• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

5087971859_79239b9e41_b.jpg

5087969585_2f6f7cbf19_b.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Honestly, ENB makes the colors look ridiculous. Or maybe that's the lighting mods. I don't understand why people like ENB other than the shit it does for GTA4. It makes every other game that can use it look like shit.

I wouldn't say it makes every game look like shit, for many games, you can adjust the contrast and other features. (Like Dragon Age) So really it's up to the user.

Yeah, the ENB mod does seem to be up to its old tricks in Abu Dhabi. But if you look at the pics of Melbourne and Monaco on the previous page, I actually think it really works for F1 at times. And I'm usually the first to say how crass and ugly it is, especially on games like Resi 5. I'll see how some of the other tracks fare. Singapore was all over the shop.

Waikis

Stallion Free said:
Honestly, ENB makes the colors look ridiculous. Or maybe that's the lighting mods. I don't understand why people like ENB other than the shit it does for GTA4. It makes every other game that can use it look like shit.

hear hear.

Blizzard

Banned
TheOctagon said:
Yeah, the ENB mod does seem to be up to its old tricks in Abu Dhabi. But if you look at the pics of Melbourne and Monaco on the previous page, I actually think it really works for F1 at times. And I'm usually the first to say how crass and ugly it is, especially on games like Resi 5. I'll see how some of the other tracks fare. Singapore was all over the shop.
I don't know which map is the one by the ocean (your first shots), but I thought those looked really good. I guess the reds are really bright from the latter images, but I still think it looks decent -- but I'm not a photographer or artist so what do I know. :p

Is it possible to get the clarity and level of detail of ENB without the color modification, for comparison?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
I don't know which map is the one by the ocean (your first shots), but I thought those looked really good. I guess the reds are really bright from the latter images, but I still think it looks decent -- but I'm not a photographer or artist so what do I know. :p

Is it possible to get the clarity and level of detail of ENB without the color modification, for comparison?
ENB doesn't add clarity or detail.

Tain

Enslaved is the first commercial UE3 game with Lightmass? It feels like it's been around forever in UDK, but looking back on all the commercial UE3 games, I guess I'm not too shocked.

I'm thinking installing the ENB mod before properly testing the lighting mods wasn't the best idea. It's no great surprise that ENB basically oversaturates the colour and ruins the skyboxes, though it does add a kind of chromatic abberation when used in conjunction with the game's HDR, which can look pretty good under the right set of circumstances. The lighting mods are certainly doing most of the good, though.

Back you go, then, ENB series. Back to the toilet you share with the Fake Factory Half-Life 2 mod.

Well, I tried with Mafia II. Set up LUA scripts for noclip and everything else, added the Free Ride mod. Then I realised it was a textural heap and had the world's most revolting AA solution.

I did mess around with that lighting and effects mod someone did, but not for those tracks there. The game just has a lush art style. In fact, I'll be removing that mod when I get home because the tracks it did effect looked rubbish afterwards. It's one of those photorealism-is-all mods that German websites have a good old tug over, never once asking if the art director did things for a reason. Goes hand-in-hand with the sepia=piss mentality, I suppose.

It is running in DX11, though, if that makes any difference.

markao

TheOctagon said:
I did mess around with that lighting and effects mod someone did, but not for those tracks there. The game just has a lush art style. In fact, I'll be removing that mod when I get home because the tracks it did effect looked rubbish afterwards. It's one of those photorealism-is-all mods that German websites have a good old tug over, never once asking if the art director did things for a reason. Goes hand-in-hand with the sepia=piss mentality, I suppose.

It is running in DX11, though, if that makes any difference.
DX 11 does make a difference in Dirt 2, I could easily pick out the people with a DX9/10 card in the official screenshot topic (un sharp/blur). Let's hope the upcoming DX11 patch for F1 2010 will do the same.

ps: Cannot say it enough, love all those shots and hope you keep doing it !!

I think I need to make some new cameras for Dirt 2 tonight. I just imported the ones I did for F1 2010 for the shots so far and only the long-distance ones actually look any good. I think it's that the smaller number of cars gives away that the camera's locked to the player all the time. I'll try some closer ones with lower angles and various offsets from the car. Might try a closer FOV, too.

Top Bottom