• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Tarin02543

Octagon, that is absolutely beautiful. Sometimes you would think extra cpu power for Mario games is pointless but this proves otherwise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SWTFU2%202010-10-27%2019-21-36-69.jpg

SWTFU2%202010-10-27%2019-24-37-90.jpg

jett

D-Member
TheOctagon said:
I refuse to believe the higher-than-necessary textures in most firstparty Wii games aren't there for a reason.

*shrug*

Kratos's model from GOW3 has 2048x2048 textures, as if that mattered in a 720p game. :lol They're "higher than necessary" because they can be. Textures in SMG are not that high quality anyway, they will look low-res semi-close-up still, they're clearly not made for HD, if that's what you're implying.

5126880981_475ee9756f_b.jpg

5126874227_4a367d1559_b.jpg

INI tweaks, character generator misery, monster anti-aliasing (4xSGSSAA), high-res textures, head mesh, eyes, skeleton, console commands, and an SSD to keep things running insanely smooth. So yes, some modding required.

jett said:
*shrug*

Kratos's model from GOW3 has 2048x2048 textures, as if that mattered in a 720p game. :lol They're "higher than necessary" because they can be. Textures in SMG are not that high quality anyway, they will look low-res semi-close-up still, they're clearly not made for HD, if that's what you're implying.

I was thinking more about the ones in Smash Bros. Brawl, though I suspect you're right. Gaming conspiracies are never that interesting.

Making your own mods is definitely advisable. Words fail me with much of the Nexus content. The one that's literally a parade of cocks springs to mind.

EDIT: Not that I've made many mods, mind.

The nights are a combination of three things: the Fellout NV weather mod, the time of day console command (speeding up the clock, basically), and forcing different weather types to see which one looks best. Which is why each night scene looks a little different. You can pretty much stir up whatever type of atmosphere you want in that game (so long as it doesn't involve awkward things like, y'know, shadows).

RedSwirl said:
Octagon, when can we expect this gallery to go up on Dead End Thrills in 1080p?

When I've played more than 1% of the game, probably. I'm thinking 2%.

Incidentally, I had The Midnight Meat Train on while I was playing this evening, in case you were wondering why so many heads are flying off.

jediyoshi

Bebpo said:
The character models in FU2 look real good.

The detail gets lost outside of cutscenes, Starkiller has a really small presence during gameplay. The environments are mostly real depressing as well.

Hot stuff Octagon, was hoping to see your voodoo on NV.

Just a note to say I'm currently putting together a Fallout 3 / New Vegas version of that Oblivion mod guide I did a while ago. Should take another day, two tops.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
TheOctagon said:
Just a note to say I'm currently putting together a Fallout 3 / New Vegas version of that Oblivion mod guide I did a while ago. Should take another day, two tops.

Awesome news. Hail!

Just mucking about with ini settings and porting mods this evening. An i7, GTX480 and SSD maintains top performance with 4xSGSSAA and the uGrids setting (how many grids around the player to draw at max LOD) upped to 13. That's almost three times the usual!

5141318141_11509cae76_b.jpg

5141922716_3d4a399d2c_b.jpg

Your definition of good is going to need some explaining there. I think it looks lovely despite lacking just about all the technical visual traits of a modern PC game. I'd sooner a modded, fully anti-aliased New Vegas than the jaggie-ridden/edge AA'd version of Red Dead Redemption we'd probably get.

On that note, has anyone tried SGSSAA with GTA IV yet?

EDIT: None of which means I wouldn't kill for a realtime shadow-casting mod for either Oblivion or the Fallout games. Someone attempted one right at the start for Oblivion and it involved editing every object in the game individually, or something, so no surprise that it didn't exactly take off.

Top Bottom