• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Apparently the terms for the GS Zelda event was changed. It no longer says anything about buying it a day early. Just demoing it. Which is pointless in limited areas. Oh well, wasn't offered in Alaska, so meh.

GameFAQs is taking it seriously though. Too seriously.

Zee-Row said:
I've got the second cover and i bought that game day one with the OoT preorder disk.
Same. Apparently the entire internet is wrong on this issue.

Kirbyguy said:
Apparently the terms for the GS Zelda event was changed. It no longer says anything about buying it a day early. Just demoing it. Which is pointless in limited areas. Oh well, wasn't offered in Alaska, so meh.

6/18: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS preview event Saturday, 1pm to 5pm. Guests in attendance will have the opportunity to try out Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time one day early at the event. Lines may form early at some locations - call your local participating store for details.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS will be available for sale on Sunday, 6/19.
Got to admit, I'm a little pissed off since I was near one of the, like 15 Gamestops in the country doing this event. Not freaking out or anything over one day, but still.

shadyspace said:
Speaking of boxart, who's got this TWW case in the US: http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/b/b7/Windwakerbox.jpg which is listed as the '03 version everywhere I've seen. I've got this one: http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/4/45/TWW_US_Box.jpg which is listed as the '04 iteration yet I got TWW day and date.

The first image was a mock-up of the US Box art. The official US Box art is the second one. No retail copies look identical to the 2003 image you posted.

There were three US Box covers for TWW:

1) Original Print run
http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/4/45/TWW_US_Box.jpg

2) Player's Choice
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/469050_88560_front.jpg

3) Combo Pack (TWW + OoT/MQ)
http://www.askcheats.com/images/Wii/T/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time/72452-l.jpg

The problem is the mock-up image is the one from NOA's press area, so most sites ran with that. NOA to this day has still not updated the box art for TWW to the official one.

wwm0nkey

If you guys want to do that buy OoT on Saturday thing, just ask your store managers to see if they can opt in for it, my gamestop did a 3DS launch even though we where not on the list lol

EDIT: Yep went from buying to only trying it out.

Neat Best Buy deal. I already have a $10 RewardZone certificate to use so I'll be able to get two 3DS titles for $70 before tax. I'll probably pick whatever is the most valuable on Amazon's trade-in section, trade it in, and use that credit to put towards the 3DS hardware itself.

Picture a little later...but I got it at Target in NY. Assuming your Target people aren't lazy bums you should be able to get it there today if you have one around you. The system doesn't stop you from buying it.

Edag Plata said:
Picture a little later...but I got it at Target in NY. Assuming your Target people aren't lazy bums you should be able to get it there today if you have one around you. The system doesn't stop you from buying it.
How so? Was this confirmed somewhere?

Heretic said:
WOOHOO! Thanks to a Target screw up I was able to get the game today!!! I'm so excited!

shadyspace said:
Would you happen to live in Queens?

Heretic said:
No, sorry. Los Angeles, California

I saw this so I just ran out to Target really fast. They had a display sticker up and I asked the girl there if they had it. She said its not out yet even though she wanted one. So I asked her if she would check stock. She said it was in stock and ask the other guy what he could do. We explained what we found out and he went in the back and brought two out and said if the system doesn't stop him, he had no problem selling it. The release date was listed as the 14th in the system so I got two!

I assumed that if LA and Queens Targets both sold it early it must be a boo-boo in the system. It worked! Go to Target and if you play your cards right you should be able to get it.

Foxix Von

Oh snap I was really considering cancelling my preorder at gamestop for bestbuy but hell, if target has it right now I might as well run up there and check.

Truth101

Banned
TSA said:
The first image was a mock-up of the US Box art. The official US Box art is the second one. No retail copies look identical to the 2003 image you posted.

There were three US Box covers for TWW:

1) Original Print run
http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/4/45/TWW_US_Box.jpg

2) Player's Choice
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/469050_88560_front.jpg

3) Combo Pack (TWW + OoT/MQ)
http://www.askcheats.com/images/Wii/T/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time/72452-l.jpg

The problem is the mock-up image is the one from NOA's press area, so most sites ran with that. NOA to this day has still not updated the box art for TWW to the official one.

I did purchase a copy of Wind Waker that had that mock-up image as a cover, and though it was a long time ago I'm pretty sure it wasn't a printed cover by GameCrazy.

shadyspace said:
Gah, so basically unless you have shitty enough luck to run into some petulant super-nerd at Target you're good?

Pretty much. As long as they're reasonable and want to help you, you should be fine. I assume all stock was received today for Sunday. Normally with these things its the systems that physically stop the sale from happening.

FAAAAAUUCK, why did my dad have to take my car of all days?! I feel like Nintendo's sending the word out to Target as I type this.

Thoraxes

They usually get the shipments early and file them into their system a week-ish early. Usually the packages that come in have large signs/stickers/tape on them that say DO NOT SELL UNTIL XXX but as long as they've received the shipment, chances are they already put the game in the system anyways, and the system they use doesn't have date restrictions that i've been aware of, so yeah. One of my family members has worked at our target here for about 20 years now, so i'll she if she can snag me a copy tonight.

rhino4evr

I bought my copy from Amazon for $15 with pre order credits...other wise I would head to Target myself. In most cases Targets computer stops these transactions..but if there is no release date system barrier most employees have no clue.

This won't last long..once corporate offices find out the system can be updated very quickly. Godspeed Gaf!!

FuzzyNorman said:
If someone can confirm that more than that one Target is selling the game early, I'm going to go check it out.
We already have confirmation of ones in Queens, NY (not Queens) and LA.

Heretic

So the ad for next week is if that you buy Zelda you get another 3ds game for half off. So if you buy Zelda today keep your receipt!

Also the revisions that they've made for this week actually has a slot for Zelda out in the sales floor right now.

I have some shopping to do anyway, so I guess I'll check it out!

Edit: nothing at my san antonio target. only checked the shelves though, didn't bother asking the clerk for it.

JohngPR

I had to go to Target anyway so I asked for Zelda 3DS and they even had the price up in the 3DS section.

They must've not had it in stock though because it didn't come up as in stock on his gun thingie. The sucky part is that he totally would have sold it to me if it was there. :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Went to the Blue Springs, MO Target, and there was the $39.99 sticker, and then one box, hard to see, behind the locked case. I could only see a sliver of said box, but I definitely saw a Zelda dungeon!

I immediately asked an employee if they could "grab a game for me." Employee walks over, I point at Zelda casually, and he asks is there one behind in the case. I tell him yes. And he immediately pulls it out and tells me he can't sell it. He said they were selling them this morning, but he got an email a couple hours ago, and so he can't sell it now.

:-( I was upset because I was. so. close. But it's not his fault.

I immediately drove to the Independence, MO store. They had the sticker, but no boxes. I figured I they must have pulled them. And so I left empty handed.

Good luck to everyone else! Wish I could have gotten lucky.

Skel1ingt0n said:
Went to the Blue Springs, MO Target, and there was the $39.99 sticker, and then one box, hard to see, behind the locked case. I could only see a sliver of said box, but I definitely saw a Zelda dungeon!

I immediately asked an employee if they could "grab a game for me." Employee walks over, I point at Zelda casually, and he asks is there one behind in the case. I tell him yes. And he immediately pulls it out and tells me he can't sell it. He said they were selling them this morning, but he got an email a couple hours ago, and so he can't sell it now.

:-( I was upset because I was. so. close. But it's not his fault.

I immediately drove to the Independence, MO store. They had the sticker, but no boxes. I figured I they must have pulled them. And so I left empty handed.

Good luck to everyone else! Wish I could have gotten lucky.
Son of a fucking bitch.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kirbyguy said:

I wonder if it was just a typo to begin with. GameStop selling a game before the street date (without it being an accident) is pretty much unheard of anyway. Now at least I won't have the urge to set foot into a GS — fucking hate that place.

Canti

shadyspace said:
Speaking of boxart, who's got this TWW case in the US: http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/b/b7/Windwakerbox.jpg which is listed as the '03 version everywhere I've seen. I've got this one: http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/4/45/TWW_US_Box.jpg which is listed as the '04 iteration yet I got TWW day and date.
Not in the US, but I quite like the UK limited HMV sleeve for Wind Waker (apologies for terrible phone pic):

moAqz.jpg

I never see this box anywhere on the net.

Back on topic: GAME dispatched my copy of OoT today, can't wait to replay for the first time in 10 years :D

Randomizer

BY2K said:

Is this Old news? Just noticed this site from their twitter: http://www.meetup.com/nintendo3ds/

So let me get this straight users advertise a meet up where they can be mugged or even worse? I can see one lucky paedophile gathering a mass of young children to their doom lol. WTF? And here I thought Nintendo were responsible when it came to this kind of shit(Friend codes lol) when one of these meetups goes terribly wrong Nintendo is in for a media shit storm.

On topic: Shopto shipped my copy today with first class postage so it should hopefully be here tomorrow, yay!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
BY2K said:
So they're using the TP Latin Alphabet-based Hylian? Well, I guess it makes sense given that this is NoA. So used to seeing Hylian in its basic and complete Japanese flavours, lol.

I wonder what this is for? Maybe for promoting the game. So far, they have the TP Hylian "T" and the TP Hylian "R", with six letters to go.

... Let me guess what it will be:
T R I F O R C E

Jetku

Just picked this up at target in Fairfield, NJ.

:D. I love getting games early.

They only had 2 copies when I got there.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The interface is AMAZING. It's easy to get hyped for Wii U when you see how practical it is to have a touchscreen to handle menus. 3D will still split people, but you will all fall in love with the interface, it's that good. Even the gyro function comes in handy.

I'm now in Hyrule Castle. What a game!

Top Bottom