• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Batman Movie |OT| You ever stepped on a LEGO in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Wick 2 tonight and this movie Friday night... this is the best week for movies for me ever! Can't wait.

I haven't done an opening night double feature in years but I'm damn sure seeing both of those Thursday night. So happy LEGO Batman is starting with 5 PM showings.

Tizoc

Just got back from watching it and I LOVED IT.
Really fun movie. I disliked at least one scene but it was an entertaining romp throughout.

I watched in IMAX though regular would be fine still IMO.

shira

Just got back from watching it and I LOVED IT.
Really fun movie. I disliked at least one scene but it was an entertaining romp throughout.

I watched in IMAX though regular would be fine still IMO.
Did you bleed?

I got imax for tomorrow ty

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Anyone that's seen it - do you recommend IMAX or 3D/2D?

200_s.gif

I'm hyped up. A good batman movie!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly think you can easily get away with 2D. Granted I didn't see it in 3D so maybe I don't know what I was missing, but I thought it was great without the extra spectacle.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Movie was amazing.

The joke that got the audience hollering the most by far was the
onomatopoeia text callback

Chairhome

There were only about 10 other people at the 5pm showing I went to. I loved it so much. Lots of hidden references for long time batfans
let's get nuts, Billy dee as two face, "yes those are real villains, Google it later"
. We were laughing loudly at a lot of it. One of my favorite jokes was (non punchline spoiler)
the password!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
There were only about 10 other people at the 5pm showing I went to. I loved it so much. Lots of hidden references for long time batfans
let's get nuts, Billy dee as two face, "yes those are real villains, Google it later"
. We were laughing loudly at a lot of it. One of my favorite jokes was (non punchline spoiler)
the password!
There was a line similar to Batman always knowing where Joker is
unless there's a parade and Prince music involved
. I got a good chuckle there as well.

It was clearly written by a real Batman fan.

Chairhome

There was a line similar to Batman always knowing where Joker is
unless there's a parade and Prince music involved
. I got a good chuckle there as well.

It was clearly written by a real Batman fan.
Yeah! My wife and I looked at each other during that one. I can't wait to watch it again and look for more inside jokes

The
Pulp Fiction
reference with
Fox Force Five
was easily my fave reference in a movie full of amazing references. So much fun.

Blizzard

Banned
I really enjoyed it. Tons of Batman history, tons of jokes, no Batman origin scene for once.

It basically made up for BvS and Suicide Squad, for me.

Saw it at 5. Holy shit, it was great. So many references. Never got boring. Only one complaint, but I can understand why they didn't roll with it. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as the Lego Movie, but it definitely holds its own. Whole family enjoyed it. Shout out to everyone involved..8.5 out of 10

Penguin

My fav part was how the score effortlessly blended in homages/cues from all generations of Batman media while still making it it's own.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I only had two disappointments and they're both kind of related to the same thing...

How the hell do they not have Ralph Fines voice Voldemort when he's right there?

How the hell is Alfred not the one to beat Voldemort?

3N16MA

Banned
Thanks to Osahi from the Lego thread for taking this pic for me...

now that I'm famous I can finally tell you what I think of you all...

You're a constant source of inspiration and don't change

Now that you're big star, TLG should approve your X-Files Ideas set.

Thanks to Osahi from the Lego thread for taking this pic for me...

now that I'm famous I can finally tell you what I think of you all...

You're a constant source of inspiration and don't change

Can you smuggle a copy of this movie to me? I'm fuming that this isn't coming to Australia until like March 30th.

obin_gam

YES!

I was worried this entire week because Swedish cinemas have only presented a dubbed version of the film.
Looking at their web page now, I see they have put 1 showing/day with the original English voices :D Finally they took some sense to them!

Toa TAK

Banned
Called it. Anyone paying attention to the film or LEGO Movie knew this was going to be the case.

Having said that, I still need to see it. Perhaps Saturday night or Sunday matinee. So excited.
I don't know where I'd put it compared to the Lego movie. Likely equal for different reasons.

I don't know where I'd put it compared to the Lego movie. Likely equal for different reasons.

Again, I haven't seen it. But impressions are telling me my description for the film these last few months is true. It is like the Batman version of Galaxy Quest or Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz. A giant love letter to the source material while also being a hilarious mockery of it.

I am not expecting LEGO Batman to outperform BvS at the domestic, much less the international box office. But if by some miracle it did, it would mean that Arnett had the last laugh from that segment.

Still hoping for the next LEGO Batman movie to have all living Batmen voice versions of the character. Bat-Verse!

I hope so, I thought they would have done that for this film in a small scene tbh. I'm sure they are planning on getting that done in a sequel then.

hell they could even use archived soundbites if it proves too hard for them to assemble them all.

Sec0nd

Honestly though,
LEGO Batman had a better premise for a Batman/Superman rivalry or fight compared to BvS.

vaderise

Saw the first screeningat 10:30 in the morning today. I was the only person at the theater so it was nice to see this without a bunch of 10 year olds tbh.
It's like family friendly version of Deadpool. I loved the fact that it's a both spoof comedy and total homage to Batman legacy. The comedic take on Batman- Joker dinamic was the highlight for me.
Lots of good jokes, great action, lots of surprises. Not as smart or subtle as Lego Movie but still i had lots of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom