• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last Tragically Hip concert is tonight. A very bittersweet Canadian moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

More than half the neighbourhood here is at a Hip screening party. Our entire street is blasting Hip it's all you can hear.

I live in Kingston, but i just feel like shit and am having a nice quiet night inside. I'm sure it'll be pretty damn hectic downtown. Shame to miss it though.

I live in Kingston, but i just feel like shit and am having a nice quiet night inside. I'm sure it'll be pretty damn hectic downtown. Shame to miss it though.

They showed what I think are the streets and the square behind city hall (it's been a long time since I've been in Kingston) and everything was packed with people.

Parch

That was awesome.
I saw the Hip a couple of times in the 90's. Downie is just amazing. Nobody does passion and insanity better. Truly ahead by a century.
I will cry when he's gone.

SRG01

Ahead by a century. What a way to end the concert.

That's also the first ever Tragically Hip song I heard when I was a new immigrant to Canada.

This was such a great gift to the fans. Amazing show. As a Minnesota native, I only wish Prince would've had the same opportunity as Prince is to Minnesota as the Tragically Hip are to Canada.

RC

Banned
So glad I went to the viewing party. Great time had by all.

Amazing yet tragic at the same time.

Still annoyed I missed Wheat Kings at the beginning, but that was still totally worth watching. I'm not a very patriotic person -- I don't care about the Olympics, I don't care about hockey, I've never sewed our flag on my backpack -- but the Hip still made me feel a little sense of Canadian pride. The only time I ever saw them in concert was Woodstock '99, and I'll always remember turning around at one point during their set and seeing a sea of Canadian flags. They were so great. Definitely going to miss not having them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom