• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Librarians |OT| Warehouse 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I saw a promo for this the other day and thought it looked like American Doctor Who.
It is a good comparison. More myths, way less aliens but otherwise same style.

Watch the made for TV movies with Noah Wyle first, they're great, lead into the series and will give you an idea of the style of the show.
The movies are also way better than the show.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Show is doing damn good in ratings.

Surpised.

I kept seeing this advertised to hell and back on TBS (my go to white-noise channel when I'm on the computer), with the corny fake reviews and such, and I was honestly wondering if anyone actually watched this. It really seemed like a show that's entire popularity is manufactured by the advertisements for it, like what I assume is the case for Ground Floor, but perhaps I'm too skeptical.

Watch the made for TV movies with Noah Wyle first, they're great, lead into the series and will give you an idea of the style of the show.

Oh, I've watched them, and I actually really enjoyed them (Stana Katic was great in the third one), but the show seems to be off to a rough start.

Slayven

Surpised.

I kept seeing this advertised to hell and back on TBS (my go to white-noise channel when I'm on the computer), with the corny fake reviews and such, and I was honestly wondering if anyone actually watched this. It really seemed like a show that's entire popularity is manufactured by the advertisements for it, like what I assume is the case for Ground Floor, but perhaps I'm too skeptical.

TBS/TNT knows how to do great tune out tv . RIP Leverage and Franklin and Bash

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The movies are also way better than the show.

Well yea, at times I find myself wishing for another movie with Noah Wyle and Rebecca Romijn. I like everyone else just fine but it looses something without Wyle. Part of me is worried they're going to wind up making him a villain...

Joni

Well yea, at times I find myself wishing for another movie with Noah Wyle and Rebecca Romijn. I like everyone else just fine but it looses something without Wyle. Part of me is worried they're going to wind up making him a villain...
I hope the end of Falling Skies opens him up for another movie. Jane Curtin and Bob Newhart should be able to find a spot.

Kevin

Man I am really loving this series. The last two episodes were fantastic with #8 being my favorite yet. Looking forward to the 2-part finale next week as well.

Originally I wasn't sold on the characters as I found them to be a bit "generic" but I'm already starting to really like all of them. This is a character driven show and so it needs strong characters and I feel like it's got that.

For those on the fence, give the show some time and hopefully you're begin to fall in love with it like I have. Good show, I hope it gets renewed soon and hopefully for a larger second season. :)

RetroMG

So I started watching this when it first aired, and it was fun, but it wasn't amazing. (My wife, on the other hand, LOVED it, but she also loved the TV movies.) I watched the first three episodes, then let it build up on my DVR.
I was sick over the weekend, so we marathoned it to get current, and suddenly I'm in love with this show. Bruce Campbell as Santa? Yes please. Weaponized Fairy Tales and Cassandra as Prince Charming? I'm in.

So I was looking online for stuff about it and discovered that one of the writers, (the head writer, I'm assuming,) has a blog where he posts Q&As after every episode, from which I learned some interesting stuff.

For example, the episodes are being broadcast out of order, mostly because of the network's requirements and where the Christmas episode had to fall in the season. The correct order is:
1. The Crown of King Arthur (1)
2. The Sword in the Stone (2)
3. The Horns of a Dilemma (3)
4. The Fables of Doom (6)
5. The Heart of Darkness (8)
6. Santa's Midnight Run (4)
7. The Apple of Discord (5)
8. The City of Light (9)
9. The Rule of Three (7)
10 The Loom of Fate (10)

It kind of explains a lot of the weirdness in the season, like how in most recent episode (Heart of Darkness) everyone mistrusts Cassandra, even though she has been working really well with the team all season. It's because it was supposed to only be a few episodes in, when the team is still really new. It also explains why we got back to back episodes where the resolution was "The spell doesn't effect Ezekiel, because it just made him more of who he already was."

Also, if you really like the show, Amazon and iTunes sell extended versions of the episodes, with whatever footage they had to cut out to fit the episode to broadcast length. My wife and I watched the first episode tonight, and it has a ton of little character moments cut out. Others probably don't have as much, (I don't think the Christmas episode is longer at all,) but it's pretty cool all the same.

Savitar

Managed to catch an episode the other day, overall if I had to say it was anything it would be Doctor Who mixed with a lighter tone Supernatural. Plus anything with John Larroquette in it has to be decent.

Like many shows I'm sure the first season will be putting down the foundations for the shows future and depending on where they want to go they can easily turn things up.

Kevin

Why are the movies so rare in the US? Your choices are overpriced DVD copies or being forced to import even more expensive Blu-Ray copies. I wonder why TNT hasn't bothered releasing a reasonable priced Blu-Ray trilogy box set here. Especially now that they turned it into a tv series. It's even filmed here and yet it's hard to get.

RetroMG

Why are the movies so rare in the US? Your choices are overpriced DVD copies or being forced to import even more expensive Blu-Ray copies. I wonder why TNT hasn't bothered releasing a reasonable priced Blu-Ray trilogy box set here. Especially now that they turned it into a tv series. It's even filmed here and yet it's hard to get.

They are fairly inexpensive on Amazon for streaming, I think.

RetroMG

I really enjoyed these last episodes. The whole thing seems to have come together quite well.

I really, really liked the finale. They managed to nicely cap off the series in case it doesn't get renewed, but left it open enough to go on with season 2. From what I've heard, the ratings were pretty solid, so it should get renewed, which makes me happy. It was rough at first, but it became a very fun, solid show by the end.

Totally called Dulaque being Lancelot and Jenkins being Galahad, BTW.

ganon

Been pretty skeptical about this show, but I see the overall feedback in this thread is pretty positives, so I guess I'll give it a try this weekend.

Effect

Super surprised how much I've enjoyed this series. Watch a few episodes Sunday I think and it was pretty enjoyable. It does have that Warehouse 13/Eureka vibe to it. I forgot to record the season finale though so have to find another way to watch it. Hopefully rom the beginning. I don't think I've ever watched any of the movies either so might have to find them as well.

Joni

The surprise finale casting was awesome. It is fun to see him in a show with alternate timelines. Also, that Galahad.

Kevin

This show is awesome. Just finished the season finale. Why is TNT not talking about this show at all? I have not seen any comments how they perceive the ratings or anything.

Are they planning on renewing this show for a season 2 (hopefully with more episodes)? So far they haven't said anything at all. The ratings seem like they are fairly strong but I don't know what TNT thinks.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, TNT's Legends had slightly over 1 million ratings during it's final two episodes and that show was renewed. Librarians has slightly over 3 million. Seems like a no brainer for renewal?

RetroMG

Are they planning on renewing this show for a season 2 (hopefully with more episodes)? So far they haven't said anything at all. The ratings seem like they are fairly strong but I don't know what TNT thinks.

One of the writers has a blog, which I linked up above. He says they should hear something pretty soon. But yeah, I think it's pretty likely to get picked up. It did really well for TNT.

EDIT: Huh, actually, maybe it wasn't in that blog. It may have been on io9.com.

Theandrin

I am really hoping this gets renewed. It was kinda corny and at times the writing was a little eh for me, but I was addicted after the first episode.

Is this based on the B movie I saw on SyFy one time about the secret society that protects supernatural artifacts? The one I saw had a guy dressed like Indiana Jones looking for the Spear of Destiny. If it is, I'd give it a watch. That was a fun film.

J.T

Banned
Was able to catch up on the season over the weekend. I enjoyed the show. I hope it gets renew and Noah featured in every episode.

saunderez

Is this based on the B movie I saw on SyFy one time about the secret society that protects supernatural artifacts? The one I saw had a guy dressed like Indiana Jones looking for the Spear of Destiny. If it is, I'd give it a watch. That was a fun film.
That's the one. That's the first movie in fact. There's 3 of them.

Joni

He's married to Rebecca Romijn so I guess we know how he got that role.
Don't you hate it when people have to sleep their way to the top in Hollywood? Poor
Jerry

This show is awesome. Just finished the season finale. Why is TNT not talking about this show at all? I have not seen any comments how they perceive the ratings or anything.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, TNT's Legends had slightly over 1 million ratings during it's final two episodes and that show was renewed. Librarians has slightly over 3 million. Seems like a no brainer for renewal?
It should get renewed. It is not their strongest show, but it is doing numbers comparable to Falling Skies and The Last Ship. They also have a good relation with the guy behind the show. I don't think they will up the number of episodes, 10-12 is about their standard.

Soulfire

Just watched the last episode and I really hope this show gets picked up. When does TNT normally make their decisions?

Kevin

Great news! The first season was really fun. Hopefully we get Wylie in every episode.

I saw an article before season one even aired that indicated that he would be full time in season 2 if the show got renewed since he wrapped up his commitment to Falling Skies. I'd imagine that is still the plan. Especially since his episodes usually get higher ratings.

Joni

Fine news. The show wasn't high drama, but it is enjoyable. But the team should make room for more Wyle and more Leverage leftovers.

I saw an article before season one even aired that indicated that he would be full time in season 2 if the show got renewed since he wrapped up his commitment to Falling Skies. I'd imagine that is still the plan. Especially since his episodes usually get higher ratings.

One of the renewal articles said he was expected to be in 4 episodes. Kind of weird since the finale seemed to set up that he and Rebecca Romjin would be the main focus.

Paganmoon

Ahh yeah! I've been waiting for a new installment in the movie series, this might do. Though I'd like more focus on Noah, he was awesome in the movies.

redlegs87

I totally forgot about this show. Looking forward to it as it fills a small part of the void after Warehouse 13 went bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom