• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Batman Movie |OT| You ever stepped on a LEGO in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy Duck

I remember you!, I don't visit QGL much anymore, when I do I usually hit and run threads to return 3 months later

You worked on this?

I have to take a second to say I bought the Ghostbusters Ecto1 and had no idea you created it! I love it it's my favourite piece of Lego ever.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm all over this movie. Got a bunch of the Legos kits, the minifigs, really looking forward to this. Best DC movie this year.

Can't believe this comes out a month and a half after it hits the us .

They wonder why pirates exist and then do stupid shit like this .

Huge fan of the Lego movie so this is an instant watch. Better hen any dc movie they have created so far .

Toa TAK

Banned
Nice OT title.

Looking forward to this Thursday night. I haven't seen the reviews but I'm hoping it's another excellent Lego flick.

wetwired

You worked on this?

I have to take a second to say I bought the Ghostbusters Ecto1 and had no idea you created it! I love it it's my favourite piece of Lego ever.

yeah I did some of the bat-vehicles in the batcave.

Thanks, I didn't do the final design but I am responsible for getting it made

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
speaking of which, how is Zach Galifanakis in the film? the trailers leave a lot to be desired in regards to his delivery

He's great! No doubt Arnett does the best job of the lot, but Galifanakis does enough to make his voice into a character. It's not instantly recognisable, unlike say, Anna Kendrick, whose character you can tell is being voiced by Kendrick straight away.

Edit; I'm actually completely wrong on Anna Kendrick, it's Ellie Kemper.

This was a really good movie. I had so much fun watching it and I geeked out at the slightest bit of reference to anything Batman.

Also they had
Ralph Fiennes in this movie as one of the main characters and yet didn't get him to voice Voldemort?
What's up with that?

Gowans

Took the kids to see this today. They loved it!

I loved it too, I loved all the in jokes, DC references and Batmans attitude!

Really great follow on from the Lego movie.

JSevere

WAG's quickly become one of my favorite animation studios between the first Lego Movie and Storks so I'm geeked to see this. Looks like a really fun take on the Batman mythos.

and I'm already eyeing a bunch of sets I wanna buy :(

CS_Dan

Saw this today too, really enjoyed it.
There was a kid in the back who was bawling at the emotional bits, which all the adults found hilarious 😂

Symphonia

Banned
I absolutely loved The LEGO Movie, and the humour from that looks like it has carried across to this brilliantly. Everything about it just seems fun and bright and colourful. Let's be honest, with all the shit going on in the world, we need this. I guess you could say...we deserve this.

V_Ben

Banned
Saw this today, and it was *super* fun. There's so much in there for Batman fans to notice and laugh at. Real love for the character.

Jezan

Watched it today, cause a friend won tickets.

WB should expand the Lego universe instead of the DC one because the movie is great. I watched it dubbed in spanish the jokes were very mexican which were very fitting, I didn't like they used some memes though.

That Batcave password

dc89

Saw the movie two days ago, with my fiance who is not a Batman fan really, and we both really loved the movie. It's so funny, from the very first minute we were laughing.

It really does have something for everyone, I found the Batman references hilarious, they were lost on her but it did not hamper how much she enjoyed the movie.

Dat OT title. GG.

Can't wait for this movie. Oh wait, I guess I have to because it's not out for another month in Australia.

SFenton

We still at 98 goddamn percent on RT.

What a time to be alive, where live-action DC can't hold a candle to LEGO DC.

mclem

Edited the OP to give mclem more visible credit for the thread title. He suggested it in the LEGO OT.

Thanks; I can cross something else off my bucket list!

(My bucket list is very, very dull)

As for the film itself, probably not going to get a chance to see it this weekend, but with the Six Nations on I'll definitely have reason to be out of the house for some future Saturday!

You know.. I kinda think WB should make a full tv series out of this.
Batman doesn't have a cartoon currently and the lego design might improve tv cg over stuff like Star Wars Rebels, Green Lantern and Beware the Batman.

Its also a comedy which Cartoon Network prefers

Peterthumpa

The film isn't out here in Australia for another 2 months (30th March). If anyone wants to sit through the credits and take a pic of my name (Brent Waller), I've been assured it will be there but I want to be sure, it should be under something like "concept design"

Haha, that's awesome, amazing job! I'm going this Friday, will try to take a pic if I spot a Brent Waller rolling.

shira

Anyone that's seen it - do you recommend IMAX or 3D/2D?

200_s.gif

I'm hyped up. A good batman movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom