• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NCAA Men's College BASEBALL Official Thread of June Madness -Back home in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Great game and I am just glad that Tyler Webb wasn't put in earlier than he was. I have a feeling we are going to be having a rematch on Thursday.

Meier

So happy to see the Gators 0-2 and BBQ. Makes the season a good one regardless of whether or not 11 leads us to another exit.

impirius

Congratulations, Hogs. Great pitching performances. I hate to see The Streak end, but there's no shame in losing to this Arkansas squad.

impirius

Good news for college baseball overall: SC vs. UF drew 1.4 million viewers and was ESPN's top non-US Open program last week.

I've gotten over the sting of last night's loss enough to start appreciating just how outstanding the pitching was.

NyTgn.png

FNoE5.png

Not a lot of strikeouts, just forcing plenty of bad decisions and not letting anyone make solid contact.

Losing Webb for at least tomorrow and Thursday is going to really test the Carolina bullpen. He's been far and away our best setup man this year.

Screaming_Gremlin

Slow day at work, so I have been streaming the SC/Kent St. game on ESPN 3. Looks like unless Kent St. manages to get something going on offense that South Carolina is going to win this.

Holy crap, Arizona is up 6-0 after ONE INNING. They apparently haven't lost yet in the tournament. They look really scary right now.

Screaming_Gremlin

Huh, guess I'll take it since it helps Arkansas, but that seemed like a pretty lousy call against SC. Weird that there hadn't been a single batter interference call since 2000 in the CWS and Arkansas has now been involved in two of them in the last three games.

impirius

Huh, guess I'll take it since it helps Arkansas, but that seemed like a pretty lousy call against SC. Weird that there hadn't been a single batter interference call since 2000 in the CWS and Arkansas has now been involved in two of them in the last three games.
Ehh, I'm sure it'll even out over the course of the game. I've gotta say that officiating has been pretty good overall in this CWS. There have been a couple of wacky strike zones, but they were consistently wacky.

Come on Carolina! I think we can all agree that everyone wins if these two teams get to play an extra game. Right guys? Yeah?

Screaming_Gremlin

You guys had crazy good pitching yesterday, in both games. Of course we then didn't help ourselves by making some idiotic base running decisions the few times we actually had some opportunities.

impirius

Who gets the start tomorrow?
Colby Holmes, of course!

You guys had crazy good pitching yesterday, in both games. Of course we then didn't help ourselves by making some idiotic base running decisions the few times we actually had some opportunities.
It was a really bad night for baserunning all around. I think that 6-3 DP was probably the nail in the coffin for the Hogs last night.

Screaming_Gremlin

Half an inning and our offense is already more productive than yesterday. Hope this is a good sign for the rest of the night.

Edit - I see we are in for another night of a very consistently inconsistent strike zone.

Yeah a small/inconsistent strike zone definitely favors the better hitting team in South Carolina. We were fortunate to get out of the first inning without allowing a run. We'll need to be much better if we want to win. I don't see us scoring more than 3 runs this game if that.

Well, we already got to their starter. Unfortunately, Webb was excellent last time we faced him. We're going to need to score at least one of the runners on 2nd and 3rd if we want to win this game.

Yeah it's a good sign that we were at least making contact against Webb. I still think we'll need one more run before the night is over.

impirius

I'm a nervous wreck at the moment. Waaaaaay too many men left on base so far, and no Arkansas pitchers are staying in long enough for us to figure them out.

impirius

That was an awesome three-game series in the CWS. Congrats on an outstanding year, Hogs, and damn you for snapping that winning streak!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Arizona / USCe will be awesome

Rooting for Zona though this time... should be a hell of a final series. Pity each game's first pitch is at 2am here in Italy. Oh well.

MrCWS83

Do any of you college baseball fans know if Dallas Baptist is joining the WAC or MVC? They were going to join MVC and swapped for WAC but with all the realignment, the WAC nearly completely depleted, I wonder if they'll swap again

impirius

Arizona had control of this one from the beginning. Looking forward to seeing all of the big guns on the mound for Carolina from here on out.

impirius

It seems like Carolina couldn't catch a single break the entire series, but that's usually a sign of a good club in the other dugout. Arizona's defense erased plenty of big play opportunities.. Painful as it was to watch, it was fitting that the final play was a pop fly considering how many of those the Arizona staff forced throughout the series.

Congrats to the Wildcats and Andy Lopez on a well-deserved national title.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Congrats to Arizona, and once again, the hottest team at the end wins it all, as they sweep the tourney 10-0.

So much of winning a NCAA Baseball title is knowing how to get your team to the end with a quarter tank of gas left and then just mash on the accelerator

bluemax

Banned
Welp Zona kept the fake USC from matching the real USC in consecutive titles.

I wish we could be competitive at baseball again but I don't know if it'll ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom