• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story |OT| Now confirmed worldwide

JADS

I am really digging the VA so far. I would say it's on the same level as Xenoblade. The special edition looks great, was worth the cash. The artbook is a bit lackluster, quite small, but the CD makes up for it. I got a Nintendo VIP code for the game that I am not going to use. If anyone wants it, just quote this post and I will sent you the code later on/tomorrow.

Oxx

I'm going to stick Golden Sun in my DS until I receive TLS. It's the gaming equivalent of self immolation.

Oh shoot, it's confirmed for US!? :O

Awesome!

Any word on Pandora's Tower? If not than I'll be content with Xenoblade and Last Story as my final two great Wii games!

Can't you just get it from Amazon UK? They're more reliable than anyone.
You are aware of one little fact...Amazon UK do not ship videogames to the US. Amazon.de (and I think Amazon.it) do though.

I'm going to stick Golden Sun in my DS until I receive TLS. It's the gaming equivalent of self immolation.
You mean Dark Dawn? I already did that. The graphics and music are good but the whole Djinn system is even more broken that it was in the other games in the series and the dialogue is more tiring than ever.

thefro

Knowing XSEED there probably will be somekind of limited edition, however I don't expect it to be the same as the European one.

The artbook/soundtrack in the European LE are the same as the Japanese preorder bonus, so I would suspect both those items would be part of any limited edition US version.

Busaiku

The artbook/soundtrack in the European LE are the same as the Japanese preorder bonus, so I would suspect both those items would be part of any limited edition US version.

Given that it's XSeed, those will likely be preorder bonuses for the standard release or for the first printing.

hao chi

Oh shit! I had no idea this was announced for a NA release. This is one of the rare JRPG's I actually want to play.

Oxx

You mean Dark Dawn? I already did that. The graphics and music are good but the whole Djinn system is even more broken that it was in the other games in the series and the dialogue is more tiring than ever.
Yeah, it came out so late in its year that I kinda forgot about it. I only played it briefly at release. Long enough to realise that there's just as much pointless dialogue as in the GBA games.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
same here - it's going to be sitting at my folks place in the UK until i pick it up..... in May.

Use the bomb to stop it, there is no other way !

You'll understand...

Luigiv

Just picked up the game, despite convincing myself earlier that I could wait a while (I'm weak). Will get around to playing it soon. The instruction manual blows my mind, full colour and 42 pages, all English.

Luigiv

XSEED Games they do good translations?

No, XSEED isn't big enough to do translations themselves, they always hire third parties to do their translations. In this case they'll just licence the same translation and voice work that NoE is using, which were done by Treehouse and Side respectively.

So yeah, the translation should be fine. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to play the game.

Edit: Actually, no I'm not, I have to install the game on my HDD first. Interestingly enough, I can confirm the game is 4.85GB on a Dual Layer disc. Odd, the Japanese version was on a single layer disc, maybe it does have dual audio (though I doubt it, NoE probably just fluffed on the compression).

alf717

No, XSEED isn't big enough to do translations themselves, they always hire third pParties to do their translations. In this case they'll just licence the same translation and voice work that NoE is using, which were done by Treehouse and Side respectively.

So yeah, the translation should be fine. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to play the game.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the US has to wait util Summer for it. I guess they want to show it off during E3. At least Xenoblade is around the corner.

Gambit

Mine has not been despatched yet from amazon.uk. I am not expecting it before the middle of next week. I guess I will have to finish Dragon Quest IV first after all.

EDIT: The postman just brought me an amazon package. I thought, wow, how did that happen, I don't even have the despatch email. Turns out a friend of mine ordered me the "Arrested Development" DVD collection as it was very cheap a while ago.

Is she a good friend or what?
Does she want to be more than a friend? hmmm

NeoRausch

Game just arrived! AWESOME packaging. The embossed logo on the steelbook... Yummy!

gonna post some picture later tonight when i'm home from work.

just bought it from amazon

I didnt want to buy another massive game for a bit after Zelda but since my 6990 died and can't play any pc game, I guess I have time for this now

Oh shoot, it's confirmed for US!? :O

Awesome!

Any word on Pandora's Tower? If not than I'll be content with Xenoblade and Last Story as my final two great Wii games!

Pandora's Tower would not, under the best of circumstances, be considered one of your last great Wii games.

No, XSEED isn't big enough to do translations themselves, they always hire third parties to do their translations.

Not always. I believe Half-Minute Hero and Trails in the Sky were both done in-house.

thefro

Really great interview here with Sakaguchi - http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/8...hironobu-sakaguchi-interview-remaking-the-rpg

I never (ever) have any interest in interviews, but as a huge former fan of JRPGs who has recently become very disillusioned by the genre I decided to give this a read and I'm glad I did. Seems like a top fella.

Agreed, probably the best interview I've read of him promoting this game.

I thought this was a pretty neat idea that they threw out:

Sakaguchi said:
In answer to your second question about discarded ideas, there was a rewind function that we had. When you shake the controller [pantomimes shaking a Wii remote] the battle rewinds and, for example, you can retry that battle again. But another intention that I had with this function was that in a chaotic battle scene there are times when a mage fires a magic attack, but you don't know where it came from. But with this rewind function it sort of rewinds in bird's-eye view, so you get a picture of the whole battle scene and you see, 'Oh, he shot the magic attack from this position'.

Man when can I use Syrenne and Lowen again? They're like lvl. 9 while everyone else is lvl. 20!

Don't worry, it all evens out. You'll be at the level you need to be at if you just go through the game.

ruxtpin

Banned
If I'm using software to play the PAL version on my US Wii, will that affect the image quality? I imported Xenoblades and I thought it looked good - and maybe it was all in mind - but I kept thinking to myself that the image wasn't as good as it could have been. Would the software that allows me to play imports have any effect on that; was it all just in my mind?

wrowa

If I'm using software to play the PAL version on my US Wii, will that affect the image quality? I imported Xenoblades and I thought it looked good - and maybe it was all in mind - but I kept thinking to myself that the image wasn't as good as it could have been. Would the software that allows me to play imports have any effect on that; was it all just in my mind?

The software as such shouldn't make a difference. However, since it's a PAL game the signal might not look the same on your TV as an NTSC signal. I don't know if that would end up in a worse image quality, though, since at least in theory the PAL60 standard should warrant a better image quality than NTSC I believe. Though, if you are running it in 460p there shouldn't be a difference regardless, I think...

Zwei

Have you used the program GECKO and the 'force NTSC' option? That usually solves any image issues for most people.

Really great interview here with Sakaguchi - http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/8...hironobu-sakaguchi-interview-remaking-the-rpg

I never (ever) have any interest in interviews, but as a huge former fan of JRPGs who has recently become very disillusioned by the genre I decided to give this a read and I'm glad I did. Seems like a top fella.

Check out the Iwata Asks for Xenoblade & Last Story, well worth a read.

LE from Amazon has been dispatched.

Yeah, I just received my email too, but estimated delivery date is Tues. :(.

wrowa

It literally just arrived at my place and... it's beautiful.

byJDQ.png

Top Bottom