• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Ni No Kuni game, possibly Ni No Kuni 3, is under development and may release in 2020

CyberPanda

Banned
Level-5’s president Akihiro Hino has confirmed that the next new Ni No Kuni game, which is possibly Ni No Kuni 3, is currently under development. In an interview with Japanese magazine Nikkei, Akihiro Hino stated that this new Ni No Kuni game will be released after the release of the Ni No Kuni anime movie.

The Ni No Kuni anime movie will air on August 29th, 2019, so my guess is that the new Ni No Kuni game will release in 2020. A 2019 release seems unlikely at this point, especially if we take account the HD Remaster release of the first Ni No Kuni game.

After all, we haven’t heard anything at all for the next Ni No Kuni game and you can bet that Bandai Namco will do its best to promote and hype it prior to its release.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any additional details about this new Ni No Kuni game, however we’ll be sure to keep you posted.

Thanks DualShockers

Malio

I hope they bring back the mechanics and charm of the first game, I didn't enjoy 2 at all. It was too easy, and I hated the main characters.

gela94

Great news, the problem I had with the first one was the music there were sooo many battle and it always was the sammmmme fucking song .. . drove me fucking crazy

Vawn

Banned
Turn it back into a turn-based traditional JRPG with AAA cartoon style graphics please. NNK2 was such a disappointment after the original.

sublimit

Banned
I'm glad they continue to have faith in the IP. But i hope the next one doesn't have any RTS sections and if it has a kingdom building mechanic to be something that feels more immersive and less than a chore.

I also hope it has a proper,3rd person camera world map. Something like DQXI would be nice.

sublimit

Banned
Also if they go back to the Familiars system of the first game i really hope they make it less grindy. Going back to lvl1 each time you decided to metamorphose your familiars was one of the biggest bullshits i had ever seen in any game.

Ideally all acquired familiars should be leveled along with your partly members regardless if you use them or not.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Also if they go back to the Familiars system of the first game i really hope they make it less grindy. Going back to lvl1 each time you decided to metamorphose your familiars was one of the biggest bullshits i had ever seen in any game.

Ideally all acquired familiars should be leveled along with your partly members regardless if you use them or not.
Definitely needs some mechanism so you aren’t continually restarting from scratch every time you want to use a new familiar. Maybe let us “infuse” an old one into the new one to transfer some of their XP/abilities.

sublimit

Banned
Definitely needs some mechanism so you aren’t continually restarting from scratch every time you want to use a new familiar. Maybe let us “infuse” an old one into the new one to transfer some of their XP/abilities.
Eh sorry but i'm not too fond of the Persona fusion system personally...It felt needlessly complicated (without a guide) for someone like me who had never played a Persona game before P4G. I think they need to keep it simple with NNK3 and either have no transformations at all or if they have them just add the new skills but definitely keep the base stats (strength,hp,mp etc) the same as they were before the transformation.

Top Bottom