• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SliChillax

The only problem with the graphics is the gamma or contrast. It seems too bright and flat, needs more pop. Does this have HBAO+ on PC? That would help a lot.

Killzig

You guys should probably spoiler that image. Some people enjoy finding those things on their own. At least until we get a free for all spoiler thread.

Xando

I think I'm gonna go PS4 with this. Achievements + local store selling it from the 17 or 18th have convinced me to drop the PC version

Have they said anything about the 1080p pro version?

SliChillax

I think I'm gonna go PS4 with this. Achievements + local store selling it from the 17 or 18th have convinced me to drop the PC version

Have they said anything about the 1080p pro version?

But Origin also has achievements and you can get the 10 hour trial which starts on the 16th on PC. If your PC is powerful enough, you'll also have 60fps and more graphics options.

But Origin also has achievements and you can get the 10 hour trial which starts on the 16th on PC. If your PC is powerful enough, you'll also have 60fps and more graphics options.

Why are you actively trying to dissuade him from buying the PS4 version of the game? 0.0 I'm sure he's old enough to make his own decisions.

Mindlog

I'm starting on PS4 because that's the console I have with some of the old MP crew. Will get a Scorpio to hook up with the community down the line. PC will be in there somewhere. Probably after the bans for 1,000,000 credits games are over.

Xando

I don't really care which version i play but if i can get the full game 4-5 days earlier i'm definitely going with the PS4 version.

Gonna use origin access to determine whether to go with male/female ryder

Lt-47

It indeed seems like the Gamma is set way high in that Nexus video

Yeah something wrong with the gamma setting of the video capture, or the Nexus as a very weird lightning. I don't remember that problem in the other video and screenshot.

Code:
 [IMG]https://gamepod.hu/dl/upc/2017-03/217403_kepkivagas.png[/IMG] [img]http://i.imgur.com/vdKkmRR.png[/img]

The lighting is still a bit flat but it looks much better

To be fair the QOL and UX of modern CRPGs aren't any better- i.e. Pillars.
That's because people want bad UX and QOL from those games.

But at least Pillars has a combat system designed for real time rather than turn based combat, so it did improve on dumb unitinutive shit from the Infinity Engine games.

Retrofluxed

C6WBdctVUAAKiwk.jpg

Lol, as an ex-WoW player, that's great.

Vengal

Vintage Heatsink is exciting! I'm no game dev but it always bothered me how they entirely gave up on trying to make the ME1 style ammo system even work. It was something wholly unique to shooters that you didn't have to watch your ammo. Every other PvE shooter has to rain down ammo or spawn adds to give you ammo to make sure you don't run out.

DevilDog

Vintage Heatsink is exciting! I'm no game dev but it always bothered me how they entirely gave up on trying to make the ME1 style ammo system even work. It was something wholly unique to shooters that you didn't have to watch your ammo. Every other PvE shooter has to rain down ammo or spawn adds to give you ammo to make sure you don't run out.

Yeah it was fun managing the levels of heat. It made things unique and gave the game personality and added more to the lore. Good stuff.

Are beam weapons the only ME1 style weapon we're getting? No regular assault rifles?

Vengal

Yeah it was fun managing the levels of heat. It made things unique and gave the game personality and added more to the lore. Good stuff.

Are beam weapons the only ME1 style weapon we're getting? No regular assault rifles?

In the nexus video they just put out they showed a mod called "Vintage Heatsink" Effect said that ammo regenerated over time. Not quite the same but its something I guess, I would imagine it works for any weapon but at the cost of possibly more damaging mods.

They showed a Mattock and the Avenger so far, maybe someone can point out other Milky Way assault rifles from the videos.

Black Widow sniper, Tempest SMG, Katana/Crusader/Disciple and Piranha Shotguns are also in as well as the M3 Predator and Carnifex pistols.

I want the Harrier but that seems like a weapon designed around ME3 and probably wouldn't make sense to be in the game.

Killzig

I doubt it's in the game but weapon colour customization along with the naming system would've been pretty nice.

Pretty sure Frazier already said there was no weapon color customization, armor only. I think it's similar to ME3 where the tint changes slightly based on the mods you have installed.

They showed a Mattock and the Avenger so far, maybe someone can point out other Milky Way assault rifles from the videos.

Black Widow sniper, Tempest SMG, Katana/Crusader/Disciple and Piranha Shotguns are also in as well as the M3 Predator and Carnifex pistols.

I want the Harrier but that seems like a weapon designed around ME3 and probably wouldn't make sense to be in the game.

Tempest SMG got renamed. You can find a list of weapons in that doc I linked earlier. https://docs.google.com/document/d/...tMqvEBx4_NgGTkNXc/edit#heading=h.6f3ylh1xn084

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh wise shinobi, have you heard of any day 1 patch that could potentially fix some of the facial animation? That last Nexus video was a bit disappointing on that front(especially the woman npc dead expression), not to mention the whole lip thing going on in there :

Fo4VdpX.gif

If this was really intended, you would see this everywhere, but it's not the case... so it almost look like a bug.
I'm not expecting perfect animations, but i'm getting a little distracted by these, even though I was ok with the trilogy ones most of the time.

Oh wise shinobi, have you heard of any day 1 patch that could potentially fix some of the facial animation? That last Nexus video was a bit disappointing on that front(especially the woman npc dead expression), not to mention the whole lip thing going on in there :

http://i.imgur.com/Fo4VdpX.gif[/IMG

[/QUOTE]
I don't know who all is targeted but yea, spoke recently to someone and the patch specifically includes addressing of facial animation bugs, some "explosive mouths". That right there is most certainly one I imagine lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't know who all is targeted but yea, spoke recently to someone and the patch specifically includes addressing of facial animation bugs, some "explosive mouths". That right there is most certainly one I imagine lol.

That's good to know!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bioware/s...13341159665665

Krogan effing Engineer ��

BRB changing edition to Deluxe

Wait, we can't select our weapons? Classes come with predefined ones? Or is that just for the demo?

Lt-47

Hmm now I get the Krogans weird eyes complaints, I think they are changed to be more reptile-like than human sentient.[/URL]

I think they just look darker under most lighting condition but otherwise they are very similar. They always were reptile-like.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/TUTtovk.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/dvBB0GR.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IXN6yjR.png[/img]

Didn't see this linked before, apologies if I missed it, but this is a pretty good interview with one of the producers:

Q: I think one of the reasons people want to see the best possible path when they played through the original Mass Effect trilogy is they maybe didn’t want to invest another 40 hours playing through again, to save a dead character so they could see everything. How do you solve that?

A: The choices you make influence the story and the plot and all that. But the idea is to get rid of the A versus B, because that’s how you create the idea that one thing is better than the other. When everything is more nuanced, and the consequences of the choice are less obvious than going Paragon or Renegade, it’s focusing on the journey. It’s focusing on your journey and the choices you make now.
The idea is: you’ve got the freedom to make the choices you want, it has consequences and it builds your story. So you will replay only if you want a different story.

Q: But won’t that be frustrating for people? If there are no obvious cues, and they get locked out of the outcomes they want to see.

A: Maybe, but if that frustrates you, you probably shouldn’t play the game. Because that’s exactly what it is about. There’s no way you’ll know all the possibilities and all the paths you can take.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/08/ma...ike-that-you-probably-shouldnt-play-the-game/

Tsukumo

I got soured by the MP bullshit and cancelled the Super Deluxe Edition. Got the regular one for 50. Worst marketing campaign ever. Almost completely cleared my hype. I wish I had the self-restraint to not even pre-order.

jmood88

Not sure what he's referring to particularly, but the super deluxe edition doesn't really seem like a great value proposition for most people, even those who expect to dig deep into the multiplayer.
It's not but that was known when they announced that version, so I'm not sure what he's complaining about.

Ralemont

not me
Is that the first time they openly say that
the Andromeda Initiative is made to escape the Reaper ?!

Yep I was just thinking that. It works well, too: official reasons are different for obvious reasons but behind the scenes there's a motive that explains leaving the whole galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom