubt, this game will be less than the first because of some fantasy that the first game was so perfect there was no need nor any way there could be a great story with the same characters.

Off of one trailer...you've foretold part 2 will be less than one.

Rozart

I remember too,but with all my attentions on GTA V back in 2013,I only played the Last of Us in November,only because the season awards was coming and I read a lot of people saying it was game of the year,I remember thinking "come on,can't be better than GTAV" so I bought and I was totally wrong,is my Game of all Time.

Yeap! I love it when a game manages to overturn my expectaions. Now, I'm just trusting ND to do their thing that they keep doing again.

Another game in the TLOU universe I'd be totally for, but using these characters again doesn't sit right with me
Agreed. It's lazy work using the same characters, characters who had their ending. It's Uncharted 4 all over again. An unnecessary sequel to characters that had their ending in the game before, just to make a quick buck.

Top Bottom