• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - The Evolution of a Franchise

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Meh, looks like a marginal improvement at best. I'm really underwhelmed by this gen so far, these underpowered consoles can barely even keep up with a low end PC. This game looks like an up res of Uncharted 3.

My God, it really does bother some people.

edit: Am I being drawn in by fake trolling again? It wouldn't be the first time.

Raist

Banned
tumblr_n6xxke3pyY1qcq8w0o1_500.gif

vs

U4facerub.gif

wow

Look at dem diminishing returns.

Javin98

Banned
My God, it really does bother some people.

edit: Am I being drawn in by fake trolling again? It wouldn't be the first time.
LOL, my post above yours just confirmed that it was indeed a joke post from me. Yes! I successfully baited someone! And kyser said I was too nice to troll. XD

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What, I didn't make it obvious enough? I ticked off most of the hyperbolic statements in the checklist. The only thing I was missing was "looks like a PS2 game", but that would have made it way too obvious. :p

You've seen some of the posts in threads like this. Is it really surprising some people (like myself) take them at face value?

Javin98

Banned
You've seen some of the posts in threads like this. Is it really surprising some people (like myself) take them at face value?
Nah, man, serious posts are usually much shorter and the poster has no intention to explain why he thinks that way. I put in as many hyperbolic posts as I can while still trying to keep it subtle.

Ricky_R

Idk man. Those family glimpses we've seen in UC4 is the only way I buy that "everyman" thing. Actually it would've been neat for the series to start like that but hindsight is 20/20.

I agree, it would've been nice if his every day life was brought into it since the first game, but still... I mean, I have to separate the two: The sympathetic, normal looking, always joking Drake and the super human, living life at the edge, mass murdering bastard. And I can guess that when people at ND describe him as an "everyman", they do so as well.

What separates him from an actual "everyman" kinda guy is the aspects that need to be included to actually make an action adventure TPS. They try to make him as human and as flawed as possible, all things considered. If you think about it, there's hardly any other character like Drake in that sense.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I wonder how many people who liked the Last of Us but not Uncharted, end up enjoying this game.

I'm in that camp, I'd rate them 7.5, 8, 8.5 with TLOU at a 10. I'm really excited for UC4 though.

onanie

I agree, it would've been nice if his every day life was brought into it since the first game, but still... I mean, I have to separate the two: The sympathetic, normal looking, always joking Drake and the super human, living life at the edge, mass murdering bastard. And I can guess that when people at ND describe him as an "everyman", they do so as well.

What separates him from an actual "everyman" kinda guy is the aspects that need to be included to actually make an action adventure TPS. They try to make him as human and as flawed as possible, all things considered.

Well they haven't tried hard enough. I have never seen him take a dump, even when no one is watching.

FelipeMGM

I wonder how many people who liked the Last of Us but not Uncharted, end up enjoying this game.

I wonder that too. To me this has everything to be on the same level of TLoU. Naughty Dog is taking some great elements of Last Of Us to both the single and multiplayer modes of U4. I just cant fucking wait anymore for this game, I havent been this excited for a game in years.

New version...
Sorry Elena.

uc4b1tpve.jpg

10/10

I wish ND would get a third team or something to make Chloe Uncharted games as the future of the franchise, I think it would be awesome.

is there any realistic hope that this game is going to have splitscreen multiplayer?

Uc3 had it, and it's the most successful game in the franchise, so...

Des

Loving the TLOU influence, little moments like the one with the lemur give me way more encouragement to explore the environment than collectables.

Top Bottom