• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds boxart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jucksalbe

Banned
ibrC3fyflKbykV.png

That's better. They should make the box golden instead of the cover art.

Azure J

Did a quick(ish) re-coloring:

jHmQ9UoloPn73.png

Back trees look a little strange..

I like the artwork. It's beautiful. I'm not too sure about the gold though, as I feel as though it takes a lot of the atmosphere away from the forest shown.

Using softer, more natural colours really changes the mood, for example;

Fixed it up a bit. Also made a version without that strange drawing on the rock :p

ibrC3fyflKbykV.png
iqXtMNZdCev1F.png

Yeah, it's a great image, but the gold really makes it somewhat gaudy.

eXistor

I think it's a bit too busy actually and the gold makes it look kitsch. The normal colored one posted a few posts earlier is a lot better.

That black triforce. Do you think we will have parallel worlda? I don't think they would put that in there just for Dark Link. I mean, its color is as intense as the golden triforce and not some background item.

Zajora

That black triforce. Do you think we will have parallel worlda? I don't think they would put that in there just for Dark Link. I mean, its color is as intense as the golden triforce and not some background item.

Well, the name of the game is "A Link Between Worlds"..

Well, the name of the game is "A Link Between Worlds"..

We've had Zelda games where we travel between seasons/timelines and Twilight Princess actually went into a different dimension. However, they're really emphasising this in the title and with that image.

I guess my question is whether it'll be a Twilight Princess scenario or if it'll be a time thing. The black triforcw is about the only thing that stands out besides the standard red title.

D-e-f-

Banned

You do know that they spent a significant chunk of time in the last Nintendo Direct talking about the other world, right?

You do know that they spent a significant chunk of time in the last Nintendo Direct talking about the other world, right?

Damn I think that's the one I missed. Might as well just wait and find out on my own. I don't see much chatter about this game on forums, so it shouldn't be that hard to avoid.

Okay, normally I get up on NOA's ass for sticking to their "tradition" of gold-flavored boxart (as well as removing the interesting JP/EU art for something incredibly bland), but this actually looks pretty nice. Like the art, too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
pal cover of wwhd is all blue as the Japanese one. what about this?
usually I like golden zelda stuff...

Zajora

Just returned to the thread and realized I forgot to color the plants growing on the stone. It was bothering me, so:

ibhBoNBcs5JNts.png

Thanks Nintendo. That is gorgeous and brings back some of the mysticism of the original NES carts with their gold plastic. Tiny gold shiny cart would finish it off nicely ;)

RagnarokX

They said the other world has its own history and the other triforce is important. My theory is that the Dark World, instead of reverting back to the sacred realm, became its own world and the black triforce is their version of the triforce. It might could also have something to do with Skyward Sword as that game featured an upside down black triforce symbol, but that could be coincidence.

Looks really nice, though not perfect. I love the gold boxart and wouldn't even mind something like the original Zelda and Zelda II boxart, just gold and something. Also, I really really want a gold cart (card? whatever).

nix the hieroglyph wall link and it'd be perfect

Yup, though I was going to refer to it as "the Link someone graffitied on the wall there".

Joqu

Not too shabby, but I hope we get something more colourful here in Europe. Zajora's version is much better.

weevles

Compared to the other box art reveals with ultra bright happy colors and Nintendo characters and things exploding out of the cover, this one seems almost too sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom