• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story is dated for Europe 24/2/12

Just preordered the LE from HMV.
Hopefully they ship to NY/NJ in a timely fashion.
365games took a couple of weeks to get me XenoBlade.

How does HMV ship LEs such as this? Will this thing come in a mailer and be completely smashed and destroyed? I ordered Xenoblade CE from Game and it came in a box and was packaged very well.

Hmm, I've just had a password reminder from HMV and it sent me my current (well, not any more!) password in plain text.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a good sign that they're not hashing them correctly and if their database gets leaked, intruders will be able to crack the passwords easily.

So yeah, thinking I might stick with Amazon on this one...

Kamek

EELZA

Anyone who's played the Japanese version knows what I'm talking about. I quit about halfway through because I wanted to be able to actually understand what's going on. Can't wait for this game to be in English - the soundtrack was great.

DCharlie

Banned
have to admit. After finishing the JP version, I'm actually tempted to get the EU version for collection purposes. I really shouldn't do that.

yeah, i'm supposed to be cutting right back this year and not spending cash stupidly - so i cancelled.

#Datchildsschoolfees :/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I have no experience importing using HMV, but I doubt they're worse than Zavvi. I'm more concerned about the countless things that can happen to the item in a several thousand mile international shipment than anything a particular retailer has any control over. My Xenoblade order somehow got returned to sender on the final leg of the delivery, ended up in Belgium, then finally arrived back in the USA after almost a month o_O Still absolutely preordering this, looks glorious.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
yeah, i'm supposed to be cutting right back this year and not spending cash stupidly - so i cancelled.

#Datchildsschoolfees :/

I just started a company, and I'm living off my savings until we start making a profit. I know how you feel.

Peagles

I have no experience importing using HMV, but I doubt they're worse than Zavvi. I'm more concerned about the countless things that can happen to the item in a several thousand mile international shipment than anything a particular retailer has any control over. My Xenoblade order somehow got returned to sender on the final leg of the delivery, ended up in Belgium, then finally arrived back in the USA after almost a month o_O Still absolutely preordering this, looks glorious.

Thanks for the info!

Caved in and pre-ordered the Limited Edition from HMV for £38. Seems like good value to me, just couldn't pass it up.

Yeh I just went ahead and ordered from HMV... But if GAME has it cheaper later I'll go with them and cancel at HMV.

Yuterald

Fuck it. Just caved in as well and pre-ordered the limited edition for $55 from HMV. Starting to get excited about this.

Seda

Looks like it's been confirmed for Austrailia too. I don't know if we knew this already or not.

PR said:
The Last Story is the latest action-packed RPG to come from Final Fantasy developer Hironobu Sakaguchi, and will be available exclusively on Wii from 23 February 2012.

The Last Story features time-honoured RPG gameplay and story elements but also adds modern twists to the traditional RPG formula. Customise your items and character and master the innovative combat system to succeed in this epic new universe.

During The Last Story you take control of Zael and from time to time his partners, a band of mercenaries in search of their fortune. You undertake a series of missions and explore Lazulis Island and its sprawling medieval capital Lazulis City, while trying to help Zael achieve his ultimate goal of leaving his life as a mercenary behind and becoming a true knight.

The Last Story features a high level of customisation for both items and characters appearance. There are two main ways of customising your party’s equipment including visiting blacksmiths to increase their abilities and using dyes to change their colour. By visiting the various blacksmiths who are situated within Lazulis City and within some dungeons, you can upgrade your weapons and armour.

Unlike many other RPGs, The Last Story not only features a thrilling single player campaign with an engaging story, but also Online Multiplayer options including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Co-Op modes. Now you can battle against or alongside up to five other RPG fans using your own customised character from the Single Player game.

http://www.vooks.net/story-20665-The-Last-Story-arrives-in-Australia-on-February-23rd.html

Reveirg

Am I crazy for wanting this more than Xenoblade? The art is positively gorgeous.

According to everyone, Xenoblade is superior by far. However, I have to agree that despite Xenoblade's wonderful environments, The Last Story's general art direction and particularly its characters look so much better.

DCharlie

Banned
I just started a company, and I'm living off my savings until we start making a profit. I know how you feel.

good luck man

I'm actually looking forward to shopping on a budget - need to pick games wisely rather than just throwing cash at everything lol

Oxx

Limited Editions are kinda weird.

How do I know if I want a soundtrack and art book until I actually experience the game? I could always sample some of that stuff, but then do I really need the soundtrack if I could listen to it all on Youtube?

Anyway, it's not like it's a £100 LE, so it's no biggy.

Jackano

Sakaguchi is currently in Paris for The Last Story:
Aj6WDp6CMAAuvlN.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/auuo/status/161731626160762880/photo/1

Feels so silly living in a PAL country where the game is getting released a few days earlier and still having to import the thing lol...... again.

Collectors edition FTW, the art in this game is gorgeous. Right up my alley as far as tastes go.

farnham

Banned
According to everyone, Xenoblade is superior by far. However, I have to agree that despite Xenoblade's wonderful environments, The Last Story's general art direction and particularly its characters look so much better.

certainly not according to me

woot woot, can't believe how long it was since I (we?) were waiting for any news regarding a western release, and now it is going to get released in a month!

I am very thrilled; also e3 seems very near, and WiiU info...

I feel good

ajim

The Last Story originally looked more appealing to me than Xenoblade, however, after having played through Xenoblade I'm not sure that's going to be the case anymore! I'm still hoping for an excellent game tho and all signs point to 'Yes!'.

Bring it on!

Zornica

Banned

after you've played it for an hour or two, and saw all kinds of greys and browns, you probably will change your mind. sadly it doesn't look anywhere near as interessting as it's first concept arts. and most areas I saw where pretty bland looking, but at least it's fun to play. (maybe later areas will have less brown and grey and look better, but somehow I doubt it)
one more month to go, and we will know for sure :)

Kerrinck

Anyone having trouble ordering from hmv? It refuses to go to the payment screen when I press continue. Thought it was the pop up blocker but tried it on three different browsers already.
Also, how reliable is zavvi? Deciding between it and 365games as second choice.

Anyone having trouble ordering from hmv? It refuses to go to the payment screen when I press continue. Thought it was the pop up blocker but tried it on three different browsers already.

Ordering from Zavvi is like flushing your money down the toilet.

b3b0p

How does HMV ship LEs such as this? Will this thing come in a mailer and be completely smashed and destroyed? I ordered Xenoblade CE from Game and it came in a box and was packaged very well.

This is why I have not preordered yet. Fuck it. I'm caving and preordering now. Hopefully we hear back from some peoples who get theirs first to find out.

b3b0p

I ordered the Pikmin 2 new play control from them a while ago, no problems. I think I might have ordered something else also, but no issues and can't remember what.

I alwayhs have done my EU orders through Game.co.uk, but they don't have the LE listed yet. :(

Kerrinck

I ordered the Pikmin 2 new play control from them a while ago, no problems. I think I might have ordered something else also, but no issues and can't remember what.

I alwayhs have done my EU orders through Game.co.uk, but they don't have the LE listed yet. :(

Thanks for the input. Had a great experience with game.co, specially the packaging. Shame that they still haven´t added the LE.
Going by the other poster`s input, I will probably get it from 365games then. I remember a few people ordering xenoblade from them and having no complaints.

I decided not to wait any longer and possibly miss the 37.99gbp price and preordered. I hope they put it in a box and it doesn't get mauled on the way to the US.

BOTEC

Kanan's name is now Calista:

http://www.livewii.fr/news/163840-The_Last_Story_revient_en_images

From the pics with her in battle.

Phew. Nice choice. At this rate the worst one is Zael. Can't wait. This game is going to be trip in English.

It looks like the old man general, Trista is now Asthar or something, and his knight, Tasha is now Therius? Hard to make out the letters because of the blur effect. Good changes. Talk about inappropriate sounding names for soldier dudes.

Their website really doesn't like Firefox, or NoScript was messing with it big time or something. Got the order through in the end though!

Top Bottom