• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Movie Videogame announced (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/WiiU/3DS/Vita)

Infinite well of funds from their parent company+Lego games are consistent great sellers+brand has been attached to super-huge franchises for almost a decade now (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the DCU, Marvel Universe, LOTR, etc.)=tons of workers and the ability to tackle multiple projects at once

Also, TT Games isn't one developer...it's a publisher / developer conglomerate.

TT Games consists of:

1) Traveller's Tales (Knutsford, Cheshire, England)
> Multiple teams working on separate projects simultaneously

2) TT Fusion (Wilmslow, Cheshire, England)
> Multiple teams working on separate projects in tandem

3) TT Games Publishing (Maidenhead, Berkshire, England)
Funding and managing TT Games development

4) TT Animation (London, England)
Animation Production for Games and Cartoons

Traveller's Tales and TT Fusion also collaborate on LEGO titles as necessary.

LEGO games are funded by:

1) The LEGO Group

2) Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group under WB Interactive Entertainment, Inc. and TT Games Publishing

3) Various Publishers at times, including Disney Interactive Studios and Nintendo of America

So yes, they have a TON of capital, mostly because LEGO games are consistently profitable.

have TT publishing always been in Maidenhead, or did they set up to be near Lego in Slough?

Back when they were Giant Interactive Entertainment, Ltd. this was their address:

Woodlea House
Wymers Wood Road
Burnham
Buckinghamshire
SL1 8LJ

Despite changing their name to TT Publishing in 2005 and getting acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007, this was still their address circa. 2008.

Their current address:

1st Floor
Park House
Kidwells Park Drive
Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL6 8AQ

They moved to be closer to LEGO around 2010.

Matt_C

Why not just play with legos?

Because there are well over $60 worth of pieces in the LEGO games, most of the pieces are assembled, and there is no mess to clean up.

I loved assembling LEGO pieces as a child and the more children who would rather play a LEGO Movie game over an M-Rated game is good in my book.

This from a guy who only has LEGO Indiana Jones since it came with the XBOX 360 and is in my backlog. I do not mind playing the various games when I played it with younger relatives.

Please be the console port on VITA

We will get another 3DS one :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The same thing was said about Ninja Gaiden...

You mean Razor's Edge? That wasn't founded by Nintendo. Only published in US and Europe, while Tecmo published it in Japan. Heck, the credits of both games feature Nintendo people, including Iwata.

You mean Razor's Edge? That wasn't founded by Nintendo. Only published in US and Europe, while Tecmo published it in Japan. Heck, the credits of both games feature Nintendo people, including Iwata.

I would characterize it this way:

1) Nintendo published LEGO City Undercover

2) Nintendo distributed Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge for Wii U

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I would characterize it this way:

1) Nintendo published LEGO City Undercover

2) Nintendo distributed Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge for Wii U

Nintendo contributed even in the development of Lego City (at least the Wii U version), so I think that they founded part of the project, handling also the publishing

Btw, how big is Warner/TT Game to put out their games on so many platform? they are huge (considering the P&L calculation: Wii U and Vita surely aren't so profitable for example)

Have they siad if this has a big open world hub like the last few? My kid loves these games, but mostly for just banging around the hub area causing trouble. If it was only levels, I'm not sure how bothered he'd be (only six so he's still getting there ha). At this point, it kind of feels safe to assume there'll be a big hub? But they also usually lead with info about it and I can't find anything

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Have they siad if this has a big open world hub like the last few? My kid loves these games, but mostly for just banging around the hub area causing trouble. If it was only levels, I'm not sure how bothered he'd be (only six so he's still getting there ha). At this point, it kind of feels safe to assume there'll be a big hub? But they also usually lead with info about it and I can't find anything

we don't know yet. there are really few info about this game up to now

Zing

Banned
Any idea how and if the game will use the Wii U gamepad? At this point, I'm wondering if the game will do anything with it, or if it will be like NSMBU.

Top Bottom