• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol im off to sleep , ot should be up after 5 / 6 hrs after i wake up , i seriously had no strength @ 4 :30 am to complete , gathered all the stuff together.

Got trolled bigtime by my stupidity lol

97% done? can't you just put it up, I mean the 3% will hardly make THAT big a difference.

Lucent

7102_10201394004034997_893636886_n.jpg

I fixed it. I didn't noticed one of his pockets was filled in/messed up in a way I didn't want. lol.

And holy crap what's going on in here now?

Phreak47

I'm feeling itchy and there's this crazy vein starting to pop out under my right eye.

Wait what?

Okay, for some reason I need to go chase my neighbor.

BRB

malfcn

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS BELOW.

I just finished the game today.

BELOW I WILL SPOILER HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FINISH THE GAME AS SOME PEOPLE MIGHT GET UPSET.

12 hours and 36 minutes. I died 48 times. No idea if this adds to the game clock or not. Also I collected 50% of the collectibles in the game. I explored what I could but I play games pretty fast and run and gun style. Played on normal mode.

EDIT: I also turned of listening mode for what it's worth.

The best game I've ever played. I am happy that the only media that I saw of the game was the initial reveal and one other trailer. I had no idea what was going on and it made the game and adventure that much better to enjoy and witness.

Listen mode sounds a little cheap. But then again I used similar features in Tomb Raider and Arkham games. Did I read correctly that you can listen against walls and the ground?

televator

I'm seeing the 10s up on the OP, and I do love the actions games, but I can't get excited for this game. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe Game of Thrones has affected me in a way that overlaps with other consumable media. I think I'm a bit drained from human behavior depicted in a realistic/disturbingly violent/bleak manner. Like there isn't enough of that in real life...

Guess I'll go check it out from Red Box when I'm in the mood.

Pachimari

By the way, after having completed the game I really don't understand the Polygon's review complaint of it being hard to aim. Yes, it's shaky and a bit hard until you upgrade your skill and gets steady hands. You will have no problem taking down enemies.

KiDdYoNe

Funny thing. In Russia the game name is something like "The One of Us" or "The Some of Us" (in rus lang ofc). I am little crazy about boxarts and stuff, so i wanted to order it from UK. Yesterday my friend called and said he is in France and leaving July 14 and he can pick up one copy for me. Brilliant.

Anyway, was writing it just to say

96 choo choo

BINGO!

and btw what is OT?

I always thought it would the fail peoples' shovelware usual suspects, like Cry of Diarrhoea or Gaylow, but it looks like if there was ever a game that could be used as a yardstick as to why commercial reviews cannot be trusted, it's TLoU.

Good game and all, but no ho hum TPS with poor A.I. and crumby stealth can be a 10/10. If TLoU were a CG film, it would come closer to qualifying. As it stands, "this was a paid presentation", in part, and a backlash at M$ / the Xbox Onan.

DukeBobby

I always thought it would the fail peoples' shovelware usual suspects, like Cry of Diarrhoea or Gaylow, but it looks like if there was ever a game that could be used as a yardstick as to why commercial reviews cannot be trusted, it's TLoU.

Good game and all, but no ho hum TPS with poor A.I. and crumby stealth can be a 10/10. If TLoU were a CG film, it would come closer to qualifying. As it stands, "this was a paid presentation", in part, and a backlash at M$ / the Xbox Onan.

You should think carefully before posting. This is a shockingly bad post.

This is NeoGAF, not GameFAQs.

Andrew.

Banned

The fuck is this?

Angst

If you were trying to get perma'd this post gets 10/10.

Dragon

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto

Angst

Btw, 6 posts in 2 years and three months? Wow. Imagine the thought going into each post. Oh wait, no. They're all garbage.

German Eurogamer just released their Review today.

Wie schon BioShock Infinite vor ihm setzt The Last of Us ein wichtiges Zeichen, dass auch zum Erfolg verdammte Multimillionen-Dollar-Produktionen gewagte Geschichten erzählen dürfen und sollten. Doch anders als der Irrational-Titel nimmt das Team um Creative Director Neil Druckman keinen unterhaltsamen, aber irgendwo platten und bekannten Shooter als Krücke, um seine Botschaft unter die Leute zu bringen. Sie fordert den Spieler damit auf deutlich mehr Ebenen heraus, als das ohnehin schon absolut fabelhafte Wolkenabenteuer.
http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2013-06-10-the-last-of-us-test

translated in short: ND takes the title not in an entertaining, but somewhere flat and known shooter as a crutch to bring his message to the people unlike the Irrational Team.

10 out of 10

The perfect shower still has no end in sight.

Hey, guys, random question: a few days ago, I saw there's this movie called The Road. I only saw it's cover, but it gives me a strong The Last of Us vibe. Anyone saw it and can tell me if there's any semblance to the game's premise or scenes or whatever?

Andrew.

Banned
Hey, guys, random question: a few days ago, I saw there's this movie called The Road. I only saw it's cover, but it gives me a strong The Last of Us vibe. Anyone saw it and can tell me if there's any semblance to the game's premise or scenes or whatever?

The movie sucks. Read the book.

And yes the movie and the game share some similarities.

spekkeh

Banned
Every review should be like this. No score, no cliched breakdowns, just his experience of playing the game and its impact on him.

Yeah. I don't always agree with Tom, but it is always refreshing to read his reviews. Most reviewers (it feels) think up a score how the game relates to other games, and then write a review that goes with it. I'm sure TLOU is much better than most games, so if you decide to give it a ten, you can't criticize it much. With Chick it seems to be the other way around. He writes down how he feels while playing, tries to critique the things that didn't work out well, and then assigns a score based on what he just wrote.

I stopped reading after the whole paragraph he dedicates to explaining how stupid he thinks the infected are.

People dying and coming back to life as zombies. That's silly, Tom. A fungal virus that takes over the brain is something that actually exists (though it doesn't affect humans).

That's what I hate about this guy's reviews. He'll rant about the most inconsequential things just to justify the low score he wants to give everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom