• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

shadyspace said:
You need both Epona and the fire arrows to beat the game.
You do not need Epona to beat Ocarina of Time. You can use your longshot to make it to the other end of the Gerudo bridge. She's just an awesome, optional reward for a sidequest.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
KeeSomething said:
You do not need Epona to beat Ocarina of Time. You can use your longshot to make it to the other end of the Gerudo bridge. She's just an awesome, optional reward for a sidequest.
You don't even need the fire arrows. Or the ice arrows.

KeeSomething said:
Yeah. We've been over this already. Thanks, though.

DefectiveReject said:
Fuck You NoE.

Imcompetant Bastards

I want to register my damned game........ Damn you.

Give us all this lovely marketing data..... Thank you, my forms work nicely.
Want a free CD..... Form gone broke

Yeah, but just send them an e-mail and ask them if they can register you for the soundtrack. I did that too. :)

Magicpaint said:
It's definitely vague compared to those two meaning it's also a bit more open. I miss the days when things weren't always spelt out to the player and games encouraged proper exploration.
Yes, I totally agree. You should have to explore to find answers; hand-holding is the worst thing that has happened to both the Zelda series and gaming. A little is fine (LoZ is too vague for my liking, but ALttP and OoT levels of hand-holding hit the sweet spot),

Easy_D said:
You don't even need the fire arrows. Or the ice arrows.
I could have sworn you needed the fire arrows for something, or maybe I'm thinking of the frozen eyeballs that you are suppose to shoot fire arrows at in Majora's Mask. Regardless, they are helpful since they save more magic than using Din's fire to light everything. Ice Arrows on the other hand... useless.

shadyspace said:
Yeah. We've been over this already. Thanks, though.
Sorry. I missed it.

Unicorn

Lovely Salsa said:
Best 3D effect in a game.....EVER

Get Zelda oot 3ds if you want some 3d sex
I have astigmatism in my left eye, so I'm unsure if I can even notice the 3D of the 3DS. I have little to no depth perception. When I went to see Avatar, the 3D effect was noticeable for about 30 mins.

I went to Best Buy a week or so ago to see a 3DS demo station, but the game in there was Steel Diver and no way to play any other game. A poor game to try and sell the system, imo. I couldn't notice any real 3D effect, but messing with the slider I could see ghosting/double and the viewing angle seemed really precise.

Perhaps one of my friends will get a 3DS so I can properly try it out, but as of now, I have no interest.

KarmaCow

Jeez, does everyone have this game already? Not going to get the sound track at this rate since Bestbuy hasn't even started shipping.

I'm happy for all you dudes loving the 3D in this but I'm mystified as to how those jaggies don't irritate the fuck out of you. I can't deal with it.

Haziqonfire said:
In some ways, I can see where he's coming from (wanting portable like games on a a portable). On the other hand, I don't see why OoT wouldn't work well on a portable. There are DS games that are much longer than OoT which work well as a portable game.
What does this even mean.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
shadyspace said:
What does this even mean.

Meaning something that can be 'pick up and play' - Something like what the new Mario game is doing, where the levels are 3 minutes or so each.

I understand what he means, he basically doesn't want a console experience on the go.

The Evil Ganon said:
Yeah, but just send them an e-mail and ask them if they can register you for the soundtrack. I did that too. :)

I'm calling them up tomorrow. APPARENTLY the CDs are all gone... this better not be the case.

mjc

Haziqonfire said:
Meaning something that can be 'pick up and play' - Something like what the new Mario game is doing, where the levels are 3 minutes or so each.

I understand what he means, he basically doesn't want a console experience on the go.
He better get ready then, because that's mostly gonna be what he gets with the 3DS/Vita.

Chaplain

A reviewer on Invisible Walls said that once he started playing the game in 3D he didn't want to play OoT in 2D because of how much it added to the experience. How accurate is this info?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
mjc said:
He better get ready then, because that's mostly gonna be what he gets with the 3DS/Vita.

That's certainly something I'm afraid of as well to be honest. Though a lot of DS game still felt very "portable". The one that instantly comes into mind is Dragon Quest IX - and from what I've read about Super Mario 3DS, they're taking the right steps.

Though, I think full, console like experiences on handhelds have their place as well. If I didn't, I wouldn't be looking so forward to Ocarina of Time 3D :p. Having never played the game before and being 20 years old, I look forward to it. I started playing Zelda with Wind Waker, so I'm basically a Zelda noob.

Game Analyst said:
A reviewer on Invisible Walls said that once he started playing the game in 3D he didn't want to play OoT in 2D because of how much it added to the experience. How accurate is this info?
This really varies from person to person. when I first started I had no intention of going through the game in 3D but once I found my personal sweet spot (40% up the slider) I left the 3D on for the whole game.

Kard8p3

Game Analyst said:

Well TSA posts here so just ask him.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
rhino4evr said:
First negative review I've seen, but the reasons for the complaints are completely silly. Oh well can't please everyone.

You know he did it on purpose just to get site hits. Seen it done before on many other sites.

"Stuttering Craig 3 hours 23 minutes ago
umm.. where did I mention flaws about the game? I'm pretty positive I used the term "phenomenal" when describing the game."

So if there's no "flaws" why did you say"F'it"?

Game review logic at it's best.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The reasoning about the battery life is complete bullshit.

What about Resident Evil? What about Star Fox? What about Kid Icarus, what about Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2?

Heck, out of these, there's only in Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3DS that you could save at any time (not sure about Kid Icarus, though), safe of loosing any progress because the battery ran out.

Jackano

I'm right at the entrance of the Water temple; Will see tomorrow what changes they have done in it.
Of course boots are now considered like a regular item (not quest equipment) so assigning it to the I or II touch button is really good, but they probably manage to change something in the temple too.
If it is, I wonder if they also changed Master Quest, or just left the original MQ water temple...

Jackano said:
I'm right at the entrance of the Water temple; Will see tomorrow what changes they have done in it.
Of course boots are now considered like a regular item (not quest equipment) so assigning it to the I or II touch button is really good, but they probably manage to change something in the temple too.
If it is, I wonder if they also changed Master Quest, or just left the original MQ water temple...
They added colored guidelines.

Eric C

KarmaCow said:
Jeez, does everyone have this game already? Not going to get the sound track at this rate since Bestbuy hasn't even started shipping.

Amazon hasn't even "prepared to ship" mine yet. :(

NoA better have soundtracks left by the time I get it in the mail!

Watch as the number is only 5000, effectively fucking over most of the US, especially Alaska (;-;). They're just mad because I don't have to pay taxes for my eShop purchases nyah~

Peru

The overall experience is so much smoother. The gear interface, the item mapping. Finally we can play this game without any unfortunate artefacts to ignore. It's moving.

Just finished the main quest. So happy! Never played the Master Quest before so looking forward to that.

Did you know there are even LPs of this game already? THIS ONE IS AMAZING (GameChap) just because the LPer speaks in perfectly amiable stiff upper lip British the whole way through. It's like listening to Boris Johnson play Ocarina of Time.

Haziqonfire said:

This complaint makes a lot more sense in a world without sleep mode.

Kjellson

The aiming with the gyroscope thing is fantastic. The game where you have to shoot rupees is so much easier now.

I'm still scared of the Gerudo game though.

ASIS

demonturkey said:
Just finished the main quest. So happy! Never played the Master Quest before so looking forward to that.

Did you know there are even LPs of this game already? THIS ONE IS AMAZING (GameChap) just because the LPer speaks in perfectly amiable stiff upper lip British the whole way through. It's like listening to Boris Johnson play Ocarina of Time.
I actually saw gamechap yesterday, i have to say he has the best accent out of any LPer out there.

FeD.nL said:
Before OoT 3D I thought of it as a useless, though fun, gimmick but after playing with it for a while I won't go back to the regular controls for aiming. It works perfect and with 3d on I just close one eye when aiming.
Thanks for your impressions. So you close one eye to not be bothered by the double image when you move your viewpoint out of the 3DS confort range?

This one will be a cool experiment to watch. The Wii Remote was better for aim yet it didn't catch on, hope this style of aiming does if its endeed better.

Unicorn said:
I have astigmatism in my left eye, so I'm unsure if I can even notice the 3D of the 3DS. I have little to no depth perception. When I went to see Avatar, the 3D effect was noticeable for about 30 mins.

I went to Best Buy a week or so ago to see a 3DS demo station, but the game in there was Steel Diver and no way to play any other game. A poor game to try and sell the system, imo. I couldn't notice any real 3D effect, but messing with the slider I could see ghosting/double and the viewing angle seemed really precise.

Perhaps one of my friends will get a 3DS so I can properly try it out, but as of now, I have no interest.
Axkil here(1st time posting on Gaf ever!) I've was born with astigmatism in both my eyes and i see 3D in movies and on my 3DS just fine. I do see ghosting in certain games like Ridge Racer but i dont think thats caused by our related defect. to be on the safe side though, try before you buy

Kjellson said:
The aiming with the gyroscope thing is fantastic. The game where you have to shoot rupees is so much easier now.

I'm still scared of the Gerudo game though.

I was surprised by this when I tried the game on a friend 3DS, I could totally see playing FPS on 3DS with the gyroscope to aim.

Zomba13

Kard8p3 said:
I hope he feels the same way about a bunch of PSP titles and future Vita titles (marking them down for not needing to be on handhelds).

I agree about the soundtrack stuff though. Only from what I've heard from the game (from the Giant Bomb Quick look). Sucks that it's the original midis. Would have been nice to get remastered music. It's not a big problem though, just the only problem I can see with this remake. I mean it looks great, plays great (I assume. I mean the original did), makes good use of the touch screen (nothing silly, just actually helpful things that improve the game). I really want this. OoT might be my favourite game of all time and I need to see the Master sword scene in 3D. Just don't know if I'll be able to buy it for a while =/

wrowa

DefectiveReject said:
Fuck You NoE.

Imcompetant Bastards

I want to register my damned game........ Damn you.

Give us all this lovely marketing data..... Thank you, my forms work nicely.
Want a free CD..... Form gone broke
The site crashed. Shit happens. It's not even surprising considering that quite a bunch of people wanted to register the game today and that today was the first day the site was online again. Just send them an e-mail; they can see that you've registered the game, so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I got my soundtrack btw successfully :p

Nocturnowl said:
Yes, but there is an extra set of credits after the point where the game used to end that contains that orchestrated version of hyrule field/series theme.

holy ffffffffffffff

trudderham said:
Shamelessly nicked from the ScrewAttack review, but here's the entire soundtrack re-done with an orchestra:

http://www.zreomusic.com/listen

Ew. Orchestra, my butt. That is some nasty-sounding synthwork.

Boogiepop

Dabookerman said:
I'm calling them up tomorrow. APPARENTLY the CDs are all gone... this better not be the case.
Wait, this is Europe or something right? They didn't run out of CDs 2 days before the game is released, right? Planning on trying to grab this at Best Buy as soon as I can, but I'm not exactly sure I'll be able to get it right away. But seeing as the CD is my main reason for picking the thing up now, I sure as hell better get it.

Top Bottom