• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

This news makes the likelihood of an Uncharted Trilogy on PS4 seem likely to me. They've already ported over the engine, so it should make those Naughty Dog ports even easier.

StuBurns

Banned
PS3 ports & paid demos. What a console.

url

Nekofrog

Banned
The atrocious PS3 framerate made me stop playing the game. If this isn't a guaranteed 60fps rock solid release, I won't be trying it again.

Dunlop

Great game, but charging $60 even with the DLC is brutal

The costs of development have been recouped and then some during the initial release, a small team was probably needed for this upgrade.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If they have some sort of upgrade program ala the launch games I may do it, otherwise I'll wait and see if this drops in price as fast as Tomb Raider Definitive did.

They are handling this so bad. Glad they finally confirmed it though
Pretty sure their carefully crafted marketing plan got shot to hell and back with all the leaks.

Can't say that I really like the box art. Feels like a marketing focus test said "Ellie is allright on the cover, but let's give her gun aswell to be safe"

anddo0

The atrocious PS3 framerate made me stop playing the game. If this isn't a guaranteed 60fps rock solid release, I won't be trying it again.

People keep saying this.. The PS3 version ran fine. Sure it could've ran better, but it's not like it was plagued with framerate issues rendering it unplayable.

I love The Last of Us, but I really don't see much here to justify another full-price purchase less than a year after the original release. Should be an amazing experience for first-timers though.

VanWinkle

This news makes the likelihood of an Uncharted Trilogy on PS4 seem likely to me. They've already ported over the engine, so it should make those Naughty Dog ports even easier.

Yeah, I would definitely pay $60 for the Uncharted trilogy on PS4. I wouldn't mind playing all of those again at all with greatly improved visuals.

The only reason I didn't buy it on the PS3 was because of that thread I saw on here about it killing older PS3s, so I'm pretty happy I waited!

My PS3 died anyways, I have great luck

While I was interested in the Worst Kept Secret Edition, $60 is a little much for me. Forty bones and you may convince me to double dip.

daveo42

Banned
No mention of a release date makes me think it'll be a late fall or winter release. Game doesn't need to be 60fps, but it has to at least have a rock solid and locked 30fps. No excuses.

Sean

Banned
I'll probably double dip, sold my PS3 before the Left Behind DLC came out.

$60 is kind of steep though for what sounds like minor improvements. The description doesn't mention 60fps or improved textures etc. Will be interesting to see how much effort went into this.

iMax

Really wish I hadn't looked up the ending on YouTube now. Hope it doesn't alter my first-play experience too much :/

Top Bottom