• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next-Gen "Switch or Stay the Same" Thread

Are you going to switch or stay the same.

• Switch from Xbox to PlayStation

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Switch from PlayStation to Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay with Xbox

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Stay with PlayStation

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Buy both

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters

Codes 208

I usually follow where my friends go (which has generally been xbox) But ultimately I’ll probably end up buying both like i did this gen.

Nintendo is usually a no-brainer buy for me as a secondary system for exclusives.

Great Hair

Banned
Going with Sega this time. Can not wait to play Virtua Striker 4K, Daytona or Sega Rally, Virtua Tennis ... remember when games were good? Can we go back to playing video games? and less "Kill Simulators?" Keep those on da pc. If only Sony or Nintendo had acquired Sega ... also f#ck Genki!

sendit

For me, unless the experience is ultimately better on the Xbox versus the PC. There really is no reason to get an Xbox. Microsoft are releasing all their exclusives on PC.

Ol'Scratch

It depends how they do it. I am not big on faith with Nintendo in these matters. I am afraid that they will try and include a gimmick to try and push people to upgrade like the NEW DSXL where they actually had games that would only run on the upgrade. Will wait and see. Not opposed to it since I think the Switch is a good sidekick to any other solution.

Meesh

I thought it was a thread for next-gen Switch.
Actually, I thought this would be another clever "Switch" thread, so I can't vote.
I'm sticking with, and playing Switch. Really that's all there is to it right now.
No switch so sticking with Switch, final answer.

ill get all as i usually do but the xbox will likely remain my primary.

ive never been a fan of Sony exclusives (not even remotely) and the xbox does everything else better imo. Better promotions, better services (gamepass xcloud), and better ecosystem imo. Plus, the one exclusive i ever actually cared about is Halo.

Although honestly, i must say, the #1 selling feature of xbox for me is the controller. Thats how passionately i feel it is superior to the DS4, of which i despise

But ill have a ps5 if the friends remain on ps

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Will be buying both. Whether or not both are day one depends on what the exclusives are for each console. As of right now, Xbox 4 is guaranteed since Halo infinite is launching alongside it. PlayStation 5 being day one depends on what exclusives launch with the console.

GreatnessRD

I said both, but I'll start with Playstation first. I normally wind up getting all three consoles then selling the Xbox and Nintendo console soon after. I did, however, keep my Switch though. (That I don't use. *Sigh*)

cireza

I will probably stick with Xbox, even though I am missing on a few Japanese games that I have interest in. If I switch, then I will be missing on a few Microsoft games, and I don't want to have too many consoles at home.

The fact that PS5 will be BC will weight a lot in the balance. If I can pop in whatever PS4 game I want, that would be a great way to play these few games I missed.

Not completely decided yet.

If only Sony or Nintendo had acquired Sega
Thank god this did not happen. Otherwise they would not be releasing Sakura Wars this year, they would not be making Valkyria Chronicles 4 and games like that anymore.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

For now I’m thinking the same setup I have now, PS5 and PC for most games and whatever system Nintendo has out.
MS has to show me I want a next box but if all or most of there next gen games are released for PC I don’t think I’ll be getting one.
MS you made a amazing console with the OneX but in the end I could not justify buying it.

Psykodad

Banned
Personally, I've never found a reason to own a Xbox or Nintendo system since Playstation joined the games industry.

PocoJoe

Banned
Personally, I've never found a reason to own a Xbox or Nintendo system since Playstation joined the games industry.

After snes in went to ps.

Playstation offers games, others dont offer as good or kind i like.

I have had used xbox+360 too, didnt play much. Wiiu+switch too, havent played much as lack of good games.

Xbox just cant offer as good experience + games as sony so it is not even competition

zenspider

Should be an option for holdouts; switch to PC; switch to streaming.

In the spirit of the thread as-is, unless Microsoft goes OG Xbox in terms of securing Japanese exclusives, I have no idea what they could do to pique my interest in their machine. My only thought is if I do holdout on the gen for a couple of years, GamePass might be more appealing at that point than Sony's analog.

Ten_Fold

Seems like Microsoft will be releasing games on PC more so I’ll stick with PlayStation an get my gears/halo fix on PC.

BlackTron

I'll probably keep on coasting on PC and Switch for a long time. I want to get a PS5 with PSVR2 (will be my first VR) when the time is right. I don't want a launch system.

Top Bottom