• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most annoying enemies in gaming?

Stafford

Finally started with Witcher 3's last expansion which is the awesome Blood and Wine. However, they introduce a new enemy in this and it absolutely makes my blood boil, lol.

It's these cursed flowers and the lore behind them is great, love it. Fighting them, I do not love. They are so annoying with their toxic spitting and the little flower things they grow on the ground that explode can kill Geralt insanely quickly. Fuck they are assholes. So, what are some truly terribly annoying enemies for you?

Revenant from Elden Ring - Fuck these guys, I'm still not over how annoying they are.
er_revenant.png

Banjo64

cumsessed
It’s always the first enemy you encounter in a From game. You know they are little useless scrubs, but because you’re level 1 you have to super cautious and they will kick your ass otherwise. Then you go back with good gear and obliterate them by farting and you just reminisce and laugh

XojmCUT.png

Blitz - Devil May Cry 4. It is tanky, strong, and has a mandatory rage state that is ASS and that is hard to skip on higher difficulties if you don't nuke it immediatly.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
NES games where the enemy was too low to the ground to hit with your default weapon, you just stand there like a dumbass firing over their head while they come and kill you.

E.g. this little fucker from the Mega Man games:

Mega_Man_2_enemy_Springer.png

And these little worm shits from Blaster Master

Blaster_Master_enemy_worm.gif

MrRibeye

This is the most hilarious video :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jonathan Blow creator of The Witness is being harassed b a threatening dwarf

Seriously I laughed out loud, Jonathan is walking through this cave and constantly out of nowhere there's this dwarf throwing knifes at him it's phenomenal 🔥

Last edited:

Lorianus

Not really enemies but bosses i guess:

The legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky - Leonhardt
8b9330576662013a73e63ea5aa371ae0baac362ca6d5cb83e6d84e8b23767558_thumb.png

The Legend of Heroes Trails to Azure - Arianrhod
58b54177aa1c66c399317f36c865b6261ddf3fd462dc6685d9ab2272b8ac2335_thumb.png

They brought me great pain on nightmare difficulty.

Last edited:
Enigmas, Devil May Cry 3.
images

They are particularly annoying, because if you hate them like I do, you will go straight to them and stomp them out of anger, but they dash away when you try to attack them, and are somewhere else in no time.

They are well designed, don't get me wrong. Excellent enemy design, and they serve that purpose.

But I hate them.

Vampire Bats, Final Fantasy
images

In the 2D games, their Blood-whatever attack animation takes fucking forever, and it doesn't help that you fight multiple at once, and it also doesn't help that they spam that Blood-whatever over and over again.

And Robert, King of Fighters
02UM_Robert_Profile.png

I despise fighting him in the NeoGeo era games. Something about his CPU design...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The boogeymen in the original Toejam & Earl. Annoying, persistent and just one hit takes away a sizable chunk of health.

K7I1f3G.png

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This is the most hilarious video :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jonathan Blow creator of The Witness is being harassed b a threatening dwarf

Seriously I laughed out loud, Jonathan is walking through this cave and constantly out of nowhere there's this dwarf throwing knifes at him it's phenomenal 🔥

His misery brings me such joy.

Any game that fumbles their very basic attack modes, giving the player bow and arrow while the enemies want to do melee and waggle their heads and bodies while moving towards you. Make it a proper fair hack and slash game then, if you want to make aiming a pain in the ass but give me a crippled and almost useless melee move set. Horizon or also Rage just felt wrong too often. Where aiming is impossible on the pad, it would either require heavy auto aim assist or impossibly fast sensitivity to match the enemies lateral move speeds.

Also weird difficulty spikes. Especially when it's some small punk somewhere in between, maybe swarming you with 3 or more simultaneously and even boss battles being much easier. eg those dudes throwing bombs in Darksiders Genesis could kill quite fast and link hits annoyingly, where evade would just not work and you fly around the map with more than one hit and often over the cliff as well. At least falling is just another hit and not just immediate death there.

Bond007

I hate enemies with shields.
Shields i need to disarm before a they are vulnerable. Its just annoying at this point.

Im talking physical shields- like say in Spiderman. Not force fields or things of that nature.

Top Bottom