• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The League S4 of Vinegar Strokes, Yobagoya, and Fear Boners Leading to Shiva Blasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Taco is....such an amazing character. And el cuneado using chloroform on Kevin and failing was hilarious.

nitric0

It's sad this show isn't as popular as the other comedies airing. Easily one of the best comedies out there. Taco is amazing

Jonogunn

Ruxin being paranoid bout his wife leaving him: "can you blame her? She looks like she should belongs on a beer poster and I look the guy who makes u answer riddles for you cross the bridge!"

Jonogunn

Episode 8 was the best one of the season by far. It went back to the original formula of just their whitey bantering and not trying to make some outrageous moment that doesn't end up being funny at all.

Tonight's worked better as a double feature because they shared a storyline. Unlike last weeks which were two individual storylines, the former being way better than the latter (which makes up for it with the wrestling scene). Brooklyn Decker looked unrecognizable to me until the bum fight bit and I still couldn't name her name until I read the credits. The hair color and makeup had me fooled.

Andre can't have good things in life. The poor guy is getting fleeced and this engagement can only end badly. I think the highlight of the night was everything surrounding the "domestic violence" stuff between Jenny and Kevin. Everything about Ellie sneaking up on Jenny recording the video, how the race to the computer was shot, the injuries Kevin sustained from his fall, and then Ellie calling the cops during Kevin's weakest moment was genius.

Vert boil

highfiveh4jmh.gif

30,000$
Stand up

Silkworm

Dirty Randy's coming out of retirement!

"12/12/12 The Mayan Cock-in-Lips" :-D

Poor Andre :-( Hopefully the wedding will be called off before he says "I do"

Edit: Crap! I didn't realize Trixie von Stein is played by Jayma Mays. Mind blown (similar to Gina Gibiatti being played by Brooklyn Decker).

Parallax

Tonight's worked better as a double feature because they shared a storyline. Unlike last weeks which were two individual storylines, the former being way better than the latter (which makes up for it with the wrestling scene). Brooklyn Decker looked unrecognizable to me until the bum fight bit and I still couldn't name her name until I read the credits. The hair color and makeup had me fooled.

Andre can't have good things in life. The poor guy is getting fleeced and this engagement can only end badly. I think the highlight of the night was everything surrounding the "domestic violence" stuff between Jenny and Kevin. Everything about Ellie sneaking up on Jenny recording the video, how the race to the computer was shot, the injuries Kevin sustained from his fall, and then Ellie calling the cops during Kevin's weakest moment was genius.

ellie is adorable this season. the pick a bale of cotton scene, concern for kevin as he went crying into the bathroom. its so hilarious its cute.

Flash

any reason why they are doing double headers?

whenever I see double headers I'm thinking the network wants to just burn through episodes so they could end the show.

Seguin

Banned

whenever I see double headers I'm thinking the network wants to just burn through episodes so they could end the show.

I figured they wanted the season to end around the time fantasy football leagues have their championships

abundant

The reasons for the three weeks of double headers instead of one is because the season started a week later then normal and Thanksgiving was on the 22nd, instead of the last Thursday of November. They want to finish the season before January, hence these double headers. IASIP would've had them too, if they would've done the usual 13 episode run instead of 10.

I think they got behind on filming, so the season started late. Archer has that time slot in January right?

No, Archer has the IASIP time slot in January.

Is MLA a thing? because if it isn't it certainly should be. The editor for The League is great. That dinner scene is shockingly funny considering what the definition of MLA and my God that self defense scene with Raffi is a classic. I don't want to move forward with my life thinking about nunchucks that way.

Thank You Neogaf for introducing me to The League and thank you FX for renewing it for a 5th season. :)

Parallax

Fucking Andre. The man cannot win. I hope they find a solution to their problem

Viewt

Did I miss something, who won the Shiva? Who got the Sacko? And why do I care so much?

Ruxin got the Sacko, and the out-of-town guy got the Shiva. Which means that next year they'll be drafting outside of Chicago (which isn't new - they drafted in Vegas in Season 2, didn't they?).

Loved the finale.

Odoul

The Krampas McGibblets scene was just a great payoff.

Goldblum as Ruxin Sr. remains just genius casting.
Fucking Andre. The man cannot win. I hope they find a solution to their problem

I know. I love the hilariously pathetic loser character, but this show almost takes it too far sometimes.

I almost get emotionally invested feeling sorry for him. He tries so hard.

But he's not allowed to be happy, he's like Charlie, or Squidward, or Yamcha.

Xevren

The end of the first episode killed me, just watching Taco go on his rampage was fantastic. I love The League so much.

SCROTE SQUAD! GATTACA!!

This is why The League is consistently funny. They come up with these crazy words and uses words that makes no sense. Bringing back yobagoya, MLA, and just Andre and his fiance having a nut allergy.

And what's funny is that all of the actors are comedians, and I don't think they watch football.

These guys are genius.

Parallax

The Krampas McGibblets scene was just a great payoff.

Goldblum as Ruxin Sr. remains just genius casting.

I know. I love the hilariously pathetic loser character, but this show almost takes it too far sometimes.

I almost get emotionally invested feeling sorry for him. He tries so hard.

But he's not allowed to be happy, he's like Charlie, or Squidward, or Yamcha.

The thing about ruxin sr is that while I like to see ruxin get his comeuppance, that shit he was pulling was beyond crossing the line. And some of the shit Sofia said really has me questioning whether el cunado is Geoffrey's father. I mean there's been a lot of questionable shit sure, but that's just not some shit you should be OK with.

Edwardo

Probably going to have a marathon of season 4 next week on my week off from work. Actually.. I might as well make it seasons 1-4.

Odoul

The thing about ruxin sr is that while I like to see ruxin get his comeuppance, that shit he was pulling was beyond crossing the line. And some of the shit Sofia said really has me questioning whether el cunado is Geoffrey's father. I mean there's been a lot of questionable shit sure, but that's just not some shit you should be OK with.

They share DNA and apples from the same tree don't fall too far away from each other.

I still think Dennis and Dee* are going to be the ones to cross that line.

*Is it sexist that she gets shit on even more than Andre and I don't feel a tenth as sorry for her?

Seguin

Banned
They share DNA and apples from the same tree don't fall too far away from each other.

*Is it sexist that she gets shit on even more than Andre and I don't feel a tenth as sorry for her?

Andre is like a poor puppy dog who's trying so hard to fit in and be cool, but fails miserably. Dee just gets shit because the guys are assholes.

Parallax

Dee is a horrible person. Andre is a bit off, but he's a very nice guy. There's a major difference

Grzi

What a fantastic end to the season, this show just gets better as it goes along, if they keep this up next season this might end up being one of my all time favorite sitcoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom