• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix: Resurrections Trailer Shown at CinemaCon

ManaByte

It begins with Neil Patrick Harris talking to Keanu Reeves. A near future San Francisco.

“Am I crazy,” asks Reeves’ “We don’t use that word in hear says Harris’ therapist.

Reeves comes in contact with Carrie Anne Moss: “Have we met?” she asks.

“time to fly” says a Morpheus look-alike-handing him Neo a red pill.

A lot of jumping, and all the acrobats we expect from a Matrix movie.

Oh no, the trailer doesn't explain how batshit insane the movie is.

Thomas Anderson is a software engineer who made the hit Matrix Trilogy video games for Warner Brothers. Now it's years later and WB wants a fourth game from him.
This…..is an interesting take.

SuperGooey

Thomas Anderson is a software engineer who made the hit Matrix Trilogy video games for Warner Brothers. Now it's years later and WB wants a fourth game from him.
Is this real?

EruditeHobo

That's fucking amazing...

I've heard it explained as much more Cloud Atlas than The Matrix, which does initially seem odd, considering... it's a Matrix movie. But yeah, I think the Wachowskis going Charlie Kaufman with this is probably going to be more interesting than them trying to catch lighting in a bottle a second time.

SuperGooey

Said it's the best sequel. Not a high bar to clear, but still.
That's enough to get me excited! The original is my all-time favorite movie. I just want something half as inspired, creative and well-paced. Also, hoping it has a killer score/soundtrack, but I'm guessing that probably wasn't complete for the screening your friends saw.

EruditeHobo

Said it's the best sequel. Not a high bar to clear, but still.

Did they mention the action? Can it still be fairly called an action movie, like the previous entries?

I know they were filming stunts and car chases in SF, explosions and shit... but from everything I've heard I've been told not to expect an "action movie".

ManaByte

Did they mention the action? Can it still be fairly called an action movie, like the previous entries?

I know they were filming stunts and car chases in SF, explosions and shit... but from everything I've heard I've been told not to expect an "action movie".

Yea and I guess the trailer is heavy on the action.

The only way I got that much plot out of them (they don't spoil shit) is because of that SF filming:
During the filming in SF people saw them filming a scene where a kid comes up to Neo and tells him he's a fan of his "movies". I asked them about that and they explained it wasn't movies, but video games that he made.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

I don't believe you

I didn't even use the Anchorman gif to show how serious I am

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't mind, i just want more matrix now its still possible as he's still in a good shape and not to old. wait another 10 years and that could be very different.
He was slower in John Wick 3. Mostly guns.

He can still do a lot but it won't be like part 1. The storyline kind of works for him forgetting a lot of his abilities too.

RNG

imagination jerking off GIF

SJRB

Gold Member
Hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

[How this isn't named Matrix Rebooted is beyond me]

Last edited:

Soodanim

I remain cautiously optimistic. Tweets and word of mouth can give a misleading impression, the only thing to do is wait and see how the finished product is. Might be awful, might be good.

FunkMiller

So they’ve gone full blown meta with it? Sounds ridiculous.

I approve!

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

The best part about this post is the couple of guys believing this.

Like genuinely thinking this is the plot of the movie.

Thank you sir for the laughs.

McCheese

I mean it sounds too weird to be true, but could have levels to it - like maybe his videogame was used by the machines for creating the actual matrix, he fucked up the matrix and essentially gave himself god powers so they reset him and are getting him to make a new one they have more control over or something. That's a shit plot but just an example, I expect ManaByte's friend is telling the truth, but not telling the whole story.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Frankly, I’m now going to be disappointed if this isn’t the plot.

We need more batshit in our movies. I don’t think I can stand another by the numbers heroic punchfest 😩

Edit: done a bit of digging, and it does seem likely that the film will be very meta in one way or another. I’m so pleased.

The Office Lol GIF

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I mean it sounds too weird to be true, but could have levels to it - like maybe his videogame was used by the machines for creating the actual matrix, he fucked up the matrix and essentially gave himself god powers so they reset him and are getting him to make a new one they have more control over or something. That's a shit plot but just an example, I expect ManaByte's friend is telling the truth, but not telling the whole story.

I always thought the perfect plot point for a matrix film would be that to convince the people that they weren’t in a matrix, the machines make a series of sci-fi films called the Matrix.

Tokio Blues

I need that trailer.

Does anybody knows if it will continue the story of matrix online? because in that case.. morpheus...

Top Bottom