• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Movie Videogame announced (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/WiiU/3DS/Vita)

JoeM86

If it's anything like Lego City, I'll get it. However, I'm a bit apprehensive over this. I love Lego games, but something doesn't sit right here

Teggy

dawg.jpg

Does TT Games suddenly have insane manpower or something? In the last year they've put out Batman 2, Lord of the Rings and Undercover, all while working on Marvel Superheroes, a Chima game and now this, too. I never thought they'd switch to fully-Lego environments because it'd take a ridiculous amount of work, but apparently they can pull it off.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Videogame based off of a movie which is based off of Traveler's Tales LEGO videogames which is based off of the original toys?

It's just like GAF > Internet > GAF

Edit: only with like two more layers. And no Leo pics yet? C'mon!

The movie looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to use my daughter as an excuse to see the movie and likely play the game.

I love LEGOs.

My daughter really likes watching me play Lego City Undercover. Even she makes fun of the long load times. LOL

netguy503

The movie looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to use my daughter as an excuse to see the movie and likely play the game.

I love LEGOs.

My daughter really likes watching me play Lego City Undercover. Even she makes fun of the long load times. LOL

I can't believe the movie will be in 3D. lol But now I hope the game is too. :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The guy from the movies trailer sounds like Chase McCain. Cool!

I really hope this will be more like Lego City Undercover than like Lego Batman 2.

fantomena

What is this? A game which acts like a movie or a movie which interacts like a game, or a moviegame which interacts like an interactive storyteller?

Chairhome

why are people saying that the movie is based on the games? Its just seems to be based off of all LEGO toys, nothing to do with the games.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wonder if Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved to any extent. Would definitely put this on my radar if they were—they are two of the most insanely imaginative folks in Hollywood.

i love how in the PR every platform has some fancy description but Wii U is just "system".

Game looking good, will be getting on vita.

Does TT Games suddenly have insane manpower or something? In the last year they've put out Batman 2, Lord of the Rings and Undercover, all while working on Marvel Superheroes, a Chima game and now this, too. I never thought they'd switch to fully-Lego environments because it'd take a ridiculous amount of work, but apparently they can pull it off.

Infinite well of funds from their parent company+Lego games are consistent great sellers+brand has been attached to super-huge franchises for almost a decade now (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the DCU, Marvel Universe, LOTR, etc.)=tons of workers and the ability to tackle multiple projects at once

....no, I don't want to take that bet :(

If you want to be somewhat optimistic, while far from being as good as the Wii U version, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, was much closer in spirit to the Wii U version than the portablem game have been. It was lacking major things like full voicework, absolutely, but it had the whole city at least.

Not there, but closer.

If you want to be somewhat optimistic, while far from being as good as the Wii U version, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, was much closer in spirit to the Wii U version than the portablem game have been. It was lacking major things like full voicework, absolutely, but it had the whole city at least.

Not there, but closer.

Agreed. I have faith that the 3DS version of LEGO Movie Videogame will be at least halfway decent, especially if TT Fusion gets their hands on it.

Top Bottom