• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story |OT| Now confirmed worldwide

flyover

Woohoo! Just shipped from 365games.co.uk.

We'll see how long it takes to get over here to Chicago.

Same here (also to the Chicago area). Can't wait. Will be only my second Wii game, after Xenoblade. These two games are the whole reason I bought the system at all.

I am so tempted to bounce on this... have the limited edition in my cart from 365 games. I've got so many games (JRPGs in particular) that I still have to finish and I'm finding a hard time justifying a $70+ purchase.

I might cave within the hour...

This is a plea to convince me to pull the trigger btw

I am so tempted to bounce on this... have the limited edition in my cart from 365 games. I've got so many games (JRPGs in particular) that I still have to finish and I'm finding a hard time justifying a $70+ purchase.

Cave, cave you fool! Do it for the Guch!

Zwei

Will be only my second Wii game, after Xenoblade. These two games are the whole reason I bought the system at all.

Ahaha. Yeah, I'm guilty of this, too.

DO IT!

kunonabi

I have to say I'm psyched to see people taking an interest in the Last Story since a large amount of the Xenoblade fanbase kept taking every opportunity to badmouth it before. There seems to be so much passion behind it's development that I hope it turns out well and gets a good reception.

Jazzem

Ordered the special edition of this. Am keen to try it out, but I have to admit I'm a bit sceptical on hearing battles have third person shooter elements, as I'm not a fan of that style.

kunonabi

Ordered the special edition of this. Am keen to try it but have to admit I'm a bit sceptical on hearing battles are third person cover based combat, as I'm not a fan of that style.

I'm also worried since I dislike every RPG battle system I've played that only gives me control over one character. Everything else sounds like exactly what I've wanted in an RPG since FFVI so I'm willing to give these battle systems one last shot.

Zomba13

My copy of this arrived today. Really liking the music so far and the combat took a bit to get used to. Not that it was awkward or anything just I expected to be pressing buttons or waggling not using the stick.
Really liking the character designs and that you can colour armour. I'm gonna go play some more now :D

Zeroneo

My copy of this arrived today. Really liking the music so far and the combat took a bit to get used to. Not that it was awkward or anything just I expected to be pressing buttons or waggling not using the stick.
Really liking the character designs and that you can colour armour. I'm gonna go play some more now :D

Are you using auto attack? You can change the options to turn it off.

Gambit

Argh, no news on my amazon order.

Am slightly annoyed that even Pandora's Tower gets a steelbook but not my Xenoblade. I wanted an artbook, soundtrack, and a steelbook!

NeededSleep

Just had to email 365 game to do this as well. Granted we are most certainly not getting a limited edition, though I still want to support the American release. Glad to see Nintendo going with a publishing partner.

most def, so glad noa is letting other publishers take over good games that they dont want to touch

omgfloofy

Banned
Just had to email 365 game to do this as well. Granted we are most certainly not getting a limited edition, though I still want to support the American release. Glad to see Nintendo going with a publishing partner.

I don't see why we won't get an LE version. XSEED usually does limited edition versions for anticipated games.

ruxtpin

Banned
I imported Xenoblade Chronicles and just ordered this from 365 games, was that third game in "Operation Rainfall" - can't remember the name but I'm thinking it was called Pandora's Tower - any good and worth importing too?

Thoraxes

I imported Xenoblade Chronicles and just ordered this from 365 games, was that third game in "Operation Rainfall" - can't remember the name but I'm thinking it was called Pandora's Tower - any good and worth importing too?

It's not a game I would buy at full price, and I didn't feel it was worth the import.

Maybe for like $30.

NeoRausch

Oh boy oh boy! My limited edition got dispatched by amazon.de and should arrive tomorrow. Nice!

i need to clean up my desk a bit for some pics! :3

kunonabi

I'm on the fence about my euro preorder. I really should cancel it but that steelbook looks too amazing to pass up. Argh, I'll just double dip.

This game is no longer showing up on Game.co.uk, even the regular version. When I click on the game in my order it brings me to an error page. I went ahead and cancelled the order and ordered the LE from HMV. Are they trustworthy to ship to US?

Jubern

Just got my collector! Gave up on going to see Sakaguchi tomorrow, I just don't have the leisure of going camping in front of the store at something like 7AM waiting three hours just for an invitation to the 6PM event...

Oh well.
Pretty nice packaging anyway.

Browsing through the side-dishes I found an interesting tidbit about Sakaguchi and Uemastu relationship during the development: HS was hellbent on creating a new experience and of course music was a part of this.
When NU sent him the first sample, HS replied that it was "utterly useless" for what he was creating, and the two didn't spoke for about a month. When NU sent his next submission, he attached a note saying "If this doesn't do it, I quit". Thankfully, the second try supposedly did it and everyone lived happily ever after.

Better finish FFXIII-2 story quick, as I don't like to juggle too much between games...

This game is no longer showing up on Game.co.uk, even the regular version. When I click on the game in my order it brings me to an error page. I went ahead and cancelled the order and ordered the LE from HMV. Are they trustworthy to ship to US?

Can't you just get it from Amazon UK? They're more reliable than anyone.

Top Bottom