• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fifty

Let's just hope EA patches it, soon. I know they're taking their time with leagues, but this can't wait. I'm not too worried since I only play with GA people and I doubt they'll be studying up on this, but EA had better get this shit together.

JayFro

Banned
Fifty said:
Let's just hope EA patches it, soon. I know they're taking their time with leagues, but this can't wait. I'm not too worried since I only play with GA people and I doubt they'll be studying up on this, but EA had better get this shit together.

This is definitely a major fuck up, and considering they are the only NFL game around they pretty much owe it to the consumers to fix this. The question is put the link up that I originally posted or keep it down? How many if any GAers' knew about this already? How many of those who knew used it? The saga continues........ :lol

fellas chill out, this isn't a game killer. no one in the league is going to abuse this. just call the game as you normally would. if your league opponent audibles to an all-out blitz out of the blue or is doing lots of random audibles after a second, then you know what's going on. think about this truthfully: how many times do you audible your defense to a completely different play? not very. we are all honest and legit players here. it is a pain in the ass and i don't expect EA to patch it, but it is a small problem.

DCX

DCX
...i'm tired of playing against people who exploite stupid bugs like this...i played some guy who was 55-11 yesterday, he couldn't stop my drives until the red zone :( i kicked a FG. I stopped him he punted, i drove to mid field then punted myself, i had him 3rd-14 and he hooked up with his reciever going deep when i had a cover 3...meh, it'll happen.

7-3. Next position i run up and down the field then tried a play action pass got picked off...next play, the same exact pass for a TD. My next drive...a couple first downs for me then a punt and guess what fellas, the SAME PASS with a double team and me playing center field!!! 21-3 just like that. Argh...it's all about finding the bug and taking advantage...

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yep I'm 100% done playing random people after this morning.I dont even want to type up how they play cause its not worth my time and most of the bs stuff has been posted here already,but I'm only sticking to people here from now on.I'll tell you one thing,playing random people who exploit glitches and shit sure do know how to make a football game not worth wanting to own.

One guy wouldnt even except my cry for mercy,quit on that bitch and at this point I dont give a rats ass about my DNF % because I'm done with it.

I'm just glad honest people from GA are around or I would never play online.

Slo

I just played a game with icedragon7. He's a good player and legitimately beat me. He's got a great running game, I couldn't stop it.

However, I didn't appreciate you calling a time out with 15 seconds left so you can throw a long bomb to Moss and run up the score. That's lame, dude. Really fucking lame.

BTW, I know this wasn't a league game, but when the league starts you are not allowed to play as the blitzer.

guys, when the league starts please be respectful and obey the rules. the rules will be posted shortly. but, in the meantime, the following are illegal:

* Manual blitzing
* D-line spread (vote is still going on, but at this point the "ban d-line spreading" is winning)
* 4-wide every down

dont pull any of this crap and dont run up the score on your opponent. that is ridiculous

hgplayer1

I honestly didnt know and still dont know what this glitch is but it pretty much would make the game like playing the AI. :lol except that if youre not in I formation. you really have to wonder what the fuck EA is thinking when they do stuff like this. I mean why in the world would you not either make it random or make it the same for every formation.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/?lid=1307&did=47597

pre-season week 1 is up! the only person i was unable to schedule this week was king V because we have an odd number of players, but i will fix that soon enough.

to enter stats:

1. click link above
2. find your game, click on it
3. this will bring you to an "enter game stats" screen. you can hit "printable stat sheet" to print a sheet out to enter.
4. when you need to enter player stats, click on "<your team> Player Stats". Enter those as well
5. be sure to hit "save" for each section (thought this was obvious but you never know).

since it's preseason, lets do a 3-day schedule to play these. remember this is just to really test out how to enter stats and get your feet wet with the whole league thing. let me know if you have any questions!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Slo said:
I just played a game with icedragon7. He's a good player and legitimately beat me. He's got a great running game, I couldn't stop it.

However, I didn't appreciate you calling a time out with 15 seconds left so you can throw a long bomb to Moss and run up the score. That's lame, dude. Really fucking lame.

BTW, I know this wasn't a league game, but when the league starts you are not allowed to play as the blitzer.

Thats fucked up :|

Better not pull that kinda crap in league play icedragon,I mean respect your opponents dude.

When would you like to play icedragon?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't know if you saw my post about the manually controlling WRs and then running around where the ball is going to land, that could lead to some fucked up plays if the D is in man.

Me, personally, I won't use that garbage glitch. I just want to say that I do blitz on running plays, so if it's an obvious running situation and you're in four-wide, don't be surprised to see my safeties move down into the box. They're just covering their assignments since the LBs are blitzing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont ever manually control Wr's so i guess its somthing i dont have to worry about

Slo said:

:lol Sorry, I just couldn't settle with a 6-0 loss besides, it was the end of the game so why not bomb the ball downfield...Good game anyway.

DCX

DCX
BigZep, let me know when a good time would be. I live in NY, i'm off today...but i work 3pm-11pm. AIM: DreamcastKC Gamertag: DCX gaf

DCX

Matrix I'll play you right now if you want but I think the EA servers just went down. Coldblood and I were in the middle of 10-10 game, both got disconnected. Sucks big time.

Matrix

The servers are up now,Im online.

I sent you a friends request.

Matrix

Yea playing now would be good,remember you are home and its 5 mins quarters on all-pro/unraked.

Its going to be fun typing in stats for a pre-season game :) :(

aight I'm getting on right now, but I won't be using my mic since its messed up.

Also I've noticed with someone using the Chiefs and Redskins that the RB black and white buttons were changed to L and R and sometimes B in the I-formation.

Matrix

Ice,you have to use your league team..the Jets.

Its also 5 min quarters,all-pro/unranked.

I have no mic,but I typed that to you using the EA mess. and you didnt challenge again.

Fifty

Hopefully everyone follows my tip and posts their AIM info in their profile on LD so we can easily do it that way. Also, this is on the site, but I want to make sure everyone sees it

"
3. You can now save a 'default' lineup. Click the checkbox above the 'Save' button labeled "Save currently selected players as default lineup", and those players will automatically be displayed each time."

Do this when you submit your player stats and it'll make it easier next time.

GOD DAMN EA SERVERS GONE DOWN FOR THE 2ND TIME TODAY!!!

This is horrible. Matrix, what do we do now?
Hopefully your still in the game to record stats, this happened earlier today with me and Coldblooded only EA knocked him out 10 seconds later.

I have a couple things to address here.

1. When its 4th and inches or even 2 yards to go in say...1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, can we go for it? or are we forced to punt. (Fairplay on)

2. I accidently voted Yes to ban line spread...I acctually want that in.

3. Should we have a rule for using the same running plays in a single drive ?
Example, running left once on first down, then later in the possession, doing that same run again...thats just a rule my friends and I used to do but thats just us...

hgplayer1

iceDragon7 said:

1. When its 4th and inches or even 2 yards to go in say...1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, can we go for it? or are we forced to punt. (Fairplay on)

Example, running left once on first down, then later in the possession, doing that same run again...thats just a rule my friends and I used to do but thats just us...

i sense the dark side in this one

Fifty

What do you mean Ramirez? There are 40 individual stats to record. If you meant you don't have to do them in the preseason, sorry, you're outta luck.

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
Yea :lol

So I take it no individual stats or what?And HG I can play later tonight if you're around,Ill hop on AIM.

thats cool. any specific time in mind? I can take all stats for our game if you want. Im gonna be writing mine down anyway.

KingV

Fifty said:
Bah! We're putting so much work into this, it'll kick the shit out of whatever half-asse league EA does. Fine by me, but that's the truth!

edit: I trust Icedragon more than Shadow to play his games anyway.

I wish there was a way for the team articles to be posted on the front page. It's a shame that people are putting work into stuff that is hidden away on their team page.

edit again: Gunstar is in

FMT, I see you gave King Vit the Titans. I also see he hasn't posted in this thread, or on the league message board What's up with that? Call me a cynic I just don't want anyone forgetting about this. Do you know he's down 100%?

I've been reading the message board, I just don't have much to say. When you're playing the as the Titans, it's best to be humble.

edit: On the topic of the Titans, I only took them in the pre-season tourney because because they were open. I see there's a few teams still open, I'd love to trade up if possible, as the Titans special teams and Defense are bad enough to give me a coronary when playing against decent teams. I see the Pats are still open... as are the bengals. Too late to change?

1. the ONLY time i want to see anyone going for it on 4th down is if it is very short yardage (2 or less) and you are in that "too far for fg, too close to punt..." range. i dont care if its 4th and inches at your own 49 yard line at the end of the half, you should be punting that shit.

2. ok

3. im not understanding what you're asking. you want a rule for using the same running plays? what kind of rule? you can run to the left 50 times in the drive if that's what you want to do.

I've been reading the message board, I just don't have much to say. When you're playing the as the Titans, it's best to be humble.

edit: On the topic of the Titans, I only took them in the pre-season tourney because because they were open. I see there's a few teams still open, I'd love to trade up if possible, as the Titans special teams and Defense are bad enough to give me a coronary when playing against decent teams. I see the Pats are still open... as are the bengals. Too late to change?

you dont have to be the titans, but consider the pats taken. you can have the saints or the jaguars if you like.

Rorschach

I have not seen shadowredz today or yesterday. I'd feel like a total chump if I waited for him all day today. Is he still on vacation? The Raiders game was yesterday and I have today off, so it's a good time to play. ;)

I see that I have the Raiders on leaguedaddy right now. Should I just play the pre-season games in the meantime? If so, I'm available right now, AZYUMA86.

Rorschach said:
I have not seen shadowredz today or yesterday. I'd feel like a total chump if I waited for him all day today. Is he still on vacation? The Raiders game was yesterday and I have today off, so it's a good time to play. ;)

I see that I have the Raiders on leaguedaddy right now. Should I just play the pre-season games in the meantime? If so, I'm available right now, AZYUMA86.

Yeah, I thought the Raiders were going to be between you and ShadwoRedz and didn't feel like playing twice to get to them so I just went with the next open team.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Alright, ran into a few questions entering stats.

First, you've got a column for Points For under first downs in the team stats, what's that?

Second, I don't see third down percentage anywhere?

Third, I scored a TD with a retired player (Freddie Jones) who isn't listed in LeagueDaddy. I gave his catch to Mangum, but what should we do? I don't mind not using Freddie if that's what it comes to, I didn't even think about the fact that he retired in the preseason.

Fourth, punt return yards (yeah right, but just in case lol), those go in the kick return stats?

I think that's it for now.

I'm going to go cry now, Delhomme with 5 ints, 3 returned for TDs I believe :(

Seachickens 35 Panthers 10

edit--oh yeah, no TOP stats?

Fifty

DJ_Tet said:
Alright, ran into a few questions entering stats.

First, you've got a column for Points For under first downs in the team stats, what's that
Second, I don't see third down percentage anywhere?

Third, I scored a TD with a retired player (Freddie Jones) who isn't listed in LeagueDaddy. I gave his catch to Mangum, but what should we do? I don't mind not using Freddie if that's what it comes to, I didn't even think about the fact that he retired in the preseason.

Fourth, punt return yards (yeah right, but just in case lol), those go in the kick return stats?

I think that's it for now.

I'm going to go cry now, Delhomme with 5 ints, 3 returned for TDs I believe :(

Seachickens 35 Panthers 10

edit--oh yeah, no TOP stats?

1. edit: I just realized there are two "points scored" categories on the main page. Yes, I can delete the points scored one you enter in so you just do the score

2. We used all the stats the system lets us. That might be added if we take some out

3. If you want to keep Freddie, I can add him into the LD system

4. As I said, we used all the stats it lets us...and the PR system is pretty much broken so I thought they were expendable. I suppose you could put them in with KR yards if people really want them.

Rorschach

In typical Rorschach fasion, I fuck up at the end by dropping the controller and switching to CB who just stood there because I couldn't fumble to pick up the controller fast enough. :lol He goes to most of the field to get the TD and game ovah.

Anyway, it was a really close game, but Shadow gets the Raiders.

Code:
Statistics                  r0rschach         ShadowRedz      
Rushing attempts for                 16              13
Rushing yards for                   153              68
Passing attempts for                 29              20
Passing yards for                   148             189
Punts                                 1               2
Field goals for                       0               2
Long field goals (40+) for            0               2
Rushing touchdowns for                2               0
Passing touchdowns for                1               2
Returns touchdowns for                0               0
Defensive touchdowns for              0               1
Turnovers for                         0               2
Interceptions for                     0               2
Sacks for                             0               2
Number of third downs                10               7
Third down conversions                5               3
No-huddle plays                       0               0
Audibles called                       1               0
Hot routes used                       8               0
Shotgun plays                         7               0
Blitzes                               6               9
Time of possession                 9:00            7:00
2-point conversions tried             0               1
2-point conversions succeeded         0               0
Red zone field goals                  0               0
Red zone touchdowns                   2               1
Red zone opportunities                2               1
First downs                          13               9
First down yards                    151             128
Special teams yards                  72              35
Punt return yards                    20               0
Punt yards                           53             103
First down rushing plays              7               7
First down passing plays             14               8
Second down rushing plays             9               4
Second down passing plays             7               7
Third down rushing plays              0               2
Third down passing plays             10               5
Fourth down rushing plays             0               0
Fourth down passing plays             0               0
Passes completed                     12              12
Fumbles                               0               0
Fumbles recovered                     0               0
Possessions                          12              15
Third downs, 3 or less yards          4               2
  Successes                           1               2
Third downs, 4 to 9 yards             3               4
  Successes                           2               1
Third downs, 10 or more yards         3               1
  Successes                           2               0
Hurries                               2               9
Knockdowns                            0               2
Passes deflected                      5               9
Passes tipped                         0               0
Offensive yards                     301             257
Total yards                         373             292
Return yards                         52              35
Total touchdowns                      3               3
Final Score: 21 - 26

GG

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
1. edit: I just realized there are two "points scored" categories on the main page. Yes, I can delete the points scored one you enter in so you just do the score

2. We used all the stats the system lets us. That might be added if we take some out

3. If you want to keep Freddie, I can add him into the LD system

4. As I said, we used all the stats it lets us...and the PR system is pretty much broken so I thought they were expendable. I suppose you could put them in with KR yards if people really want them.

I love Freddie, but I don't think it's exactly fair that I use him. He has no reason to be on the next roster update (yeah, I'll hold my breath for that one too). I'll go with whatever the commish's say. He is my best TE by a decent margin, but if we aren't taking account of real injuries and just going with what EA gives us, then I guess he should be added.

Yeah, PR system is broken, and TOP isn't that big a stat, however, I think third down conversions are a big stat. If you are at the limit of added stats though, I don't know what to tell you.

guys i have to warn you that inputting the player/team stats can be very tedious and "hard" work.

this is why we are doing a preseason. for those of you who can't handle this, please let us know so we can drop you from the league before the season starts. but for those of you who can handle it, good!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
he told me he didnt input his player stats since he was disconnected before the end of the game.

hmmm, i see. in the future if this happens, we'll have your opponent enter your stats for you.

remember i said if your opponent disconnects, hit "continue vs. cpu". then write the stats down and replay whatever time is left.

Yeah...about the player stats, earlier today Coldblooded and I were playing a game and we both got disconnected at the same time due to EA server going down. Then when I was playing Matrix, the same thing happened with the last 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter so I was unable to record those stats. I did ask Matrix if he wanted another game but we both figured since its 1st preseason to just let it slide but next preseason game I will record the stats for sure since I know EA won't be going down anytime soon after today.
If you want I'm still down to play Matrix again (wether I win or lose) to record stats... Sorry but it's not my fault EA sucks.

Top Bottom