• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damnit guys, you're not making it easy to wait on my ass-pc to start working again :(

Soo many beautiful pictures. Keep em' coming. <3

Holy shit... I'm new to the thread, so excuse the question, but is that some sort of high resolution texture pack dealy? It looks fucking stunning.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Psychotext said:
Holy shit... I'm new to the thread, so excuse the question, but is that some sort of high resolution texture pack dealy? It looks fucking stunning.
It's just the textures that came with the PC version of the game. Those shots are heavily downsampled which can lead to textures looking quite sharp.

CryptiK

Psychotext said:
The games textures look terrible while playing the pics are just downscaled

Actually, it's more that I take most shots from the 'safe distance' where as few textures as possible are massively upscaled, which is one of the benefits of using debug commands. If I just mashed the FRAPS or tiledshot key during cutscenes using the game's own cameras, you'd see that there's no real magic going on there. Mass Effect textures in general are enormously hit-and-miss when it comes to resolution. I'll always downsample, of course, but that tends to be more about removing any aliasing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just took my ME2 screens while I played through the DLC as I normally would and Fraps + cutscenes holds up quite well if you ask me. I don't have an eye for photography, so I'll let the game makers do that for me and I just keep the screens that hold up best.

Hey, man, each to their own. I'm not knocking your methods, just explaining why the textures don't look quite as horrible from a greater distance away. That said, the character and costume textures in Shadow Broker do seem slightly better than usual.

Am I right in thinking you removed the various blooms and filters to clear the image up in Grid? I dabbled with that once but couldn't justify stripping out the game's art direction. It's a shame there isn't some happy medium between the two, really. The Grid sequel in DX11 should be something to behold, though...

TheOctagon said:
Am I right in thinking you removed the various blooms and filters to clear the image up in Grid? I dabbled with that once but couldn't justify stripping out the game's art direction. It's a shame there isn't some happy medium between the two, really. The Grid sequel in DX11 should be something to behold, though...

Yeah i turned off post processing and blur, makes the game look nice and sharp but removes a fair bit of its "oomph". DiRT 2 (in DX11 at least) managed to look razor sharp while having everything on. Cant wait for Grid 2, should look phenomenal, do wish it was coming before DiRT 3 though :/

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
In memory of the Devil May Cry series, have some shots of DMC 4 PC. I must admit, I could probably end up with thousands of screens of this, the art style is just too awesome.

DMC411.jpg

DMC412.jpg

Top Bottom