• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Librarians |OT| Warehouse 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Looks like we get a lot more Noah Wyle this season judging on that trailer.

Hoping that since Falling Skies is finished he will be in most if not all the episodes.

''Hell of a women'' is right ;) loved the first season,looking forward.

Joni

I like this interpretation of Moriarty, it fits very well within this universe.
I do regret the lack of Judson and Charlene.

RetroMG

I like this interpretation of Moriarty, it fits very well within this universe.
I do regret the lack of Judson and Charlene.

Yeah, if they come back at all, it's gonna be very brief and a special occasion, I would imagine.

I liked the first episode, but I felt like it was mostly a tease. (Which, I suppose it was supposed to be.) It really rammed home that these characters only really work as an ensemble, and that none of them could carry the show on their own. Looking forward to seeing the actual team work as an actual team. (Which, I didn't realize that a second episode aired last night because Amazon didn't list it, so I may yet see whenever I get around to watching that.)

I'm still watching this show. In fact I genuinely look forward to watching it, mostly because it is fun and not as heavy going as 90% of television out there these days.

However, that asian dude is not a good actor.

Raistlin

Haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I quite enjoyed the 2-hour premiere.

Seems to have had a significant FX quality improvement as well.

Oh, hey, this thread!

I watched the first season on Hulu, waiting for the second. I enjoyed it, on the whole, though I feel like it only really started coming together towards the end. Oh, and the effects are abominable. But otherwise solid.

Kevin

Yeah I enjoy this show but the budget is really really bad. It's certainly no Warehouse 13. lol. Love the characters though.

Speaking of Warehouse 13. Real shitty that the UK and other places are getting the show on Blu-Ray but of course no US release like always. Of course they also had to region lock it to ensure that Americans can't even import it. They want to make sure we only get the DVDs here.

Joni

The writers went crazy with this one. Start as a Groundhog Day episode, end up as a video game spoof while still being emotional.

Joni

The Delorean.
Come with Me if you want to live.
And damn them for pretending to be Flemish and then saying they are real cheeseheads.
And yes, that was Beth Riesgraf from Leverage in the lake.

The Delorean.
Come with Me if you want to live.
And damn them for pretending to be Flemish and then saying they are real cheeseheads.
And yes, that was Beth Riesgraf from Leverage in the lake.

Them being excited at the idea of the first time traveller being a talking dinosaur made me laugh. What did they say his name was?

Kevin

Really enjoyed this season. Find it strange that America is the only country that can't get this show on Blu-Ray or even DVD. Seeing the TARDIS was hilarious (same with the Delorean). Loved the gaming episode though I hated
Ezikiel losing his memory of the events at the end as it really gave his character a much needed boost.

Overall the season was great. Not quite as good as season one and also the budget and effects are pretty damn terrible but the fantastic characters and writing really help make this show a must watch. I just wish I was allowed to own a copy in America that isn't digital.

Joni

Overall the season was great. Not quite as good as season one and also the budget and effects are pretty damn terrible but the fantastic characters and writing really help make this show a must watch. I just wish I was allowed to own a copy in America that isn't digital.
This season at least had nothing like the minotaur when it comes to effects.

RetroMG

In Leverage, his character loved cooking and even went undercover as a chef a few times.

I remember, I just always kind of assumed that was a conceit of the Character. Was mildly surprised to find out the actor was way into cooking.

But it's still really cool.

Joni

SEASON 3 PREMIERE: The Librarians - "And the Rise of Chaos" - Sunday, Nov. 20, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-PG-LV
When the Egyptian God of Chaos inhabits a human body, he attempts to release Pure Evil into the world, thus beginning the final battle of Good vs. Evil. In order to stop him, the Librarians must decipher a series of clues within a science museum, including a mysterious warning spoken by exhibit mannequins that have come to life.

Joni

Finally got around to the premiere. That was a stupid fun way to stop the villain. Episode tonight could be interesting.

"And the Fangs of Death" - Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-PG-DLSV
Flynn leads his fellow Librarians on a mission to rescue kidnapped Charlene, unwittingly ensnaring them in a subterranean trap filled with ancient Egyptian werewolves, led by nemesis Apep, who are determined to kill the Librarians once and for all.

randome

I saw the first season of this show and it wasnt great. I loved the librarian movies. Noah Wylie rocks, but unfortunately it seems like the show didnt have much of him in it. How's season 2 and whatever is there of 3?

Joni

I saw the first season of this show and it wasnt great. I loved the librarian movies. Noah Wylie rocks, but unfortunately it seems like the show didnt have much of him in it. How's season 2 and whatever is there of 3?

Season 2 is a bit more tight, more Wyle, a better villain but still somewhat the same. Season 3 has aired one episode.

RetroMG

You should also try Leverage if you like this one. It is another subject matter but the same type of fun.

My wife just finished binge watching Leverage again, and we were comparing the two shows. They really are a lot alike.

We also just had our yearly Christmas viewing of the Christmas episode from season 1 of The Librarians, which is my favorite Christmas episode of anything ever. You just can't beat Bruce Campbell as Santa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom