• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Replicant

Yeah, Amazon are super weird like that, it can change day to day also, so it doesn't hurt to keep checking back, but at this moment, The Last of Us Remastered isn't available for international shoppers (at least Australia).

Y'know what's funny (NOT!), when the pre-order first opened, The Witcher 3: Collector's Edition wasn't available for overseas buyers. But now they do! Of course I saw the email message 3 hours too late and they're all gone by the time I got there. FFS, Amazon!

stryke

All DLC has been released for PS3, the last one being 'Reclaimed Territories' and I'm pretty sure it's included in the PS4 release.

Reclaimed Territories is the last DLC that comes part of the season pass. I'm not sure whether it is the last DLC for TLOU overall.

Also some of the DLC weapons and skills are not included in the Remastered edition.

mindsale

Reclaimed Territories is the last DLC that comes part of the season pass. I'm not sure whether it is the last DLC for TLOU overall.

Also some of the DLC weapons and skills are not included in the Remastered edition.

Having bought the game and the season pass on PS3, I have no problem buying the game again (already have paid for it in full) if it is a GotY release and contains all DLC. If it doesn't, I really hope there's some consideration made for the Season Pass tied to my PSN account. I don't want to have to spend more money to have the same content as I have on PS3.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Does anyone remember: how long is the intro to this game? Like right up until
Joel's daughter dies?
? I want to play the intro with the wifey... I think it'll really grab her.

I'm also torn between Retail and PSN.. hrmmm

Loomba

Someone on Reddit suggest that playing the uncensored US version as your EU account may cause it to be censored. Can anyone confirm if this is possible? It would defeat the entire purpose of buying it on the US account for uncensored goodness.

Did he have a source for this? If this is true that blows big time.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Joel's daughter dies?

Around 20 - 30 min if you play it in a "cinematic" way

stryke

Having bought the game and the season pass on PS3, I have no problem buying the game again (already have paid for it in full) if it is a GotY release and contains all DLC. If it doesn't, I really hope there's some consideration made for the Season Pass tied to my PSN account. I don't want to have to spend more money to have the same content as I have on PS3.

This is from their E3 blog post:

Eric Monacelli said:
We recently announced that it’ll be a level playing field in Factions mode as player progress from The Last of Us PS3 multiplayer will not carry over to the PS4 version. However PS3 players will be getting a supply bonus to give their progression a boost. We can now also say that all current DLC content – head items, weapons, and survival skills – that you have purchased for PS3 will be available for you in the PS4 version. So check out the latest DLC if you haven’t yet.

Åesop;118880420 said:
Around 20 - 30 min if you play it in a "cinematic" way

Yeah I envy the people playing this for the first time.

The enveloping atmosphere (SPOILER)
when you wake up from bed and wander the house is so intense. The tone it sets for this game. fuck.

WITHE1982

Well folks I'm officially trading in my PS3 version of TLOU today while it has any sort of value ahead of the remastered version. What a year it has been. I still have my pre-order slip and receipt in the retail box.

I still play the multiplayer but wanted to give it a month break so it feels a bit fresher come July 29th. Don't let me down ND. I want nothing less than perfection.

Debating on switching my Destiny preorder for this. I already played and finished TLOU on PS3 but it's one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't do the DLC either. Hm.

kyser73

I remember being freaked out, but I turned the generator on and ran straight to the exit without ever seeing a single infected or the bloater that everyone keeps rambling on about. I only happened to know where the exit was because I had explored ahead of myself and found the blinking red light by the door, fully knowing that would be where I needed to go when I found the generator.

Strategy? No.

Just ran like hell.

My Brother In Law was watching me play the game, and was upset when I played through the part of the game.

"What the hell, where was the big guy. I saw him when I watched PewDiePie play the game, I wanted to see him scare you!"

I knew my way around the hotel because it took me like an hour to find the generator, so I just naturally turned it on and instantly ran to the door and opened it because I spent an hour there, didn't see the Bloater, and didn't know there was supposed to be one.

Huh.

rlFuUbGx8g7oQ

Radec

Debating on switching my Destiny preorder for this. I already played and finished TLOU on PS3 but it's one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't do the DLC either. Hm.

Destiny is too far away.

Save $10 a week and you'll get the cash for Destiny too.

bitoriginal

Joel's daughter dies?

It's 15 mins. Watched it with my girlfriend on youtube yesterday.

If it wasn't included in the season pass that's fine but if its content I already paid for once isn't included in the game I'm rebuying that's a problem. Does anyone know what specifically won't be there.

On a more positive note I think the multiplayer for the PS4 version will be even better so when are we starting a thread for that?

Ramrock

Banned
Well the alpha wqs legit amazing. I already finished this game twice, alyhough I cannot wait for the remaster id rather get Destiny.
I finished TLOU 5 times and played the Destiny BETA. Destiny is nice, but TLOU is the priority No. 1, because it's one of the best games ever made.
So I would say you should get the TLOU Remaster first. Especially if you haven't played the DLC Left Behind. Go for it, esmith08734

I finished TLOU 5 times and played the Destiny BETA. Destiny is nice, but TLOU is the priority No. 1, because it's one of the best games ever made.
So I would say you should get the TLOU Remaster first. Especially if you haven't played the DLC Left Behind. Go for it, esmith08734
Are you from the future?

If it wasn't included in the season pass that's fine but if content I already paid for once isn't included in the game I'm rebuying that's a problem. Does anyone know what specifically won't be there.

On a more positive note I think the multiplayer for the PS4 version will be even better so when are we starting a thread for that?

All weapons and content you purchased on PS3 will be there for you on the PS4 version. All DLC is included with the PS4 version too.

ValfarHL

So, uh, this might be a little off topic but:
I am EU based. If I buy this from my US account, can I play it with my EU account, and will the achievements be registered on the EU account?

Will I be able to play MP on EU servers?

Why am I soo hyped for a game I already finished? :p

Kyoufu

So, uh, this might be a little off topic but:
I am EU based. If I buy this from my US account, can I play it with my EU account, and will the achievements be registered on the EU account?

Will I be able to play MP on EU servers?

Why am I soo hyped for a game I already finished? :p

Yes to all of your questions.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've noticed on the US Store you can pay with paypal - has anyone ever tried paying with a UK Paypal account and see if that clears?
I never tried it specifically with the US PSN, but the regular SEN account system checks the Paypal region.

I haven't tried to investigate this further and trying to change my Paypal region because just buying codes on amazon.com is so easy.

As some who plays the MP a lot I'm very excited about how that's going to turn out - there is no major competition on PS4 for a third person MP so I really hope the game does well. u

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what kind of people I will meet in the multiplayer before the official release date ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . Hopefully some devs

Edit: in before - yes,
GAF Gold Members
get the game very early
( ° ͜ʖ °)

If it wasn't included in the season pass that's fine but if its content I already paid for once isn't included in the game I'm rebuying that's a problem. Does anyone know what specifically won't be there.

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong but you WILL get everything the Season pass had to offer:

Playstation Blog said:

Sande

Are you from the future?
I think what he meant is that no matter how you twist it, that wasn't an alpha. It's so close to release and being finished. They just basically called the first stage of public beta an alpha.

OT: I'll probably trade in Battlefield 4 for this. I thought I could wait until it's cheap but I'm not sure anymore.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
OT: I'll probably trade in Battlefield 4 for this. I thought I could wait until it's cheap but I'm not sure anymore.

Would love to do that, but I was dumb enough to buy BF4 digital premium edition.. Watch Doge did the trick for me though. 35€ coupon :3

Pre-ordered this off the US PSN this morning, really looking forward to experiencing this again in superior resolution and framerate ;)

was my GOTY last year, multi was fantastic fun too.

Jigolo

I have $52 on PSN but I want to own the box.

I'm so torn D:

If there's a steelbook in the US I wouldn't be so indecisive. Please do it, ND.

mitchman

Gold Member
May be obvious but don't forget you have to buy the DLC from the same store region you bought the main game from.

Isn't all the DLC included with the PS4 version?

I've noticed on the US Store you can pay with paypal - has anyone ever tried paying with a UK Paypal account and see if that clears?

Won't work as PSN checks the country of the credit card using with paypal and/or the address.
Register a credit card on amazon.com with a US shipping address (just find some random hotel's address). Use that card to buy a PSN card. Redeem the card on the US store. Buy from the US store. Done.

Andrew.

Banned
I have $52 on PSN but I want to own the box.

I'm so torn D:

If there's a steelbook in the US I wouldn't be so indecisive. Please do it, ND.

If you really want one, start scouring eBay or local GameStops where some fool traded it in steelbook and all. Ask the clerk for the steelbook straight up or offer a few bucks. If they dont have a stick up their ass, they will usually part with them.

There you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-of-Us-Sony-Playstation-3-2013-with-steel-case-and-stickers-/251573471646?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a92f2899e#ht_25wt_1362

40 bucks. Damn.

It won't clear, it will stay on 'Pending' for weeks on end on the SEN site, but when you check your Paypal transactions you will see it was cancelled straight away.

Top Bottom