• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

Ranger X said:
I tried your level last night and hearted it. Saw my comments in there?
I also noticed you liked Dig It! and also made some a "digging" level some times ago. That's cool. I'm planning on making Dig It Too! some one player game.

Thanks! Haven't been and checked yet.

Never got chance properly last night to really play your new level, but what I saw seemed really nice! My Mr. Driller one was primarily just built for single player unlike your Dig It one, which was also good.

Carlisle

Holy crap. I'd never been more discouraged from posting my own levels until I played through some of the ones already posted here. You guys are geniuses. I haven't played one I didn't end up hearting yet.

In any event, here's my first remotely playable level that I took seriously. After several failed attempts, I'm starting to get the hang of the plethora of tools... now I just gotta get the creative juices flowing a bit better. Be gentle. It's short and at least somewhat resembling semi-sweet imo. But the more I do, the better I feel about what I can do in the future. We all gotta start somewhere.

PSN: emogu84
level: Indiana Jones Arctic Proving Grounds.

Teknoman

Gonna post a preview of Aquatico Sands Zone later. Not finished with it, but just wanted to show what I had so far, and of course whether I need more checkpoints, less/more enemies, make something harder/easier, etc.

Ranger X

Carlisle said:
Holy crap. I'd never been more discouraged from posting my own levels until I played through some of the ones already posted here. You guys are geniuses. I haven't played one I didn't end up hearting yet.

In any event, here's my first remotely playable level that I took seriously. After several failed attempts, I'm starting to get the hang of the plethora of tools... now I just gotta get the creative juices flowing a bit better. Be gentle. It's short and at least somewhat resembling semi-sweet imo. But the more I do, the better I feel about what I can do in the future. We all gotta start somewhere.

PSN: emogu84
level: Indiana Jones Arctic Proving Grounds.

This is the key. Creating, creating and creating. Keep up!

Ranger X

Ok it was time for a little update for my last level.
I've corrected bugs and added things I didn't have time before publishing or by feedback.

Sack's In The City 1.2

-The intro room is more polished and all made of dissolvable. There's less slowdown when you exit it.

-Homogenised what's grabable in the tower and colored it the same.

-There's music in the intro room now.

-Grabable cannons bug is fixed.

-The shield dude now respawns.

-Ajusted the secret exit of the Tower Challenge.

-Sounds added for the "bring friends" quest.

-Little game of stickers between my levels.

About that game of stickers. Now when you finish one of my levels you earn a picture that is a switch to get more points in another of my levels. Collect all the pics and improve your best scores!

I'm currently working on a level based on Metal Gear Solid 3. It's ultimately gonna be a series of two levels, the first containing a key to unlock the second. The first level has Naked Sack :)P) sneaking through the woods without being caught. The second will be a showdown with the Shagohod.

I have lots of ideas and creations so far (especially for the Shagohod boss fight) but I'd really like to hear some suggestions for things that should go in the level. Any ideas?

Edit: Also, I'd appreciate any feedback on my level "Jungle Jam." It's on the west coast of north america, and my username is just autobzooty. I posted it a long time ago but so far only my friend has played it. How can I get more people to play it?

Okay GAF, here goes my initial attempt at LBP level making.

Shoot-N-Go!
PSN: Carolina-Blue

-Run-N-Gun style level.
-Variety of platforming & paintinator based shooting/puzzle solving.
-Inspired by the gameplay in the MGS DLC pack.
-Difficulty: "Challenging" (Extra amounts of checkpoints to avoid frustration).

As I said this is my first published level so I could use all the feedback, testing, & ideas that GAF can supply. I hope you guys enjoy it, I think it appeals to GAF's love for more "challenging" levels & would say if you enjoyed the MGS DLC LittleBigPlanet levels this should be right up your alley. Enjoy! :D

epthegeek

Neo Member
I've thus far failed at building a good, cohesive story style level ... but, I just published a survival style minigame that I think turned out pretty well.

Survival: Danglers
PSN: epthegeek
Icon: I just used a stock round pinata looking sticker.

Swing from vine to vine to stay away from the horrible gas and the dreaded grinder for as long as you can, collecting points as you go. Due to the swinging, and the semi-random order of the vine types, it should be a pretty different experience every time you try it.

ep

Ranger X

Confidence Man said:
Is there a way to make pistons and chains invisible? I've seen some levels that appear to do this.

Invisible chains I think it's not possible but there's a glitch for having invisible pistons.
Their minimum lenght needs to be "0" and do not set them backward.

Xenon

Ranger X said:
Invisible chains I think it's not possible but there's a glitch for having invisible pistons.
Their minimum lenght needs to be "0" and do not set them backward.

Cool I was meaning to ask about this. Not sure it matters now since Im not planning on making anything for a while.

I did give Sack City a nice amount of play, great one of a kind level. I still have not made it to the top of the tower but I got past the wheel and liked what I saw. I will pass it, eventually. I think I have that and one other hidden coin to find.

I also stumbled upon a level by PSN:Breeze called Sage's Treasure. Im not 100% on the spellings but I have him/her as a hearted creator, XenonHMW.

The level has a lot of bubble combo action. It also has some very cool intricate visual mazes to work through. It almost has an Ico look to it as well. Give it a run.

Ranger X

Xenon said:
I did give Sack City a nice amount of play, great one of a kind level. I still have not made it to the top of the tower but I got past the wheel and liked what I saw. I will pass it, eventually. I think I have that and one other hidden coin to find.

That's my fun yeah. Making levels people didn't play 100 times already. I'm presently toying with 2-3 new concepts for levels. Again stuff you shouldn't have seem many times. I'm pretty addicted to the game it seems.

The only thing about Sack's In The City that i'm a bit deceived is how the general population of the community is playing in a quick fix manner. You're like the only person that found more than half the coins...

Xenon

Yeah most people play through LBP levels like tourists. They run through check out the sights and then its on to the next one. With so much to see its hard to blame them.

Ranger X

Xenon said:
Yeah most people play through LBP levels like tourists. They run through check out the sights and then its on to the next one. With so much to see its hard to blame them.

Still it's bad to them if they can't appreciate. I play TONS of user levels and only once time each but I take time to actually play them, to see what's there to enjoy.

It's like people listening to music shit a ton. They listen so many stuff that they don't even really know anything about music or don't really love music to begin with.

It's like quantity matters first in this society and this is really sad.

Jaeyden

No that's just the last 7 you're looking at. Select 'my levels' on your planet and then hit R1 and scroll through everyone and everything you've hearted.

:D oh wow my level have be a Mm Pick level its a Great Honor XD didt know lol too i saw it lol

http://www.mediamolecule.com/tag/mmpicks/

Robot Town By jump_button

Not all the Picks are picked because of their gameplay, some are picked because of their artistic excellence. When I first saw Robot Town I instantly knew it had to be Picked, it's beautiful. It has this quirky, depressing, industrial look that is accentuated by the brilliant use of the Colour Correction tool. The gameplay is a little tricky in places but get to the end and you see a new idea that I've never seen before, Acid Rain. I won't say anymore, play it or watch the video. Brilliant idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_nJHw7iLQ

XD I do think more about the look my next one will be somthing like this

skytown_by_jump_button.jpg

I post it up when I done

Oni Jazar

This is what makes LBP just an awesome game. I haven't played it in a while, pop it in and get a million brilliant levels to play around in that I haven't seen before. If anyone hasn't checked out The Movies then DO IT.

Carlisle

I just posted a new level. Still not as awesome as the rest of you guys, of course. Mostly an experiment.

LittleBig Bungie Jumping.

Wanted to try out how 4-player bungie jumping would work. Doesn't ooze much style, but it's technically sound and it's exactly what it sounds like. PSN is emogu84.

Teknoman

Oh and as far as making your levels known, its best to make videos, posts here and other forums, as well as putting up a little info about it at LittleBigWorkshop.

Guessing it would be better to finish the entire level first before putting a video of it up.

aphoto2sz0.jpg

just start working on a MGS Story Tribute im going try and do it all in parts ill see how far i can get with the first one

and some new costumes

aphoto1od1.jpg

Ganondorf

aphotofn0.jpg

Pit

I just uploaded a 'new' level.
Called - Riding the storm out.
It's basically the first section of another level I made cut out. The other level is really long and insane and this was the best part anyways. This level is the idea I had as soon as I first heard what LBP was. I think I got it to work really well. Please give it a try, it can be so hard to get plays and feed back. Try my Pachinko machine too!
id - bobthefork

Ranger X

jump_button said:
aphoto2sz0.jpg

just start working on a MGS Story Tribute im going try and do it all in parts ill see how far i can get with the first one

and some new costumes

aphoto1od1.jpg

Ganondorf

aphotofn0.jpg

Pit

Holyshit dude.
Won't you put up an accessible gallery of all your costumes on the web? You're totally a right-click save.

fernoca

I'm having a hard time searching for jump_button's creations.. :/

Any tips?
Tried...
RobotTown
Robot Town
Sackboy in Skytown
Sackboy in Sky Town
Jump_button
Skytown
Sky Town

No luck..just get a lot of generic stages with similar names..

fernoca said:
I'm having a hard time searching for jump_button's creations.. :/

Any tips?
Tried...
RobotTown
Robot Town
Sackboy in Skytown
Sackboy in Sky Town
Jump_button
Skytown
Sky Town

No luck..just get a lot of generic stages with similar names..

look over the uk when you search for them

Be Planing out my MGS levels

all stuff i work out how to do so far and holes i not work out yet help XD

Part 1
- foot prints being see when walk in snow
- enemy field of vision useing lights on end of gun
- DARPA Chief die

part 2

-wall of cardboard c4
-Ocelot fight ending with arm cuting off
-M1 tank
-nuclear area if you hit anything with gun the room full with gas

part 3

-geting to Otacon in his lab? the floor
-ninja pop in areas and you grab him?
-Meryl to to run away from you to wc

part 4

-Psycho Mantis's fight......? no idea
-wolfs
-Sniper Wolf fight hmmmm no idea too

part 5

-tortured i like to add it but idea how or where to start
-cell go under bed
-communications tower chain going down

part 6

-helicopter fight
-Sniper Wolf ........-_- ? same as part 4

part 7

-Vulcan Raven fight
-Metal Gear's hangar
-card key hot/cold area

part 8

- REX fight
- Liquid push him over the edge spring make it hard
- escapes car

XD well if you can think of anything i miss or you like to see idk if i do all part like this ill see how far from over hearting the level get

really want to get as much MGS jokes in as i can

Wowbagger

I invite you all to bash my first creation: Blox Race: Trial Version (search for "@W0Wbaggr" to find it). It's a short and sweet race through an obstacle course.

Starting area:
291e45f.jpg

Can you get a 4x multiplier?
sux1js.jpg

Spikes, bounce pads and swings, oh my
well, there would be swings in the picture, but how am I supposed to take a picture when hanging on for dear life?
2iw22ci.jpg

Beyond the section of doom
fbwz5u.jpg

Give me feedback, please! :)

Ranger X

Wowbagger said:
I invite you all to bash my first creation: Blox Race: Trial Version (search for "@W0Wbaggr" to find it). It's a short and sweet race through an obstacle course.

Starting area:
291e45f.jpg

Can you get a 4x multiplier?
sux1js.jpg

Spikes, bounce pads and swings, oh my
well, there would be swings in the picture, but how am I supposed to take a picture when hanging on for dear life?
2iw22ci.jpg

Beyond the section of doom
fbwz5u.jpg

Give me feedback, please! :)

Did you receive my feedback on PSN?

d0g_bear

@ Jump_button: i really want to play Sky Town, but the search engine is AWFUL - I cannot find it after like ten searches. So I sent you a friend request so I can just get it from the My Friends page.

They seriously need to license google to do their searches or somehting.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
d0g_bear said:
@ Jump_button: i really want to play Sky Town, but the search engine is AWFUL - I cannot find it after like ten searches. So I sent you a friend request so I can just get it from the My Friends page.

They seriously need to license google to do their searches or somehting.
Yeah, I had trouble finding that level as well. I always search for author names as that's much more accurate, but in the case of jump_button, I only eventually found one of his levels on a 2nd page of results, and then I selected "Find other levels by this Author" to find that particular one. it was worth it though, great level, nice nod to Earthworm Jim too.

Thrakier

I'm currently thinking about improving my Basketball Level instead of creating something completly new. But I don't have any good ideads...maybe some of you guys have a nice addition? I would like to make it 2P with points but that's really hard I guess...on the other hand I think the throwing physics are a good idea which could be evolved...

If you want to try it search for PSN-ID: Seph

dcsap4.jpg

Top Bottom