• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

Hmm, I can't say I hope for super realistic animations, they drain too much money and development time. Not to mention the uncanny valley problem. That asari already looked too freaky.

I hope they make all of them in a consistent mediocre quality and don't chase after Uncharted 4 animations which I think added almost nothing new to the table.

If they are able to achieve Life Is Strange levels Ill be super happy.

diaspora

Just reinstalled ME2 but some of the HD textures I used are missing =(

masseffect22016-08-29krso1.png

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The remaster is in all honesty the most hyped I have been for a game release since ME3.....I have a problem and only the Citadel's finest can quench this thirst, it's real XD.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The remaster is in all honesty the most hyped I have been for a game release since ME3.....I have a problem and only the Citadel's finest can quench this thirst, it's real XD.
It's still not a given that it's happening but we're clearly in better position than a few months ago.
Of course the question is when?

No diaspora has not hacked my account.

Watch them taking the lazy route and simply "porting" the unmodded PC version(1080p, 60 FPS, ugly textures) to XB1/PS4 and calling it a day.

Hope I'm wrong, but who knows!
They won't do that. It's EAs first remaster and we're far enough along into this gen that competent publishers know not to shit out lazy remasters (see: Batman Arkham Collection's major delay).

Plus I really think Bioware is passionate about the original trilogy and would want to do it the right way.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Watch them taking the lazy route and simply "porting" the unmodded PC version(1080p, 60 FPS, ugly textures) to XB1/PS4 and calling it a day.

They won't do that. It's EAs first remaster and we're far enough along into this gen that competent publishers know not to shit out lazy remasters (see: Batman Arkham Collection's major delay).

Plus I really think Bioware is passionate about the original trilogy and would want to do it the right way.

Let's be honest, what else could they realistically do?

Who wouldn't be happy with 1080p/60fps and all DLC in one complete package?

I certainly would be happy if that is what we got.

Bisnic is talking about upgrading the resolution on individual textures, which is what modders have already done and what any self-respecting developer would do as well.

You can scale an old game up to a modern resolution and framerate but it will still look like crap if you don't also update the textures.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Other than all the DLC in one package, you can already get 1080p/60 FPS on PC with the current games, which would make a simple remaster like that rather disappointing for PC players...

If they can do an "all-in-one" DLC package included & high resolution texture for all 3 games similar to what you can see in the screenshot above, that would be a great deal for all 3 platforms. And obviously controller support.

Other than all the DLC in one package, you can already get 1080p/60 FPS on PC with the current games, which would make a simple remaster like that rather disappointing for PC players...

If they can do an "all-in-one" DLC package included & high resolution texture for all 3 games similar to what you can see in the screenshot above, that would be a great deal for all 3 platforms. And obviously controller support.
Just as important IMO - having Shepard look the same throughout all three games. As it is now, the jump from ME2 to ME3 can be quite jarring for imported characters.

A dream remaster would also have a unified interface, but I realize that'd be a huge undertaking.

Patryn

Just as important IMO - having Shepard look the same throughout all three games. As it is now, the jump from ME2 to ME3 can be quite jarring for imported characters.

A dream remaster would also have a unified interface, but I realize that'd be a huge undertaking.

While a unified interface would be nice, it would require a total rebalance of ME1's combat in all likelihood.

Bisnic

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Depends on the price. Previous owners should get a huge discount.
This reeks of entitlement.

You are not entitled to a fucking discount because you bought the game on a previous system.

You paid for the right to play the game on a previous gen system.

You'd think people would have figured this out by now,

This reeks of entitlement.

You are not entitled to a fucking discount because you bought the game on a previous system.

You paid for the right to play the game on a previous gen system.

You'd think people would have figured this out by now,

see: upcoming Skyrim HD Steam version

edit: also, you don't need to be so harsh towards strangers on the internet who, I'd like to mention, happen to share some of your own same interests.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
see: upcoming Skyrim HD Steam version

edit: also, you don't need to be so harsh towards strangers on the internet who, I'd like to mention, happen to share some of your own same interests.

No but I am getting tired of people who think they're entitled to free stuff because they bought a different product. I paid to play all three ME games on PS3 and 360. I got what I paid for. Under no instance do I ever feel that I am owed the right to play those same games in X1 or PS4 at a discount.

If EA wants to provide a discount hey I'd love it. I have no idea how they'd do it for consoles though which is where the bulk of their purchases would be coming from.

People who play Skyrim on PC are getting virtually no upgrade going to the special edition from the original and it made no sense to charge for it. The upgrade going from last gen to this gen is quite significant which is why (fairly or unfairly) console users have to pay $60.
Of course as a consumer I have every right to wait for a sale if I don't want to pay full price.

diaspora

Whether they do or don't, I don't foresee a scenario where they release this on any platform looking better than the Trilogy modded now.

diaspora

Wait, what mods? I literally replayed ME1 and 2 a few weeks ago, if I knew there were graphical overhauls I'd have used them :((
Holy crap, you serious? There is a magical fucking land of ME Trilogy modding (4k optional but recommended) I have for you.

EDIT: If enough people want me to, I can see if I can do a thread with a basic write up of the fundamental mods for ME 1, 2, and 3. I'm swamped at work so it might take a few weeks, but I could do it. Won't necessarily be 100% comprehensive as there's super custom (down to individual textures) mods that players like myself or Lime do that are hard to share/replicate without a granular knowledge of ME modding.

Regginator

Holy crap, you serious? There is a magical fucking land of ME Trilogy modding (4k optional but recommended) I have for you.

EDIT: If enough people want me to, I can see if I can do a thread with a basic write up of the fundamental mods for ME 1, 2, and 3. I'm swamped at work so it might take a few weeks, but I could do it. Won't necessarily be 100% comprehensive as there's super custom (down to individual textures) mods that players like myself or Lime do that are hard to share/replicate without a granular knowledge of ME modding.

If you can find the time, please do! I've already played this trilogy three or four times, another one can't hurt. I'd love to play through it all again with 4K mods.

How did I miss this, I remember even searching to see if there were some

Bisnic

Don't worry about it. This comment was made BEFORE the recent comment about people wanting to remastered.

If it was made before, why posting that interview this week?

And how long ago before was it done? If it's only a few weeks apart between it and the other comment, it's strange to have 2 different versions of EA stance on this. It's like they're trolling.

Patryn

I still don't believe that we'll see anything serious until N7 day.

But maybe Sony is doing a partnership deal with ME? First shot at DLC?

There better not be any kind of exclusive content deals for the next Mass Effect. We went a whole trilogy without that kind of stuff, it's gross and not needed.

Forgive the dumb questions, but I was hoping to jump into the ME series this Fall. I snagged a PS3 and was hoping to start next week. Should I read Mass Effect: Revelation before trying the game?

Is the PS3 version of the series really that bad?

Big Nikus

The PS3 version is the worst, but I don't know how bad it is.
As for Revelation, I've read it a few weeks ago. Read it if you want, it's not a bad read, but it's not necessaryt before playing the game. Nobody had read it when the first game came out. There's even a character quite early in the game that gives you a summary of what happened in the story of the book (he doesn't tell everything, but it's enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom