• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

I don't know.
I think hints as to the disposition of the Salarian and Asari arks might be considered spoiler-y. Also 'reboot the pathfinder' what the fuck is that?!

If you don't understand the context of the story achievements, they aren't really spoilers. Also you could simply NOT analyze them and skim past them? I like to check out the achievements because I somewhat care about them and want to make sure I'm doing the grinding actions during my playthrough.

Achievements have been posted, many spoilers ahead. Click at your own peril.
https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/

I am slightly disappointed at the 2
Ark Saving
Trophies, as it seems to imply their respective Pathfinders are incompetent idiots that need the help of the almighty human with only basic training along with 2 companions to save the day once again. Unless these missions are large scale efforts and we are just a part of this like the Suicide Mission in ME2.

m5xgmvI.png

So close to finally being able to play this game.... after so long...

Yep, hype has me now. I just watched the five released AI briefings back to back and they're very well done - the hero shots of the Tempest flying are particularly great.

ihaHe4fp4hLAQ.gif

The name 'Tempest' is a bit belligerent for an unarmed scout ship but I guess it's a Shakespeare reference (the similarly named play involves people marooned on an island, dabbling with magic and powerful spirits.)

Just wonderful to have the Mass Effect community (here and elsewhere) positive and energized again.

Diancecht

Got a question for y'all. Do I have to pre-order the game in order to trail it on Origin Access? Or an ongoing OA subscription is enough for it?

Xando

Hype is starting to reach critical levels. Last week before a anticipated game is always too long

Got a question for y'all. Do I have to pre-order the game in order to trail it on Origin Access? Or an ongoing OA subscription is enough for it?

sub is enough

diaspora

33138713661_4d54935374_o.png

I know there's the newer/current blue and white Andromeda Initiative logo with the tempest on it, but frankly I've always liked this one more.

Discord link in email tags- so quote to retrieve; it can be used to organize ME3 multiplayer matches if anyone wishes too. I'll re-post it closer to March 16th for the 10 hour demo.

33138713661_4d54935374_o.png

I know there's the newer/current blue and white Andromeda Initiative logo with the tempest on it, but frankly I've always liked this one more.

Discord link in email tags- so quote to retrieve; it can be used to organize ME3 multiplayer matches if anyone wishes too. I'll re-post it closer to March 16th for the 10 hour demo.

Signed up for the Mass Effect Discord. Thanks for the link. Might play some ME3 MP on PS3 before Andromeda launches in it's early access.

That multiplayer footage looks fantastic. I can't wait to try it on the 21st, hopefully they haven't changed the vanilla human adept too much.

On a side note, I wonder if biotic dashes will consume barriers like they did in ME3?

What ships class the tempest belongs? light frigate or Corvette?

I don't think Alliance classification applies here because it's not a military vessel (no SSV or reference to an Earth battle in the name.)

It looks like a frigate in form and function but I guess it's just a science vessel in Alliance terms.

Rever

Neo Member
I am slightly disappointed at the 2
Ark Saving
Trophies, as it seems to imply their respective Pathfinders are incompetent idiots that need the help of the almighty human with only basic training along with 2 companions to save the day once again. Unless these missions are large scale efforts and we are just a part of this like the Suicide Mission in ME2.

This was one of my issues with the trilogy. Humanity in end always saves the day and what not depise all the other races efforts. Hope at the end of this game your ships crew is more of an mixed bag.

AlStrong

Makes sense to me. There were a few organizations that believed Shepard about the Reapers post ME1, it's just the Council and Alliance that 'officially' denied it (and even some influential individuals within them like Anderson believed it). Cerberus was somehow getting more money than god from doners who obviously believed the Reapers were a thing.

Seems pretty reasonable that some wealthy and influential individuals would throw some weight into moving the Andromeda Initiative forward at an increased scale and accelerated time frame with the intention to make it a secret lifeboat program.

Indeed!

"Officially" denying it is a good way to put it, especially if they were afraid the Reapers would find out about this project and would have proceeded to destroy/follow them. It'd be a decent retcon anyway.

Sajuuk

Indeed!

"Officially" denying it is a good way to put it, especially if they were afraid the Reapers would find out about this project and would have proceeded to destroy/follow them. It'd be a decent retcon anyway.
well the colectors are active in 2185, so maybe its wise to have counter intelligence.

Indeed!

I wonder if as we awaken the cryo pods we will start to find an abnormally high number of wealthy executives and politicians... hmm...

Wonder if most of the people signed up because they believed Shepard about the Reapers' existence after ME1 and wanted to get out before they returned.

Immediate concern from that Nomad video is that the player has to go to the hub menu to access the map. It's going to be a slow tedious mess if we can't use the d-pad to quickly bring it up, even inquisition had that at least.

DOWN

Banned
Seems like the Nexus will satisfy the mega-city itch, but I wonder if this is a hub too? Or just a glimpse of a vista from one of the 'ancient civilization' related discovery story missions?

AtICMBF.jpg

Lt-47

Immediate concern from that Nomad video is that the player has to go to the hub menu to access the map. It's going to be a slow tedious mess if we can't use the d-pad to quickly bring it up, even inquisition had that at least.

Most of the thing on the map seems to show up on the compass so hopefully you won't need to open it too much

Most of the thing on the map seems to show up on the compass so hopefully you won't need to open it too much
Maybe.

But for most games (and it would seem to be the case here as well) the compass doesn't do anything but show you a jumble of icons at the top and what direction the player is facing. Being able to open up the top-down map quickly to set destination markers is pretty useful for players like me who want to explore areas not marked by icons without stumbling around for hours.

One of the best things about exploring zones in Inquisition was the ability to just press left on the d-pad and have the map up instantaneously.

Prelude.

So, I'm playing ME1 for the first time and I was wondering why only Kaiden and just recently Liara tried to hit on Shepard, so I looked up the romance options from 1 through 3 and, man, what a shitshow. I always assumed all the romanceable characters were available for both genders, but I guess not. I don't really feel like switching to a male Shepard but those femShep choices in ME2, yikes.
Is there any mod that fixes that without breaking the game? I read that it's possible to do a gender swap but stuff like male voice on femShep happen in 2-3.

So, I'm playing ME1 for the first time and I was wondering why only Kaiden and just recently Liara tried to hit on Shepard, so I looked up the romance options from 1 through 3 and, man, what a shitshow. I always assumed all the romanceable characters were available for both genders, but I guess not. I don't really feel like switching to a male Shepard but those femShep choices in ME2, yikes.
Is there any mod that fixes that without breaking the game? I read that it's possible to do a gender swap but stuff like male voice on femShep happen in 2-3.

Yeah if you use a character editor you can edit your gender just before the romance would be initiated to "trick" the game into setting you on a romance path that otherwise wouldn't be available.

This will lead to a lot of situations though where you're being referred to by the wrong pronouns and your character will be mostly silent during romance conversations or use the other gender's voice during dialogue. It's a whole lot of jank to add to your game for arguable returns imo.

EDIT: There actually is an ME1 mod it turns out to make Ashley and Kaidan same sex available since apparently they were both initially planned to be same sex romancable and voice lines were recorded for both. I have no idea how this will effect the rest of the trilogy if you use a save import though.
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/80/?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
79% metacritic score
46% user score
marginally better than mass effect 1 launch sales
average sales legs
multiplayer connectivity and latency issues at launch
significant unresolved single player bugs
erratic performance on all platforms
uninspired forgettable cast of npcs
everything was reapers/cerberus

let's do this

79% metacritic score
46% user score
marginally better than mass effect 1 launch sales
average sales legs
multiplayer connectivity and latency issues at launch
significant unresolved single player bugs
erratic performance on all platforms
uninspired forgettable cast of npcs
everything was reapers/cerberus

let's do this

Don't forget *obligatory Witcher mention

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anything below 88 metacritic I would consider an upset. There are many many good games below 88 but mass effect is a 90s franchise godammit.

Rise of Tomb Raider is 88...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom