• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (US) |OT| One of Wii's epic last breaths.

Weird, I thought that was going to create excitement among people. I guess I didn't count on other people actually liking Skyward Sword.
It's fine if you didn't like Skyward Sword, but to have the attitude that it's so bad that no one could like it? Could you be a bigger troll?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Weird, I thought that was going to create excitement among people. I guess I didn't count on other people actually liking Skyward Sword.
It was a flawed game, but I ended up liking it a lot overall in the end.

I'm psyched for TLS because the customization aspect (ie: letting dudes run around in their underpants), battle system, voiceovers, etc. pique my interest. Most of what I know about the game is from that presentation that Uematsu gave about it once and what some other GAF members have said, though, and I kinda want to keep it that way and find things out myself.

Too bad the game doesn't support GCN input.

Phenomic

Isnt there a GAF member who works at Xseed?

There are a few that float around regularly enough, but I'm not sure if I should call out their names and throw them under the bus for something like this. I mean you could technically easily find out on your own if you look in the right places.

That being said I wouldn't start harassment or sending multiple PM's because they could just as easily have no information they can give. Hopefully we will hear something soon because I want to get my RPG on.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'd guess Ani was kidding exactly because he knows GAF has some members, not to harass them...

AniHawk

I'd guess Ani was kidding exactly because he knows GAF has some members, not to harass them...

yeah i was kidding. usually when shitty stuff like this happens, it's out of their control, like shipments arriving to a warehouse late, or leaving a warehouse late or something.

Silkworm

I know H.Protagonist is an Xseed marketing individual but I wouldn't seek her out necessarily to complain. *shrug* However she's been helpful in the past especially with all the info she provided about Fishing Resort so.... *shrug*

I didnt mean to harass them. lol

Its just that the release of the title has been a pretty disorganized one, what with the multiple release dates push backs, delays and now the apparent non-show in stores. Pretty confident we'll see it in store tomorrow...well I hope.

Kazerei

Banned
Isnt there a GAF member who works at Xseed?

H.Protagonist, but I don't think she's responsible for shipping or whatever.

Edit: You know, I'm kind of used to Canada getting late shipments for niche titles. We had to wait a month for Lufia DS, for some reason.

IrishNinja

best buy should finally ship it today, hooray! god, this whole last week they had it "DELAYED TILL 6/26/2012", that's right they delayed it to the past. it was even better cause they had pre-owned copies up for 7/31, that's a hook-up right there.

UPDATE: my preorder is now on backorder, because best buy hasn't done shit right for me since they fucked up my Dark Souls LE.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I have a bad feeling this is delayed again

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CSF3GO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

either it was sold out or something is up

Allz I know is I asked the XSEED rep on Twitter yesterday, and was told that it was supposed to ship to stores on the 14th. I'm guessing Amazon just doesn't know exactly when to expect it, which is why they changed the status to that 2-3 weeks thing. I wouldn't go into full-on panic mode, though. And somehow, I doubt that XSEED would lie to me... I hope :(

CorvoSol

I loved Skyward Sword. I mean, it has its flaws, yes, but I loved it all the same. That scene in the Temple. That SCENE man.

I didnt mean to harass them. lol

Its just that the release of the title has been a pretty disorganized one, what with the multiple release dates push backs, delays and now the apparent non-show in stores. Pretty confident we'll see it in store tomorrow...well I hope.

The only plot going on at the XSEED office is how much I can torture the intern before he cries uncle. That one is still on-going, though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway, since I've been fielding this all day, I might as well pop in here (please don't eat me alive) because I talk to some of you guys anyway, and we've had a lot of support from everyone for TLS, so just wanted to say hey and what's been going on.

First thing to clear up is the bolded. ^_^ We've never delayed the game or given multiple/confusing release dates. Our only official announcement that went out said we would ship Aug. 14th, which we have. Prior to that we'd only said summer. Any other release dates out there were placeholders from retailers. Not us, and I have tried to address that as much as possible on twitter/the Facebook. That said, I know you guys have been very eager for the game, so that may seem like little comfort when you want to be playing right now. All I can say is that the shipping between releasing the game into the wild and getting to the stores does take a varied amount of time, so that's why there seem to be different in-store dates for different retailers. Not every release of ours is a shipping date, but sometimes they are and it takes a bit longer to reach you. We've tried hard to put some extra love into the game with the bonus art book, pre-order CD and snazzy packaging (and at a price that won't hit your wallet too hard), so I hope you guys will still enjoy it in spite of this extra bit of tease at the end. Believe me when I say that we care about our fans, and we're always trying to bring you the coolest games from Japan that we can as soon and as best we're able.

Anyway, that's that. I hope that helps some? You guys can always ping me on twitter. I may not get to answer everybody, but I certainly do try (well, between that and the bacon posts).

And, Chacranajxy, you wound me! I may wax poetic about pig candy too much on twitter, but telling tales only happens when I'm expounding on the Chronicles of John the Intern.

EDIT to add: I really need to ask my tag to be changed. I'm Localization, dammit! Not Marketing! :p

Kamek

Played through 3/4 of this game in Japanese not understanding a thing a year back. Hopefully I can start it again and still be excited.

The only plot going on at the XSEED office is how much I can torture the intern before he cries uncle. That one is still on-going, though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway, since I've been fielding this all day, I might as well pop in here (please don't eat me alive) because I talk to some of you guys anyway, and we've had a lot of support from everyone for TLS, so just wanted to say hey and what's been going on.

First thing to clear up is the bolded. ^_^ We've never delayed the game or given multiple/confusing release dates. Our only official announcement that went out said we would ship Aug. 14th, which we have. Prior to that we'd only said summer. Any other release dates out there were placeholders from retailers. Not us, and I have tried to address that as much as possible on twitter/the Facebook. That said, I know you guys have been very eager for the game, so that may seem like little comfort when you want to be playing right now. All I can say is that the shipping between releasing the game into the wild and getting to the stores does take a varied amount of time, so that's why there seem to be different in-store dates for different retailers. Not every release of ours is a shipping date, but sometimes they are and it takes a bit longer to reach you. We've tried hard to put some extra love into the game with the bonus art book, pre-order CD and snazzy packaging (and at a price that won't hit your wallet too hard), so I hope you guys will still enjoy it in spite of this extra bit of tease at the end. Believe me when I say that we care about our fans, and we're always trying to bring you the coolest games from Japan that we can as soon and as best we're able.

Anyway, that's that. I hope that helps some? You guys can always ping me on twitter. I may not get to answer everybody, but I certainly do try (well, between that and the bacon posts).

And, Chacranajxy, you wound me! I may wax poetic about pig candy too much on twitter, but telling tales only happens when I'm expounding on the Chronicles of John the Intern.

EDIT to add: I really need to ask my tag to be changed. I'm Localization, dammit! Not Marketing! :p

Thanks for clearing that up. And my apologies for being a dick about it.

Amazon just told me this when I looked at my order:

Important Messages
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below.

You have gift account balance of $4.48

The delivery estimate hasn't changed yet though. Still says the 17th (free two day shipping). The $4.48 credit covers the tax + 11 cents off the actual order!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's fine if you didn't like Skyward Sword, but to have the attitude that it's so bad that no one could like it? Could you be a bigger troll?

I could be a bigger troll by actually being a troll.

I loved Skyward Sword. I mean, it has its flaws, yes, but I loved it all the same. That scene in the Temple. That SCENE man.

To each their own. I found Skyward Sword to be utterly horrible, and I'm a big Zelda fan.

Hero

See, people need to stop getting their underwear in a bunch over a few days. There are so many issues that can happen during shipment that by the time you pinpoint what happened the game will be on shelves already.

Thanks for the info though, it's great to have communication with companies during times like these. You're localization though? How much work did you have to do on TLS since it was already translated for Europe?
I could be a bigger troll by actually being a troll.

To each their own. I found Skyward Sword to be utterly horrible, and I'm a big Zelda fan.

I'm not a racist, I have plenty of black friends.

went to gamestop and they told me to come tomorrow (15th), then i checked the gamestop website and it said release date was the 16th. I told them to give me the soundtrack anyway and they did, hopefully I get another one when I pick up the game.

tim.mbp

went to gamestop and they told me to come tomorrow (15th), then i checked the gamestop website and it said release date was the 16th. I told them to give me the soundtrack anyway and they did, hopefully I get another one when I pick up the game.

If you already have yours, why take someone else's? Be cool dude.

Shiggy

I really liked both games. I don't really understand how one would actually inform the other anyway.

It's easier than you think. Skyward Sword was unfocussed, involved backtracking, and was not that linear. The Last Story was quite the opposite, which was why I enjoyed it. No backtracking, no looking out for where to go, no exploration of boring places.

It's a question of style. I dislike open-world games as I don't enjoy running around huge places without much to do or only simple fetch quests. I want to move on in the game.

Dmax3901

Some dolphin shots to make the wait less unbearable :p

19b93d16a5c490757097e01c86543487361ea22e.jpg

4db6b43bededc37933b0ae6c82dfab81f956f756.jpg

2e2b7b39b55cb511251509dbf3cc11016bc6f92e.jpg

Amneisac

Are pretty much all copies being shipped going to be the "limited edition" print with all the extra stuff? I ordered from Amazon the other day, not sure if it technically counted as a preorder and Amazon is saying it will arrive on the 27th. Are there actually two runs of this yet or do you think all the copies shipped will have the extras?

jorgeton

Looking forward to this. Probably won't pick it up until a couple of weeks from now (I hope there are copies left by then..) but we should try and get a GAF online community going for the multiplayer.

Effect

H.Protagonist,

Can you say if XSEED has been happy with the preorder numbers?

On a different note NewEgg charged my card this morning for my preorder so it should be shipping soon I hope.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are pretty much all copies being shipped going to be the "limited edition" print with all the extra stuff? I ordered from Amazon the other day, not sure if it technically counted as a preorder and Amazon is saying it will arrive on the 27th. Are there actually two runs of this yet or do you think all the copies shipped will have the extras?

Every copy of the game has the artbook and "book"-case (or should, otherwise it was gutted).

Only the CD was a preorder bonus, but it sounds like all the copies going to Amazon and the like have the CD shrink-wrapped in with the game. So you're probably good on that.

Edit: Shipped. From CA, so it's probably not going to get here until next week.

Here's my order:

Delivery Estimate: Tuesday August 21, 2012 - Saturday August 25, 2012
Not yet shipped

Release day delivery wasn't an option. Oh well. I have plenty of games on my backlog. I probably wont' get to this for a while anyways.

Thanks for clearing that up. And my apologies for being a dick about it.

Not at all. I didn't mean to single you out for anything. The bolded bit is just what I've been hearing so much of and really wanted to address. There's been a lot of confusion about it, so I understand why people think that's the case. Anyway, I can't wait to hear everyone's impressions when they do get it. Cheers for the support.

I thought that wasn't in the European version? We won't be seeing it if they couldn't put it in that I'd think.

Correct. Our version is basically the EU version with very minor tweaks and different LE goodies.

Thanks H.Pro. I hope my local store gets their shipment soon. I'll be calling 'em three times a day :p

No problem. ^_^ Sorry to make you wait/have to call about it so much.

See, people need to stop getting their underwear in a bunch over a few days. There are so many issues that can happen during shipment that by the time you pinpoint what happened the game will be on shelves already.

Thanks for the info though, it's great to have communication with companies during times like these. You're localization though? How much work did you have to do on TLS since it was already translated for Europe?

I'm not a racist, I have plenty of black friends.

The frustration is understandable, but we really do appreciate everyone's patience/support of the title. People have had some choice words for me over twitter/FB (-_-) and I just want to assure as many as I can that we're not, in fact, doing this to ruin lives and kill puppies.

As for my role at XSEED, I'm the Senior Editor. I handle the text in the games (in addition to our translator, Wyrdwad, who posts here sometimes). I also moonlight as the community manager on top of that, so I run the twitter/FB, write blogs and do interviews, etc. My role on TLS was very minor, though, as the localization was already done. I had input on packaging/marketing stuff for it, but that's about it.

As Chaosblade said, I think you're covered. The art book comes in ALL launch copies, so you'll definitely get that and most likely the CD as well (though I cannot guarantee that unless you ordered before the launch date).

H.Protagonist,

Can you say if XSEED has been happy with the preorder numbers?

On a different note NewEgg charged my card this morning for my preorder so it should be shipping soon I hope.

Sadly I'm not allowed to talk about numbers, but I will say that fan support has been great for this title. I hope you get your copy soon, so we can hold up our end of the bargain in return. :)

Volcynika

The frustration is understandable, but we really do appreciate everyone's patience/support of the title. People have had some choice words for me over twitter/FB (-_-) and I just want to assure as many as I can that we're not, in fact, doing this to ruin lives and kill puppies.

The same cannot be said for pigs.

Seik

Banned
Many thanks for those quick answers H.Protagonist, that very nice of you! :)

Can't wait to get the game myself.

ttocs

Gamestop initially told me they would have the game today but they still haven't received it. The website says tomorrow now so hopefully they get it in.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
my amazon statement says Delivery Estimate: Friday August 17, 2012

edit: @ H.Protagonist: tell xSeed people that i said thanks for giving us this game :)

She is XSEED people!

My copy shipped from NewEgg today. Also, I need to download that Wii emulator...

Not sure this game is playable enough to replace the experience on the Wii. I'd much, much rather play it on Dolphin, but I'm probably going to just use the ol' Wii unless compatibility has improved.

Top Bottom